What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gardening with ALMOST free supplys Grow 2011... Check it again!.

Manitoid

2nd part of tdays update

2nd part of tdays update

Had to turn the camera sideways for this one already Blue goo in the front of the GH 6/16
picture.php

Another very happy SawTooth, called sawtooth left:
picture.php

And Blueberry 3:
picture.php

All of the plants are going to be LST and cleaned out tomorrow and next day. I only have 8-12ft til the roof, depending on spot... so the will be wider!

Thanks, as always, for tuning in!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Manitoid

I love this grow. On multiple levels! The free factor, the greenhouse factor, how good they look, .. And now you're going to LST 'em out! VERY excited to watch this!

Talk about economy and bang for the buck! I have a gazillion questions, I'm sure, but I'll save the inquisition for now. :)

:tiphat:

.clunk

Such amazing results that really trump alot of the smartpot and expensive and amendment nutrient approach, you've mastered amazing results we could all potentially achieve in our backyards regardless of how much disposable income we have.

I'm glad the Phoenix Tears are working to ease your pain - a week ago I didn't even know what they were but I've since been ingesting a small dosage as recommended and for once in a good many years I actually fully believe in the healing properties of cannabis again.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Manitoid please if you have time take pics of the process you are going to use to LST :) I know your LST last year produced monsters...

Mrpiston38

holy shit man, you have a damn good garden this year so far. glad to see that CO is going to have some good meds this year. sry to hear about ur hands and hope ur season foes great for ya :p

Mr.P

Manitoid

Talk about economy and bang for the buck! I have a gazillion questions, I'm sure, but I'll save the inquisition for now.

You can let them fly... the ONLY reason I risk posting here is for mutual cross education. I'm here to learn... I'm here to teach!

Manitoid please if you have time take pics of the process you are going to use to LST I know your LST last year produced monsters...

I will show some through the process pics on one or two, then just do the work on the rest of them...

Such amazing results that really trump alot of the smartpot and expensive and amendment nutrient approach, you've mastered amazing results we could all potentially achieve in our backyards regardless of how much disposable income we have.

It important to keep pounding this one home. and beating the dead horse. $10-15 production cost per pound is achievable! (last year I hit $11.11/lb costs)

There is a cheaper way than 300 gallon smart pots. start digging.

There is a more sustainable way than 25 bags of soil per hole before ammendments. Start sourcing locally!

It's the difference between doing all the extra work to save the money or paying a bunch of money and having a bunch of trash left over.

producing it cheaper makes it cheaper for patients too... so cheap in fact that my 5 patients get their yearly mmj needs for free...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Manitoid

Well.. Now the barn door's open.. ;) How big is the greenhouse itself? I'm trying to get a feel for your space, your surroundings, .. Ultimately, .. Your level of privacy. :)

When I see grows like this, I'm envious of a few things.. Usually of the location/opportunity/available space.. And ALWAYS of the cajones. :D

I think it's great that you're able to pull this off so cost-efficiently that your patients are able to get meds for a YEAR, for free! (Or next to it!) I'm really impressed by your willpower to not feel compelled to use a bunch of gadgety or gimmicky products - you seem to know exactly what the plants need, without using a bunch of fancypants products.

GREAT stuff Manitoid. I only hope that I can have a setup like that one day.. MUCH smaller, but one day. :) For now, the suburbia situation doesn't allow me the privacy/comfort level..

:respect:

Manitoid

Manitoid

Well.. Now the barn door's open.. How big is the greenhouse itself? I'm trying to get a feel for your space, your surroundings, .. Ultimately, .. Your level of privacy.

When I see grows like this, I'm envious of a few things.. Usually of the location/opportunity/available space.. And ALWAYS of the cajones.

I think it's great that you're able to pull this off so cost-efficiently that your patients are able to get meds for a YEAR, for free! (Or next to it!) I'm really impressed by your willpower to not feel compelled to use a bunch of gadgety or gimmicky products - you seem to know exactly what the plants need, without using a bunch of fancypants products.

GREAT stuff Manitoid. I only hope that I can have a setup like that one day.. MUCH smaller, but one day. For now, the suburbia situation doesn't allow me the privacy/comfort level..

Thanks silver.

The greenhouse is 36 X 76 (~2750 sq ft). It is in the fullest sun that full sun can be... from sun up until sunset, sun!
A Big factor of being able to be in the full sun is remoteness. We rate that at this farm by how far away we are to the nearest walmart (good gauge). We are approximately 40 minutes away from the nearest walmart. We are relocating after this year and hope to exceed at least an hour from the nearest walmart.

Privacy could be better. Two 6 foot fans blow the chronic smell eastwardly. Luckily i do not have any neighbors that way, and many many trees to dissipate the odor.

I also have the situation that you "cannot see the house or greenhouse from the road, and you cannot see the road from the house or greenhouse." I also have a locked gate at the street, so "out of sight, out of mind." Whenever you live in the boonies, your neighbors are there for the same reason. To be left alone. So treat them with the same respect.

The greenhouse was on the land, broken, unused and full of trash when i came to the land... a veritable 3000 sq ft water proof trash heap. It is the only part of the "Gardening with ALMOST free supplies" that does not count towards free supplies. I got lucky. Next year when we move the farm, youll get to see how much of a not free supply the greenhouse build is.

And in closing, weed has been grown for thousands of years. I know the quality has improved over the millenia, but the plant doesn know you have 76 products mixed perfectly to pour on.

It does, however, love some horse shit, and water.

Thanks for tuning in!
Manitoid

Manitoid

A bit o' LST

A bit o' LST

Manitoid please if you have time take pics of the process you are going to use to LST :) I know your LST last year produced monsters...

Here we go. First a small untopped plant:
picture.php

Now i look at it and decide what would make the best new bottom. Looking for a side you do not have to remove too much from... And when we find that side, we take off some of the big fan leaves and small branches... so it is flat on one side ala:

picture.php

What i was trying to depict in the picture is that the side near us is devoid of branches...

Then we pull it towards the flat side and stake it down...

picture.php

and again from further away.

picture.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the same principle on a larger plant:

picture.php

notice i picked A branch on the bush and i cleared out what will be the bottom. On a multi branched tree the new bottom will always be the perfect outside. Then you pull all branches away from eachother and stake down

one branch staked down:

picture.php

Now all of them pinned away from eachother. You can even do sub branches, once you pin a large one down, you can spread the sub branches out around them with stakes

all done:

picture.php

Remember what this one looks like now... it will be recovered in a day or so and monsterous in a week. It will be as tall as it was, but three times as wide. These plants are larger than last year when LST, which was at clone size, on day in ground.

These will only be LST once. The idea is that depending on where the roof is 8-12 ft high. So rather that a 5ft wide 13ft tall plant that moulds out from touching greenhouse roof, we will have 10ft wide, 8-11 ft tall plants.

One last one. Bigger than first one, single main branch was staked down, then the undergrowth was spread out and staked down: The top is the branch the left, and the rest was secondary gowth.

picture.php

To anyone who hasnt seen the magic that is LST ninjutsu, stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by

Manitoid

Mrpiston38

LST is/should be part of any growers arsinal. i have had nothing but good things happen when I used this method growing. great job so far. I can't wait to see these ladies blow up.

Mr.P

haxi

Awesome man!
You last year grow was realy realy great, but you will be it this year for sure! :D

I love LST. I've tried multiple techniques, and lst is the best for me!

Peace :rasta:

Manitoid

LST lesson recovery update 48 hrs...

LST lesson recovery update 48 hrs...

Here is 48 hrs after tie downs for my three examples with comparisons...

First the little plant with one tie down:
picture.php

and they love the sun, and turn to worship it:
picture.php

Now the big one, little more dramatic. before at tiedown:
picture.php

Now instead of being two feet wide and 2 feet tall to 4-5 feet wide, and today 6 inches tall. wider before taller here with the greenhouse roof:
picture.php

Last one of the LSTing. top to left, bottom branches around:
picture.php

And now its recovery, same angle, the old top of plant to left...
picture.php

And this next one i didnt tie down... but i did "raise her skirt" and thought id pic that. raising the skirt is taking out the under growth to make it easier to access under the plant. In the end it wont necessarily force plant to be taller, as I'll be opening the plants...

i guess the moral of the story is you have to do some pruning for ease of access and for keeping good circulation... the little itty bitty sticks at bottom arent useful. I look at the plant and keep all the big big branches that will be the big branches 2 months from now... LIKE THIS:
picture.php

Thanks for tuning in...
Manitoid

Latest posts

Latest posts