What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Now that it's legal...

User64

Now that recreational and personal growing is legal in Michigan, where do we get seeds ?

When I was a kid in the 80s the local growers in CA had seeds in gallon jars by the dozen and you could get a handful for free. Seems things have changed a bit over the last 30 years. I have no contacts and the prices/quantities I'm seeing online actually made me gasp.

All that said, where would be a good place to get seeds from at this point ? Commercial stores won't be up and running until at least 2020 and walking into a dispensary is a no go.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not legal. It's regulated. Legal means there exists no platform of any kind through which people can be arrested. You didn't vote for legalization. You voted for a different variety of government control. It's called regulation and taxation.

Most of the good seeds are a couple hundred dollars. Small price to pay, honestly.

Top Dawg
Always Be Flowering
People Under the Stairs
Karma Genetics
CSI: Humboldt
CannaVenture
Med Tree Seeds (for CBD)

These are about the only big seed houses I'll support these days. There are a LOT of small private breeders to be found by simply participating in these forums. If your nice, who knows, maybe you'll find a group of people willing to share.

dank.Frank

User64

Fair enough. Not much isn't regulated by government any more. Never have understood why MI always comes out blue when so many counties vote red. Definitely not the country our founders intended.

I'm not really looking to start a full on grow, just one or two to Bonsai. Can't partake at work until they clear it via company policy or I retire, whichever comes first. Was looking for something blue or purple. I'll keep looking and learning like always.

radioman

I live in Vermont & I just completed an order with HGS seeds - Maybe You should give them a try. They are located in Ontario, Canada - not far from Michigan... HGS has a good selection of strains at affordable prices & includes FREE SEEDS with every order. They also have FREE SHIPPING...

Once you decide on a vendor, I suggest buying regular seeds (non feminized) select a male and a female plant and separate from the others and let them make seeds. Seeded bud for the win. At some point try to develop prorogation skills (cloning). You are at the right place to learn the process, good luck.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I second the Great lakes genetics idea.
They are right in Michigan too.
Great choices, good deals, and the worlds best freebies.
I also suggest buying regular seeds. (non feminized)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
google glg, seed vault or contact breederz direct.

Wearing a Seed Vault of California shirt as I type this.

To the OP, you can also hop around Instagram for PLENTY of domestic seed outfits that carry a wide variety of breeders. No need to order from Amsterdam anymore. Like Dank Frank mentioned too, if you put the time in and are helpful/friendly around the boards then people might want to trade beans with you and what not. :yes:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Good luck on your grow. Let the breeder know if you are planning an inside or outside grow. Makes a big difference on genetics selections.
Peace. MedDakotabis