What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yeah Neptune hows ah' going, the name is buttcrack. Just alittle qusetion, i got a 4x8 hydro hut with 2 aircooled 1000w's with a 4x8growtech flood table with a 115gallon res i was just wondering how many HK's could be grown in this setup with 8l pots drip system your suggestions would be helpful as i can see you do very well with this strain. i'm trying to hit 2 1/2 to 3lbs

Thank you

T

terran2

The beauty of topping the HS , imo ..... is the branching is soquick to recover & gives up to 5 nice colas filling canopy in wonderfully & almost as buffed as the original single cola .

These i would be sending into flower now @ 18 fair sized finished mamas per 4x8' table 9 per light . Could go more sog with 32 as well just flowered with 3-5day veg getting by with 2gal net pots on E&F....that would also be a nice canopy .

Like keeping them very stout under 1kws for veg , these babies qualify as "Guiness Class Stout" and what i like to see before going into flower . ;o)

Still playing with both r/w & coco , these are about 10-12 days i think and have seen the HS be absolutely nute tolerant hitting as high as 1200-1400ppms before cooling them off ...this strain sure can take it . But after a heavy feeding in their adolescence i back off later and go with more moderation with some foliar .

These are: " good to go" into 12/12
( as in the movie "Contact" ...still miss karl sagan )

hindukushxskunk1117medirm8.jpg

or coco

hindukushxskunk1118mediid8.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

Well the SR71 Bubblegum seems very legit the couple i have stacking up pretty nicely and smelling like ...uh ....BubbleGum !!
lol

2 Bubblegum colas center & left ...HK right cola on the right :

hindukushxskunk1129mediab1.jpg

Last edited:
N

Neptune

I am eager to try the bubblegum as well, I have never grown one!

yayarea

I see nobody is really talking about the Odessy or the PK anymore, are they not that good or just dont compare to the HKs ? I have all three and would like to know if Im wasting my time with the PK and Od ?

E

easyrasta

depends on what you call a waste of time.
it does take a while in veg. but grows some dankedity dank.
Whats your time worth?

ReeferDan

So 6-7 weeks on the Shivas?

Do you guys count from 12/12 or first pistils?

I flipped my candy shivas like a week and a half ago and they havent even doubled in size yet... i wonder how much more they will grow. I did transplant them into a 1gal container the same night so maybe they dont have enough roots yet...They are growign just about the same as the ones taht i have in the veg box on 20/4 lighting. Im going to throw those into flower when they are taller (14-15") and hit them with some bushmasters to compare yields and stretch.

Edit*
So here are some pics... I transplanted 4 of the Candy Shiva's into 1 gallon containers and flipped em to 12/12 the same night... they were flipped at about 5" tall average. Here they are at about 8" average and showing flowers like 10-11 days later.

I just threw in 2 plants from the veg box tonight on the back side... they are also 8 inches and have been growing the same amount of time. If the plants stay this size, im gonna have to raise em up to be next to the lights! Im going to see how much these next two stretch naturally from 8" tall, and if they get out of control, i'll hit them with bushmasters or something...
I still have 2 more to put into flower, but im going to veg them to 15" or so and then water with bushmasters and put them in the box. Im keeping a growlog and all dates detailed, i just dont have it with me right now to put in specifics!

Doesnt look like this one will grow much more eh? Should just start budding from there?

4 close ones were switched on the 22nd/23rd. THe ones in the back i just put in today. Im not going to raise them up like i did the others, to see if it'll make em stretch more...

Maybe the ones on the close side, the ones that i transplanted and flipped straight to 12/12 got transplant shock and couldnt really grow for a few days, thats why they didnt stretch much?

Last edited:
T

terran2

yayarea said:
I see nobody is really talking about the Odessy or the PK anymore, are they not that good or just dont compare to the HKs ? I have all three and would like to know if Im wasting my time with the PK and Od ?

PK is just so dang slow both in veg and later as it rocks up , but makes some really nice meds with nice floral undertones that are dank & rock hard, well worth the wait ...but needs a good long veg to develope well into a modest yield later . A slow rooter which is not that easy to mother out and get many clones from plus must only grown separately or with anything else with that slow a kush-growth rate.

The Ody is just not my cup of tea because every one i've grown out does a pretty humongus stretch (long internodes) & doesn't want to be grown side by side with HK for instance (different nute likes) but makes fairly respectable meds i guess , & yield . Lot of people do focus on the Ody indoors that have dialed it in and get fairly large yields from it but with that stretch needs lots of training which the extra work i can live without.

* will have a pic of a lone Ody that was grown on table of Hk's that is just finishing that will show that huge stretch . Needs much more set-up for training and more difficult a temperment , yielding no more than the HK which is also faster too ,imo....But Ody is a descent plant & would definitely try a couple outdoors well trained and topped & cropped with lots of root space .

Though many say that Ody is faster i found not to be the case...

Last edited:
T

terran2

ReeferDan said:
So 6-7 weeks on the Shivas?

I flipped my sugar shivas like a week and a half ago and they havent even doubled in size yet... i wonder how much more they will grow.

Maybe the ones on the close side, the ones that i transplanted and flipped straight to 12/12 got transplant shock and couldnt really grow for a few days, thats why they didnt stretch much?

Ya know , didn't find the Sugah Shiva stretch as much as neptune did his , only about 2x's or so ....topped mine and gave them a good 2 1/2wk veg then into a 5gal bucket and went on a table with Hk's . Will have a pic of this one along with that Ody tomorrow as they all have to get the chop with slight mold setting in on the HK's they were grown with so chop chop it is tomorrow am first thing !

But wait till you see this one Sugar Shiva and the many colas it produced after topping & given alot of root space , hehe....has nice mild aroma sort of sweet and looks to be a respectable average~plus med . Was an easy grower that was more nute shy than the HK but didn't develope any bud mold like them (a plus) .... a little difficult to clone & an ok mother . Not a bad plant for a beginner or expert alike but not "elite" by any means ...probably be one that could do well outside or in a green house being very sturdy plant which is the halmark of SR strain selection .

* Didn't like the Big Shiva much ( an insult to the God Shiva imo!!) , though there was the "M39" cut from many years back that had similar genetics of NL5 X Sknk1 that was supposed to be both a commercial grower's and smoker's dream .
(see sept issue of High Times )

Last edited:

ReeferDan

sorry, i just edited my post, My cuts are "candy shiva" not sugar shiva. Could make a difference, but im under the impression they are the same thing.

Either way, thanks for the info terran, im looking forward to the pics of the finished product!

T

terran2

Here's an Odyssey (going on a stretch~odyssey , lol) next to a nicely stacked topped Sugar Shiva that were grown on a table with the HK's above .

The Ody didn't like the same nute regime as i run a little high @ 1.6-2.2ec which doesn't phase the HK (with flushes back to 1.6ec) but was also a little high foir the Sugar Shiva too. Imagine that dialed in these Ody spears could really fill in big for nice yield or topped and cropped too .

* Don't think there's any dif' betwixt the Candy or the SS and it is quite a brick house stout profile that tops and stacks up nicely as ya can see . Though smells alright , not quite the sticky finger resin producer had hoped for but that could have been on me and my nute approach ...
ya never know ;o)

hindukushxskunk1152mediic7.jpg

Sugar Shiva with medium density buds nice colas as u can see ...dries with very prickly pair red hair finished buds
and pretty stoney and faint smell of honey ...but no GDP NYCD or PK .
Finishes about 6wks after 12/12 & almost as fast as the HK or Ody .

hindukushxskunk1156ac5.jpg

Last edited:

mandala

PK is dank! The smell is great, its exactly what I would imagine purple bud to smell like. Had these in 5 gal dwc buckets. I did not find veg speed to be too slow. HUGE fan leaves. They exploded when flipped to 12/12. Yeild was decent.

Last edited:
G

I'm a little surprised by this question but actually hear it often. Flowering indoors starts when you flip to 12/12...period.

E

easyrasta

says you
i also count from 12/12
but i know some competent grower/breeders
that dont count till pistills show about 2 weeks later
so no period

lighterfuel

I have been talking with some folks that have been striking out in getting cuts from SR71 due to being SOLD OUT. Is it better to spend the night in Oakland or Berkely then hit the store when it opens? Is there a better day to go than another? Do they still offer Mother Plants?

RottenDawg

lighterfuel said:
I have been talking with some folks that have been striking out in getting cuts from SR71 due to being SOLD OUT. Is it better to spend the night in Oakland or Berkely then hit the store when it opens? Is there a better day to go than another? Do they still offer Mother Plants?

Oh Yah, I stayed in Oakland last week. Got up early to get my # (5). Than came back an hour and a half later and picked up a half dozen SR-71 Purple Kush. Made a couple friends Very stoked and I'm stoked myself. Good luck, hope all my efforts are worth it. These girls are look'n good on this thread...........RD

ReeferDan

Candy Shiva... Day 16 of 12/12 They streched out more, i think this is as tall as they will get. How much do you think they will fill in?

My favorite of all of them!

Again...

Here is a close up of the top... looking good to me at day 16, they get watered in two days.

They look a lot taller than the last pic of them in the box!

I'll probably update again in a few weeks when they actually start filling out, im just excited to have my 2nd grow under way !!! :jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts