Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Guawi

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Post Reply
Guawi Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 07:35 PM #1
De La Luz
Banned

De La Luz's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 259
De La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura about
Guawi

Hola Dubi,
I'm looking forward to starting some the Guawi seeds I have from ACE that i received earlier this year.

"Guatamala Sativa (Father of Tikal) X Malawi clone mom
13 weeks finish, very high yield"

I'll keep you posted with photos etc as they develope. I'm gonna start with 10 pack of seeds this time around.

This strain sounds fantastic!!

Gracias amigo,
De La Luz is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 PM #2
dubi
Vendor

dubi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,869
dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Luz
Hola Dubi,
I'm looking forward to starting some the Guawi seeds I have from ACE that i received earlier this year.

"Guatamala Sativa (Father of Tikal) X Malawi clone mom
13 weeks finish, very high yield"

I'll keep you posted with photos etc as they develope. I'm gonna start with 10 pack of seeds this time around.

This strain sounds fantastic!!

Gracias amigo,
High De La Luz,

It's great to see you around! I hope everything is fine there!

Im glad to hear you are about to start Guawi seeds. We did some winter tests with her, Guawi from this outdoor season are at 3rd week of flowering right now.

It's a very vigorous and uniform sativa F1 hybrid with excellent branching and strong structure.

She starts to flower outdoors at the end of August, finishing outdoors late October/early November. Very good mold resistance. Flowers are dense and resinous like malawi mother with guatemala strawberry bouquet.

Please, let us know how they grow for you! Best wishes. dubi
dubi is offline Quote


Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 PM #3
De La Luz
Banned

De La Luz's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 259
De La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura aboutDe La Luz has a spectacular aura about
Hola folks,
Due to tight space restrictions I have only popped 5 Guawi seeds. (These are suppose to be very large plants so I went with just 5 to see how much space they will need indoors.)

all 5 germinated within 48 hrs.

Seedlings look healthy and the journey has begun...

I'll update with images once they develop a bit more.

Peace,
De La Luz is offline Quote


Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 PM #4
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: the hashtral plane
Posts: 4,448
Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
Sounds like a killer cross, look forward to watching them produce for you, De La Luz! Best wishes for a trouble-free grow.
__________________
I'm tossing pollen like breadcrumbs


Brotherhood of Eternal Love


R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king
Highlighter is offline Quote


Old 10-13-2007, 07:04 AM #5
SativaScience
Member

SativaScience's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 80
SativaScience is on a distinguished road
SativaScience is offline Quote


Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 AM #6
pescador
Member

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
pescador will become famous soon enough
Hola Dubi,

What would you guess to be the presence of THCV in the Malawi line you have been working with? I know malawi's have been rumored to have lots of THCV, and from the one hybrid I grew I got very beautiful psychedelic visual pattern recognitions when the buds where eaten (namely looking at trees and plants..hard to describe, but very beautiful). The preparation was with coconut butter and a bit of hemp oil under low heat to avoid oxidation/degradation, and Co-Q10 was added as a preservative (if that matters).

After periods of frequent consumption of the oil, the visual effect lasts a long time, even weeks after...in a mild way. For me, this was very unique. My girlfriend experienced the same. I must say though that the plants were harvested very early due to severe PH problems (tap water changed from PH 6.8-7 to 8 in a few weeks during my absence), so that may have contributed to it.

The visual effect when smoked was harder to get, though the high was more powerful, trippy/paranoid but also a bit dirtier if that makes sense. The visual effect was the strongest when smoking and eating were combined

Perhaps this is the "cartoon vision" people talk about with THCV.

I am sure you have tried the Thai used in the Destroyer by Cannabiogen that you mentioned has lots of THCV, so perhaps you can compare the effects?

Thanks for all your great working! Looking forward to growing your Panama and more bangi haze F6 in the near future...and hopefully more! The benefits of ACE's work on cannabis will be felt for generations to come!
pescador is offline Quote


Old 10-21-2007, 12:11 PM #7
dubi
Vendor

dubi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,869
dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescador
Hola Dubi,

What would you guess to be the presence of THCV in the Malawi line you have been working with? I know malawi's have been rumored to have lots of THCV, and from the one hybrid I grew I got very beautiful psychedelic visual pattern recognitions when the buds where eaten (namely looking at trees and plants..hard to describe, but very beautiful). The preparation was with coconut butter and a bit of hemp oil under low heat to avoid oxidation/degradation, and Co-Q10 was added as a preservative (if that matters).

After periods of frequent consumption of the oil, the visual effect lasts a long time, even weeks after...in a mild way. For me, this was very unique. My girlfriend experienced the same. I must say though that the plants were harvested very early due to severe PH problems (tap water changed from PH 6.8-7 to 8 in a few weeks during my absence), so that may have contributed to it.

The visual effect when smoked was harder to get, though the high was more powerful, trippy/paranoid but also a bit dirtier if that makes sense. The visual effect was the strongest when smoking and eating were combined

Perhaps this is the "cartoon vision" people talk about with THCV.

I am sure you have tried the Thai used in the Destroyer by Cannabiogen that you mentioned has lots of THCV, so perhaps you can compare the effects?

Thanks for all your great working! Looking forward to growing your Panama and more bangi haze F6 in the near future...and hopefully more! The benefits of ACE's work on cannabis will be felt for generations to come!
Hola pescador,

we havent done gas chromatograph analyses with our strains or parental plants to determine cannabinoid quantities. Past Spannabis Fair, Cannalyse team (they analyse cannabinoid quantity by light reflection) analysed many of our strains: purple haze, angola, malawi ....

Malawi mother was the strongest weed sample analysed in the whole fair by them. And the 3rd strongest overall sample, only behind 2 very concentrated hash samples. Malawi mother has tons of different cannabionoids (THC, CBD and also THCV), it's a true cannabinoid bomb.
dubi is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 AM #8
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: the hashtral plane
Posts: 4,448
Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
Can we look forward to a Guawi seed release? ( or something else w/ that Malawi clone?)
__________________
I'm tossing pollen like breadcrumbs


Brotherhood of Eternal Love


R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king
Highlighter is offline Quote


Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM #9
dubi
Vendor

dubi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,869
dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Good day Highlighter,

We hope to re stock Guawi around mid 08. We are also working with our pure malawi line from seed to reproduce her and with new malawi x sativa hybrids for next season, will keep you updated when work is finished! :wink:

pescador, forgot to comment about differences between meao thai and malawi mother. Meao thai is a long flowering bushy plant, producing very resinous flowers. Effect is real euphoric and uplifting although can paralize some people with low tolerance.

Malawi mother is even stronger, she grows with thin stems and lanky structure but flowers are equally resinous to meao thai and more tight. flowering time is around 12-14 weeks, about 1 month earlier than meao thai.
Effect is super strong and dense psychedelic, then narcotic and long lasting.
dubi is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM #10
ganjabrother
Member

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 64
ganjabrother is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi

Malawi mother is even stronger, she grows with thin stems and lanky structure but flowers are equally resinous to meao thai and more tight. flowering time is around 12-14 weeks, about 1 month earlier than meao thai.
Effect is super strong and dense psychedelic, then narcotic and long
lasting.
Hey Dubi,

You say in another thread that this Malawi clone mom you have came from different Malawi lines, so am I right in assuming that it is not the famous "Malawi Gold," but rather some other awesome genetics from Malawi?
Btw, you mention that the high turns narcotic (obviously in no means comparable to a dutch indica). From what I've learned until know, I thought african strains were all sativas that stimulated the brain, like the Malawi Gold for example, even if not highly energetic like certain south african varietes are supposed to be, is this just a misconception? Would the high of this Guawi be different to that of the Malawi Gold??
my knowledge of sativas isn't top notch, I have still to learn and experience.


Ganjabro

Last edited by ganjabrother; 04-08-2008 at 02:10 PM..
ganjabrother is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:15 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.