What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Macro photography 101

M0nkey

bigbuddhaseeds said:
monkey and bman,nice shots there , personally think that all your shots are the highest grade on all these forums, big respect, these pics could make any cover in the world and best of all its all uk!
peace bros, bb
thanks bro..

pico

Veteran
4 words........Focus Stacking :)

Ok, now I gotta run. Jason King is going to hunt me down and kill me. Pretty sure this is his 'secret' technic.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
banana, great shots! i love coloured trichs :woohoo: unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure to find such a specimen till now...

another old pic of mine (can't take new ones atm because my computer is broken..)

21805MG_5965-med.jpg

greetings :wave:

M0nkey

here is a focus stacked shot..i took 10 shots at fstop 2.5 at 10 different focus rages..i then stacked them together to become 1 perfect pic..im going to focus stack my macro shots but i need this thing for my tripod..im going to order one tomorrow..so for now heres my 1st stack..il post the link to the free software i use..easier to use then ps.stacking the pic is the clearest shot it can be with no unsharpen mask needed

26351stack-finished-med.jpg

Last edited:
G

M0nkey said:
here is a focus stacked shot..i took 10 shots at fstop 2.5 at 10 different focus rages..i then stacked them together to become 1 perfect pic..im going to focus stack my macro shots but i need this thing for my tripod..im going to order one tomorrow..so for now heres my 1st stack..il post the link to the free software i use..easier to use then ps.stacking the pic is the clearest shot it can be with no unsharpen mask needed

:respect: very nice! wanted to do this for a while but didn't fint a proper tutorial and freeware... looking forward to try it soon :woohoo:

greetz

G

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to M0nkey again."

thx for the links bro :smile:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
MOnkey thanks again for your post..I read through the stacking technic, very interesting, Dr. Duck.

pico

Veteran
M0nkey said:

Very nice. I use a program called combineZM for focus stacking. free and works well. You using the same one?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed your second post.

Last edited:

Klepto

M0nkey said:

Wow, that is beautiful-- props for going to great lengths for the shot there!