What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it normal for the flowers of a clone to grow more frost?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Environment or feeding have nothing to do with difference between seed run and clone run I've experienced . The result from different clone runs are more similar than the seed run,I don't know what is the making the bud different from seed to clone but I've noticed this variation with all strain I've cloned. The bud shape and resin content tend to be better with the clone runs, plant age might be a reason but it also happen with mature seed run. I think many growers have noticed subtle variation between seed run and clone run.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
You're right there's more obvious differences in the phenotypical expression between a seed vs clone than clone vs clone run.

In the first case when grown from seed, plants show a different structure with parallel nodes althought from clone they are already alternate. The seed run won't express alternate nodes unless you grow them out big enough to show sexual maturity. Plus forcing unsexed plants from seeds to flower cause a bigger amount of stress so it cause less resin, fluffy nugs etc.

In the second case with clones it's only environmental parameters and nutrition (alongside eventual stresses caused by grower errors) that cause a variation of phenotypes.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
You're right there's more obvious differences in the phenotypical expression between a seed vs clone than clone vs clone run.

In the first case when grown from seed, plants show a different structure with parallel nodes althought from clone they are already alternate. The seed run won't express alternate nodes unless you grow them out big enough to show sexual maturity. Plus forcing unsexed plants from seeds to flower cause a bigger amount of stress so it cause less resin, fluffy nugs etc.

In the second case with clones it's only environmental parameters and nutrition (alongside eventual stresses caused by grower errors) that cause a variation of phenotypes.

I think you're right on the money in the second paragraph of your post. It's exactly what happened with my last plants. As I flowered with them before they were mature mostly due to space height or their lack of. They grew big but not super Frosty and and pretty airy.

Ps: thanks for all the information and opinions canna fam.