What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest either today or tomorrow - last minute help.

DTOM420

I usually selectively harvest; cutting the branches that are mature to the stage I want (I use trichome examination to determine readiness) and I’ll leave other buds, that are not as far along, and harvest them as they reach maturity. That guide posted above is pretty good but, since I grow in soil and only use very limited liquid fertilizers, I do t worry about “flushing.” There’s a fair amount of debate whether it’s necessary or not. It sure won’t hurt but I’m pointing it out in case you didn’t know to flush. Don’t let that worry you.

Good luck!

CrushnYuba

Depending on your plant size and light source, etc, outside buds may finish before inside. Only you will know your plant. Usually my plants do not ripen evenly.
But i think you meant something different. If your plants are all evenly ripe, and they aren't to big, you can cut the entire plant and hang it. It will dry slower.

green-genes77

Veteran
There are many ways to do this but I like to cut off two to three foot sections at a time. I have two drying lines, one about a foot from the ceiling and the other about five feet from the ceiling. I bottom well enough so that the remaining portion is a mostly bare branch juncture to the main stalk, but if there are small buds here I dry them on a horizontal rack or screen. Smaller, lower branches generally get broken down for the screen as well but if I have room I will hang them too. Don't be afraid to harvest in stages if you have the weather and patience.

growandroll

It really does not matter how you cut it. Whatever works better for you will be fine.

You can just hang the entire plant in you have space for it, or cut the branches smaller if you have less space.

Regards.

Kree73

I too have dabbled in taking off selected parts , My current project is to leave them all alone as long as possible . I am thinking of this harvest just hanging the whole plant …. Minus the root ball and fan leaves out to dry and the picking its bone before jarring up .

I am sending you a pic of the hermaphrodite ( no signs of fully turned sex glands …. Yet ) . As it's predecessors have all seeded From one degree to another , I feel stressing it with even just 12 days left . Could swing it and I would rather not risk that with what will be my Biggest estimate yield Thus far ( The one I killed about 10 days ago is dry now and in a jar . Looks well pretty under the magnifier …. So shinny.

Kree73

I dont know how I should cut the branches up etc.

Should I just cut everything to its own individual stem. im confused..

Try going from the bottom to the top ( Still potted still under the light if possible but not important as you can cut them down anywhere ) , cutting any leaves with visible branches try to get the whole branch in order to dry quicker ( unless it will help to hang by leaving a short length to create a hook ) . Avoidng cutting to close to the bud and all those lovely hairs . If it is possible to get some of the bigger leaves in between the budding without nicking into the bud the do so . Otherwise just carefully snip as close as you dare go . trimming the leaves closer to the bud . Then when all leafage is gone Except for !! the ones closest to the bud as these have plenty of goodness . Look at you plant and look for natrually shaped coat hangers which can be split creating hooks to hang across some wher on some type of string line . Eventually the plant will be broken down into small hangable sections , Find somewhere warm with an air flow to hang them and wait until the branches make a snapping sound .