What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Consumption Help

Hi all, a few questions for the experts in regards to consumption. I used cannabis as a teenager, but dropped off as I got into my early 20’s as I developed a problem with alcohol, and for me the two never mixed well. MJ just slowed down and got in the way of my drinking. Either way, I’ve given up the booze for the last year and a half with only light MJ usage. Life without alcohol is so much easier, so much self induced misery from that awful poison. These days I mostly vape and small amounts of flower occasionally in the evenings. I’m in the process of completing my first grow and looks like I’m going to have a decent amount of gorgeous flower as a result. The reason I like to vape is because of the discretion. It doesn’t stink up the house, and it doesn’t create a “big scene”. For example, when I smoke flower, I’m grinding, burning, etc… Edibles have been interesting - I’ve only tried them about 5 times. 1 of them was okay, 2 of them I fell asleep and slept like a rock, and 2 of them I felt like I had left Earth’s atmosphere and was headed straight out of the solar system. I lost my ability to speak and for about an hour wondered if I’d ever be able to speak again. Let’s just say it wasn’t my favorite. What options do I have for producing my own “vapable” product at home? How are the dry herb vaporizers? Any good ones that I should be looking at? Is it possible to make extracts at home without being a full blown chemist and operating dangerous equipment and chemicals? (Which I’m not interested in). I’ve read about tinctures, but I’m concerned about the alcohol, I do not allow myself to ingest even a drop of alcohol. I’m looking for something portable that I can take with me and that doesn’t need to be plugged in to use (battery is fine). Basically, at the end of the day, I’m super stoked to have produced my own medicine and want to explore the options that I have for consumption in the year 2018. A lot has changed in 20 years Thanks in advance

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I can no longer smoke or use a dried herb vaporizer :( I make some oil but most is simply decarboxilated and turned into size "0" canna caps.

shithawk420

Veteran
Congrats on kicking the booze.its harder than people think.you probably wanna look into the Genie vape I think it's called.probably the best vape for dried flowers

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats on kicking the alcohol.

If you do a search for “rosin” you should find some very interesting, to you, threads about solvent free extraction.
As far as consumption of the end products goes, you can use a vape pen or mod box. In case you don’t know what those are, check out all the kids blowing vapor clouds around town. Those lil machines can be used in the same manner for cannabis extracts.

Congrats on kicking the alcohol.

If you do a search for “rosin” you should find some very interesting, to you, threads about solvent free extraction.
As far as consumption of the end products goes, you can use a vape pen or mod box. In case you don’t know what those are, check out all the kids blowing vapor clouds around town. Those lil machines can be used in the same manner for cannabis extracts.

Thanks very much! This may be what I'm looking for!

G

Gr33nSanta

Rosin can be vaped, like a liquid? What is the liquid called that is sold in dispensaries? Is that BTO? Rosin requires a press, etc, correct?

https://www.lowtemp-plates.com/ with a shop press.

takes practice.

You could spend about $400 at your local smoke shop to buy the proper pipe ''dab rig'' , quartz banger, dabber ...

The cleanest way to smoke! if you hit at low temps, letting your quartz banger cool down for a long time you are essentially vaporizing cannabinoids and terps.

Mengsk

It's funny to see the industry nowadays but if you wanna splurge or have money coming out of your ears the creme de la creme would be like ice water bubble hash where they then take the trichomes mixture and press it with a little heat to squeeze out the "rosin."

So like 10,000 hours of labor or something (man or machine) to get 1g, 1kg of rosin. Good stuff

G

Gr33nSanta

I really love flower rosin for the flavor, but when it comes to effects, and smoothness, I prefer water hash rosin, anything between 70 to 160 microns. YUMM

Latest posts

Latest posts