Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > What is this White Gunk clogging up my pipes and how do I get rid of it?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What is this White Gunk clogging up my pipes and how do I get rid of it? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 10:03 AM #1
ChenBenTz

ChenBenTz will become famous soon enoughChenBenTz will become famous soon enough
What is this White Gunk clogging up my pipes and how do I get rid of it?

So, for the third time this month, I've had to replace my entire system because this white gunk has clogged up all my pipes.

What is it and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.
ChenBenTz is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 02:03 PM #2
Mr Blah

Mr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the rough
My guess is the salt build up from nutes. But also could be calcium build up from water.
Is it well water?
Mr Blah is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:35 PM #3
ChenBenTz

ChenBenTz will become famous soon enoughChenBenTz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blah View Post
My guess is the salt build up from nutes. But also could be calcium build up from water.
Is it well water?
It's just regular tap water. Are you saying you can't use tap water with hydro plants?

Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 PM #4
HqFarms

HqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChenBenTz View Post
It's just regular tap water. Are you saying you can't use tap water with hydro plants?
No he is not saying that. He is just asking is it well water or city water. You can use what ever you want, it's just you have to take different precautions when using one vs the other. That is just salt build up. Get drip clean and run that in your res
HqFarms is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 02:54 PM #5
yortbogey
To Have More ... Desire Less

yortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivor
yortbogey has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
yep hard water mineral deposits'...

i got a river for a soul...

Darlin' I'm a nightmare...
Dressed like a daydream~~~
yortbogey is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 02:59 PM #6
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of lightBush Dr is a glorious beacon of light
Calcium from your tap water

I have to dismantle my drip lines and soak then flush through with citric acid after every run

You'll find it causes a deposit to form on the delivery line that can easily block a 1/4" drip line

Pain but beats having a blocked dripper

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah

Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 03:22 PM #7
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
There is a product called drip clean... I believe it is what you need, it also helps with overfertilisation issues, people use it on no waste coco systems (as opposed to the normal drain to waste)

Old 03-16-2017, 03:40 PM #8
ChenBenTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HqFarms View Post
No he is not saying that. He is just asking is it well water or city water. You can use what ever you want, it's just you have to take different precautions when using one vs the other. That is just salt build up. Get drip clean and run that in your res
So, no one uses tap water without having to use this one product?

Doesn't make sense. I've seen plenty of people running the exact same setup I have and I've never heard this thing mentioned.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:59 PM #9
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really nice
If you can't go through a single run without minerals clogging your lines, you are going have to either run cleaner water or run a product that will prevent the build up. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM #10
OldPhart

OldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of light
I don't see the point in fighting water quality. A 100 gal/day RO system cost about $100, hook it to a float valve in a large plastic tote, and poof, you have a big tub of clean water and never have to worry about water quality again... just change the pre filters a couple times a year, and the membrane about every 2 years. fyi, I wouldn't bother with the 7 stage or 9 stage .. or what ever they are trying to sell. I have always used the 4 stage, three pre-filters to remove the junk and chlorine, then the membrane. Just one less thing to deal with, having good water!

OP
OldPhart is offline Quote