Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > how to back up my work??

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
how to back up my work?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2017, 04:25 AM #1
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
how to back up my work??

hello fellow genetic enthusiast . just was courious if any has any tips on selfing just wanted others experience ? just wanted to know if that would be a good way to Somewhat back up my select females that took a lot of popping to find and dont want to lose my work that i have been at a long time by myself. and want to make a back up. for future use.
Oneeyewille is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 04:30 AM #2
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud of
I would take/send the cuttings to Kevin Jodrey's nursery and also have them placed into invitro storage. Making seeds is a last resort you want the cuts

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM #3
Fuel

Fuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of light
Selfing a cut is more a one-shot-lock that a long term strategy. It depend on your own goal ...
Fuel is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 01:29 PM #4
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Give some cuts to a few friends, if they are exceptional.
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 01:48 PM #5
yortbogey
To Have More ... Desire Less

yortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivor
yortbogey has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
learn tissue culturing ....

i got a river for a soul...

Darlin' I'm a nightmare...
Dressed like a daydream~~~
yortbogey is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 04:18 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Selfing is an option but you wont find an exact match ever because half the allels that were in the pool disappear. Both good & bad are gone from the pool forever once selfed. (Of course, this is plant to plant to plant, ie individuals)

F2s should also be an option as well as back crossing.

Do a little research about the various methods & you'll likely develop more questions.

What a fun hobby.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:47 AM #7
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Take a minute and grow as many cuts as will fit a small veg box,
keep that mum box in another site if possible or at least in an area
that shares no air space with the rest of the grow.

Balance the effort in keeping those genetics with the idea of
losing them forever.

Prioritize.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:56 AM #8
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
thanks for the replys guys. there's one from cannaventure GSC mix pack originally 15 but took best 5 males and had a big pollen fest with a Og smelling female and made alot of beans and found this ogish female that is really good in many areas . and very very vigorous its like she is programed to put off 1ft clones and regenerates fast , shows heavy trichs at 3wks flwr but a 9 to 10 wker have a few others that have had many moons and dont wanna lose like a Black domina x lavender by Samsara and a ulimate purple x strawberry blue . lost the parrents to the upxsb just might try to fem the three just as a means as a physical book mark for the work and still keep around cuts though. maybe oneday ill move to a better area and share the wealth lol
Oneeyewille is offline Quote