Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > The Library > Love is.........Terence McKenna

Thread Title Search
Love is.........Terence McKenna Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2015, 06:25 PM #11
_tessarecting

_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future
"The world is made of words
and if you know the words
that the world is made of
you can make of it whatever you wish."
_tessarecting is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:33 AM #12
m314
IC Mag Supporter

m314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveguide View Post
mckenna isn't gonig to hip you up to anything you can't discover yourself by engaging in conscionable and constructive processes.. maybe the man hisself is pure love... but that's why they have "porch" or "blue lodge" masons... someone who feels good because they are good.. but only to use as an interface.
Terence McKenna was a brilliant man with a lot of original ideas. He was the first person I heard speaking intelligently and passionately about the benefits of psychedelics. I'm glad that I at least had the chance to hear him speak live on the radio when he was still around. There will never be another human being like him.
m314 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:46 AM #13
Perpetual Nooch
Severed Member

Perpetual Nooch is a jewel in the roughPerpetual Nooch is a jewel in the roughPerpetual Nooch is a jewel in the roughPerpetual Nooch is a jewel in the roughPerpetual Nooch is a jewel in the roughPerpetual Nooch is a jewel in the rough
A friend with weed is a friend indeed.
Perpetual Nooch is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 AM #14
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

Jahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to behold
He is the only person that I know of who made it a life mission to 'talk about it'.
Whatever the 'it' may be ......unseen levels of conscienceless , telepathic communication,
Extraterrestrials or whatever trip he was on at the time.
Honesty in this messed up world we live in is rare and should be respected with the highest regard.

Keeping it real will help us earthlings to evolve.

It doesn't sop at apposeable thumbs people.
We are all on the road to find out.
You just have to stay silent long enough to hear the messages that your gut gives you EVERY DAY.
:
Jahnice is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2015, 10:53 AM #15
m314
IC Mag Supporter

m314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnice View Post
He is the only person that I know of who made it a life mission to 'talk about it'.
Other people made that their life mission, like Tim Leary. Terence was the leading voice of the psychedelic movement in the 90s when I was first getting into psychedelics. He opened my mind to a lot of things I had never thought about before then.

His brother Dennis is in the documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule. On Netflix. He sounds almost like Terence when he's talking about DMT.
m314 is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2015, 07:24 PM #16
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

Jahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to behold
'naughty librarian' is ashamed to admit that i have never read any Timothy Leary
better get on that if i want any street cred around here...

Do not give way.......to astonishment

'so you take,
let us assume,
a 3rd toke,
long.......and slow.
you vapourize,
and you take it in,
and in,
and in,
and there is a sound,
ah, like the crumpling of a plastic bread wrapper,
or the crackling,
or the crackling,
and a tone,
a tone................'

'it sounds so crazy,
is it dangerous?
the answer is,
only if you fear
death by
astonishment.
remember how you laughed
when this possibility was raised,
and a moment will come
that will wipe the smile
from your face.'

'we are all on the cutting edge
and nobody is ahead of anybody else.
clearly we need to transform our language
because our culture is created by our language
and our culture is toxic,
murderous,
and on a downhill bummer.'
Jahnice is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2015, 05:10 AM #17
FatherEarth

FatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to all
Hate em or love em the man was a def the person responsible for the dialect most often used in circles talking of psychedelics. I have an entire library of McKenna and know his journeys to be very similar to my own. I can agree with his notions on most things but others are debatable. My thoughts, ...what's not to love? I'm grateful.
FatherEarth is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2015, 03:41 PM #18
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

i dont hate him or love him but i do have respect for the fact that he was not scared to talk about things that for some reason seem to be tabu subjects.
he didn't seem to care what people thought of his mental adventures and that is pretty rare even today-more than a decade after his death.
Jahnice is offline Quote