What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you Chasing CBD??

I wonder what is going on with the “CBD Free for All” guy?
…I hope everything is alright…I filled out their contact form and request form twice over the past month, thinking maybe I had made a mistake filling them out the first time…Still no reply. :dunno:

Pretty sure I have Bill's phone number if you want to call him Natty. But as stated - I filled out the form a month ago as well and had a lengthy discussion, but no love.
Such a process is futile it seems (outside of being kinda weird and annoying :))...hence, why I acquired cuts elsewhere. This should be easier...

Gert Lush

Veteran
Interesting read!

I had a plant a while back, a cross of two fairly wild sativas (i.e. no commercial inbreeding for strength) which had quite a remarkable effect:
If you were physically exhausted, like after a day's very hard work, and you took a couple of tokes and just lay flat on your back, you could feel your spine going click-click-click all the way - kinda like a re-alignment after a good massage. When you got up, all the tiredness was gone! Near miraculous. I attributed that to the anti-inflamatory qualities of CBD, and I assumed that clone had a good CBD content, but had no facilities for testing.

I don't often mention it (sometimes I get weird looks), but reading here and seeing other people also mention an effect on the spine I was reminded of it very much.

I don't have that particular plant any more, but I do have sister seeds (it was my own cross) and I may well try them again sometime, see if I get lucky (YES, I will keep it this time,if I find it again, LOL!). The high was not very massively strong, but quite respectable, pleasant rather than devastating.

Quite a lot more to CBD we have to find out about, it seems...

Gert Lush

Veteran
thats funny
it's just a little more complicated than "refine them from there"

no way to tell for sure if you hemp is high CBD, you know there are different "strains" of hemp, with different qualities, need a lab test to find a high CBD parent, also if your "favorite strain" is low CBD and dominant in crosses.... no bueno

then comes your offspring
get ready to pheno hunt like crazy, lab test every single offspring for high cbd.

I am glad you pointed that out.
There are far too many unsubstantiated sweeping statements in the canna community, and too many of them end up as useless and confusing urban myths.

No doubt the intention of the people making them is good, but for serious matters like these, good intentions are just not good enough.
Some hard rational thought (too much to ask for?) and some sensible science is required as well.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
get ready to pheno hunt like crazy, lab test every single offspring for high cbd.

If you should get sugar coated buds with fat sticky trichomes that don't get you high, you don't need to call in a professor to explain what the deal is.

Where was that "Posted by former Dixie Botanicals head of Dixie Science"? Who? Why shouldn't we believe that whoever really wrote that is more likely a competitor? Why so pessimistic? Because
ITS ABOUT THE MONEY
- and if someone in the CBD business says it's about helping people
ITS ABOUT THE MONEY
- because people in the MJ business will say anything to help their MJ business. They'll make it sound really good and tell you only what you want to hear.

The Hatter

Veteran
Yup, my mom seems much more willing to try RSO because I told her (IF I could find a CBD strain), that it won’t get her "high”. She seems unwilling to do it otherwise…Of course finding one is easier hoped for than achieved, (or it has been for me!)

…I first started to look into high CBD strains, (and Harlequin in particular), three years ago when Mesa started having seizures. I recently learned that people with AVN were able to SAVE their BONES with high CBD RSO and juicing…It oes w/o saying I’d much rather take RSO than go through another slow, painful bone death and joint replacement!

…I completely gave up on finding one, but now that my mom needs it too, I’m back on the hunt!
It’s just too bad that people horde these life saving strains…Sigh. I come here everyday to read about CBD, hoping I will find news about another CO disp. selling/giving out a CBD strain, (I worry there’s just not enough time to gamble on seeds.) It’s been a frustrating search, I love too many people who could benefit, so I can’t give up.

Glad to see CBD being discussed so much more! Spread the knowledge, TCG! Hopefully in time, this medicine and knowledge, will be so abundant that it will be there for the next family looking for a miracle, even if it can’t be mine.

Take good care of each other!
:wave:

P.S. My apologies for the recent posts from a frustrated, Negative Natty.
I need to take a time-out from the depressing research, along with several bonghits!

High CBD strains are easier to find than most people realize. Most auto flowering strains tend to have much higher CBD content than their regular flowering counterparts thanks to the Ruderalis in their gene pools. Autos are problematic in that you simply cannot keep a clone, but they also commonly produce good quantities of CBD. The problem is that like most commercial cannabis lines, the breeders are rapidly working the CBD genes out of their auto strains since it is counterproductive to inebriation which is still what most breeders are chasing. The longer the ruderalis genetics in autos are worked and diluted with recreational strains, the less likely you will be to find good CBD producers.

The auto I found with very high levels of CBD was an auto cheese that had been crossed with Big Bud. I've also heard that AK47 autos are known to produce some very high CBD levels as are other Pakistani and Afghan auto flowering strains.

Well suffice it to say this was not an easy collection to obtain, but most just came out of quarantine and FWIW I took a few pics of proof that the high CBD genetics are here in CO...AND will not be hoarded (fukers...I hate that shit...not like any one of us can grow enough of this for the world).
(the seedlings in the pic are Canna-Tsu and Sour Tsunami)
I also have some pheno hunting currently underway with a grip of seeds not in the pics where I am looking for the 27:1 CBD:THC, I'll post pics when I find her :)
ECC_CBD.jpg

Huel Perkins

Veteran
If you're looking for extreme CBD to THC ratios, try harvesting your CBD strains a week or two early. I have a pheno of Cannatonic that was found by seed that I've had tested many times. Its tested at high as 14.85% CBD and 1.34% THC when has a 11.08:1 ratio, but it usually tests closer to 14:1 ratio.

My most recent tests i decided to try a couple samples harvested at 7 weeks when i normally harvest at 9 weeks. The results were 11.24% CBD and 0.29% THC, thats a 38.75:1 CBD to THC ratio!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Listen to Huel, he knows what he is talking about with CBD. He has lots of lab results to back it up!

TheCleanGame

Veteran
My most recent tests i decided to try a couple samples harvested at 7 weeks when i normally harvest at 9 weeks. The results were 11.24% CBD and 0.29% THC, thats a 38.75:1 CBD to THC ratio!
I just have a huge issue with early cut bud. IME the turpene and full cannabinoid production is not done... with high THC cuts it usually means a significant reduction in how long the medication time lasts as well.

So... you're cutting early to decrease the amount of THC?

Keep it Clean! :D

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
TheCleanGame, That is because high THC % directly relates to the length of time the effects last, not the actual "potency" of the cannabis. It is true that cutting early will leave the cannabinoid and terpene profile under developed, but what Huel is attempting to do is grow medicine with as little THC as possible, for people who cannot tolerate any amount of THC, or for children, or for extracts with very high CBD and very low THC.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
what Huel is attempting to do is grow medicine with as little THC as possible, for people who cannot tolerate any amount of THC, or for children, or for extracts with very high CBD and very low THC.
Yeah... I get this. A couple points though.

#1 Harlequin is 8% CBD and 6% THC and only creates a deepening 'Mellow' effect at that ratio. No high or stone. People don't need insignificant levels of THC to achieve no high... even if they're extremely intolerant to THC.

Just a wee bit less THC than Harlequin, say 8% CBD and 4% THC and you probably won't get that background 'mellow' either.

#2 Mark my words... same as they're finding issues with extreme THC and no CBD cannabis, there will be problems found with extreme CBD and no THC cannabis. Time will tell.

Amazing new field of information... no? :tiphat:

Gonna be hard to convince me to chop early... just goes against everything I feel/know. lol

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Each person is different. It has no effect for you, but the THC in a 1:1 May floor a non smoker. Do you have experience with any other high cbd strains? I have smoked 6-7 different 1:1 ratio strains. All of them got me high as well as a significant cbd effect. The best strain I have and the most medicinal that I can use is Star Tonic which is a 3:2 ratio CBD:THC. With up to 14-15% cbd. Anything higher than a 3:2 ratio isn't for me. I need the THC personally. My girlfriend loves the 11:1 cannatonic #4. Everyone is different.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Interesting read!

I had a plant a while back, a cross of two fairly wild sativas (i.e. no commercial inbreeding for strength) which had quite a remarkable effect:
If you were physically exhausted, like after a day's very hard work, and you took a couple of tokes and just lay flat on your back, you could feel your spine going click-click-click all the way - kinda like a re-alignment after a good massage. When you got up, all the tiredness was gone! Near miraculous. I attributed that to the anti-inflamatory qualities of CBD, and I assumed that clone had a good CBD content, but had no facilities for testing.

I don't often mention it (sometimes I get weird looks), but reading here and seeing other people also mention an effect on the spine I was reminded of it very much.

The first bowl of Harlequin I smoked gave me a back-ache something fierce... until that part of my spine suddenly cracked and all the tension/pain went away. lol

Definitely a lot of interesting new information floating around. :)

TickelMyBalls said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you have experience with any other high cbd strains? I have smoked 6-7 different 1:1 ratio strains. All of them got me high as well as a significant cbd effect.
[/FONT]
Just harlequin and it's 2% less THC than CBD.

Uhh... any 1:1 strain is going to get you significantly high. lol CBD may be a powerful anti-psychotic but it still takes a bit more than 1:1 to counteract the THC.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Exactly my point, you are basing your opinion off of one strain and you just contradicted yourself by saying that a 1:1 will get you high, after saying your 1:1 harlequin doesn't. Which is it?

Also, cbd isn't "counteracting" the THC. All cannabinoids work together, not against each other. I have dabbed sour tsunami oil in CO, 3:2 ratio, dabbed lots of cannatonic oil and other high cbd oil here. Even 40% CBD doesn't negate the effects of 15-20% THC. You feel both. Well, maybe you don't. But most people do.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the harlequin gets you high, but for a regular user... its not much a "buzz"; granted for someone not accustomed to a thc buzz it could be VERY strong for them, even at 7%thc.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
I just have a huge issue with early cut bud. IME the turpene and full cannabinoid production is not done... with high THC cuts it usually means a significant reduction in how long the medication time lasts as well.

So... you're cutting early to decrease the amount of THC?

Some people out there want/need cannabinoid medicine but at the same time want as little THC as possible. For some, getting high is very undesirable and for others having THC in their system could cause them to lose their job.

My reason for the early harvest is simply to learn. I like to lab test and experiment for my own knowledge.

Latest posts

Latest posts