What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you Chasing CBD??

Yesca73

I am growing my first CBD strain that I got from Mr.Nice/CBD crew
I thought they were the only legit ones testing their seeds
I have never smoked any CBD strains before but am looking forward to it
I am hoping to get mine tested and if I do will post results

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Good deal...

Here's hoping the hype wave and fraud level isn't too high in the first year or so of CBD awareness...

Just stoked about the harlequin cut... just transplanted a new clone to hydro and about to flip the garden in a few days.

Joy...

I keep telling folks that are moving to Colorado to bring their jobs with them... and that doesn't include selling cannabis. LOL :D

Keep it Clean! :D

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Here in Michigan check out the midwests best garden club in AA and mi center for compassion. Both are giving away Cannatonic 4. 12/1 CBD/THC and outcrosses.

dddaver

Veteran
Good deal...

Here's hoping the hype vibe and fraud level isn't too high in the first year or so of CBD awareness...

Just stoked about the harlequin cut... just transplanted a new clone to hydro and about to flip the garden in a few days.

Joy...

I keep telling folks that are moving to Colorado to bring their jobs with them... and that doesn't include selling cannabis. LOL :D

I hear ya man. I get that fraud premonition too. Beware of hucksters.

Since I'm retired military and get SS disability too I have some income, but being totally dependent on this fucked up gubbermint SUCKS. Losing proposition, always going downhill.

If I make it there cool, not so easy though for a bent over shuffling old fuck. "Heh? What'd ya say sonny?" :biggrin: I would like to win the lottery first before trying too. Make it easier. :biggrin:

CO rocks.

I think I might order some of that CBD gum. I wonder if that shit is legit? Thanks Natty. Yet I think THC still has been shown to be factor in pain management.

I'd personally consider the cbn to be better for pain myself but seeing as it's a byproduct to an extent I'd have to agree with thc bein good for what ails ya.
I think the mix once found in the right ratio/ripeness is the key to getting all the thc but the narco type kick of the cbn kind of minimizes any of the side effects y amight not want while just trying to kill some pain.
Not that you don't get high or anything, but it's mellower n not as twitchy on the nervous system.
I personally think the thc causes a type of neuro transmission misfire that makes the timing of transmissions feel like they're slowing down due to the break in current from the misfiring.
Kinda like a cars distributor muckin up, only getting half the cylinders firing on time, you'll still move but it just won't have the same pep/kick with half the cylinders only firing at half strength due to the timing they're hitting.

On the cbd gum, couldn't say if it's come from the same lineage but I know there are cbd dom bub gum cuts out there that have been around a loooooooong long time.
Not my thing, n was totally useless for me, but I seen 1 not too long ago that looked great, covered in trichs n shit, but just didn't help me at all, n might have even almost agrivated my condition more than it helped but that's me n my body, I'm just saying there is definetly some out there.
Dunno nothing about the profile specifics so I won't do like many n make claims, but I do know it was a more indy dom pheno, with the more juicy fruit gum flavour rather than the watered down pink bazooka joe gum flavour I got from an indiana bub gum cut I compared it to.
Though to be honest as useless as the nicer juicy fruit cut was for me personally the bazooka joe cut I felt was complete garbage that didn't compete on any level at all.
Not growth, not cannabinoid profile or content, not the taste or asthetics, nothing about it at all compared realy.

Anywho, good luck on the hunt, hope you find something that works no matter what the profile is.

cheers all,.....................................................gps

MadR1

Hmmm,

High CBD... Is this the reason that "Hash" made from trimmings tends to get me super "medicated", though not totally (ripped)?

Do the trimmings/small leaves have more CBD than the flowers?

Peace, M

G.O. Joe

Veteran
So today I (re)learned, that CBD is completely legal!

Whether people selling things are totally in it for the money despite elaborate claims otherwise and will say anything and lie to any lengths, or they actually believe in their product, any lack of prosecutions really are not due to lack of laws. The federal law defining CBD as marijuana has been posted,
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5800816
and many if not most state laws are written exactly the same. CT may have the only law in the US to specifically mention CBD, but it's as clarification on top of the usual language stating that it's explicitly banned. In Chapter 420b no less.

It might be easier to get CBD exempted from the definition of marijuana than MMJ to get exempted, if MMJ lobbyists focused on this, though someone would probably bring up isomerization diversion.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
So... what's up with this?

Real Scientific Hemp Oil
51j969s0hUL._SX425_.jpg

??

I would imagine they're selling it pretty fast as word spreads... no idea if it's really a true product or not.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Even with possible MJ stigma that comes with CBD, some known company with cash, manufacturing facilities, and dosing and regulatory expertise already at hand should be in a legal market by now. If their legal counsel was on board.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the info cleangame!

I'm banging out Harlequin mom now... she's all sorts of branchy and sturdy, i love her structure so far... not quite as good results cloning her as some of my other stains & favorites, but i'm expecting harlequin to be in serious production soon.
possibly a reversal project also....

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Hrmmm... Cloning works great for me with cups and sunshine mix #4...

Try not feeding your mum for a week before you take cuttings... if she's a bit overfed it can increase the rooting time of the cuts. :D

Good thread. CBD relative ratios are purely genetically controlled, and trichomes on the leaves would not be higher or lower in ratio.

There are many marketing lies about this or that being a high CBD strain, or people propagating these misconceptions.

High CBD should have a no-high or de-high effect. At 1-1 it may smooth out the edge and unpleasant thoughts of racy strains especially heady sativas. It is thus thought of as boring by serious classical recreational users.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
A little more on non-MJ CBD products if that's OK - there's been no mention at this site that GW Pharma is at the beginning stages of an FDA-approved CBD trial in the US. This itself is interesting as Schedule I drugs by definition have no medical usage and this has been a big problem for MMJ in the FDA in the past. The first two paragraphs of a longer article:

Comes Now Epidiolex™ (FDA approves IND studies of CBD)
By Fred Gardner October 22, 2013

In response to urgent need expressed by parents of children with intractable epilepsy, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is allowing Investigational New Drug studies of purified CBD (cannabidiol) as an anti-seizure medication. The “new drug” is being provided to physician-investigators by GW Pharmaceuticals, which has named its CBD product “Epidiolex™.”

To date FDA has approved intermediate-sized INDs sponsored by Orrin Devinsky, MD, at the NYU School of Medicine, and Roberta Cilio, MD, PhD, at UCSF —each set up to follow 25 patients using Epidiolex™ as a treatment for pediatric epilepsy— plus two individual INDs by Cilio. More INDs await FDA approval. [Style note: the jargon calls for dropping the word "study" after IND, just as the word "proposal" gets dropped when researchers speak of "writing a grant.”] Devinsky and Cilio both made presentations at a conference on “Cannabidiols: potential use in epilepsy and other neurological disorders,” held at NYU October 4.

If you go to that page you might see the link to the "FDA Confirms: CBD is a Schedule 1 Drug" page, it's an email that it is what it is. For all we know someone at the FDA just checked the Sigma-Aldrich or other chemical supplier page for cannabidiol and noted that they say it's controlled. GW Pharma don't seem interested in selling their products through Amazon at this time, even though they have this huge infrastructure, relationship with the FDA and DEA, everything needed to make Epidiolex available in the US right now, but for some reason they aren't able to tap into this market.

Cannavest Corp./Medical Marijuana Inc./HempMedsPX is eager to also jump in this and also state that all their products are totally legal in all 50 states. GW Pharma's stock (London, NASDAQ) is doing much better though, it shot up like a rocket on (the Monday after that Oct. 4) Oct. 7, and is still rated in the financial news as a strong buy. Hopefully there is room for both MMJ and big cannapharma if it really is about helping sick people. The FDA should be expected to eventually come down hard on people selling things that allegedly contain CBD for human consumption without its permission - they would want it to be at least as highly regulated as any other drug business.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Very interesting find G.O. Joe. :yes:

It’s these little kids that really pull at people’s heart strings.

Unfortunately if you are just sick, and not a cute kid, you are apparently less deserving; (unless you are a member of the "cool kids” camp and are well connected.)

…If you are not, well, no CBD for you!!

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I tend to be very skeptical of these CBD products…
However, out of sheer desperation I may wind up getting some for my mom…
exactly what the creators of these CBD products are hoping for…lots of desperate people to line their pockets!

You’d think in CO it’d be easier for sick people to get a CBD strain.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I'm working hard to make it easier and easier...

Don't forget the "CBD Free For All" program running in Colorado. Free cut of "Harlequin" to those who are willing to pass it around for free themselves and fill out an online survey after they've medicated with it.

I have to say.. things in Colorado are starting to move faster than I expected. LOL

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see the "Medical Community" finally looking into Cannabinoids as a "FIRST LINE" defense for children. Kids have been force fed Rx chemicals for far too long now.

Remember the guy that wanted to spike the California school systems drinking fountains with Ritalin? As a 'preventative' measure? (*Facepalm*)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It’s these little kids that really pull at people’s heart strings.

That's exactly why the US Congress itself must be petitioned immediately and furiously to specifically exempt CBD from the legal definition of MJ and thus the list of controlled substances entirely, while it has the best chance of going somewhere. But medical people want medical use, MMJ people want MMJ, GW Pharma and everyone who put their savings in GWP stock wants it to be very difficult to get in the game, and no drug company benefits from total delisting, so no one except patients has any interest in organizing that.

So close to the KS and NE ditchweed CBD genes (follow your nose to the Christmas trees that aren't) - a drive earlier in the year, seeds falling in a shoe, some little powdery wildflowers on a stalk, IDK. Naturally any sort of harvesting would be a serious offense, but by the way for instance being caught on I-80 in NE less than an ounce of seeds no one admitted to harvesting would be a traffic ticket. I have a couple seeds and I'll see how that goes, since I'm not listening to anyone or their sock puppets tell us that for instance a nicely frosty but inactive F or S 2 or 3 of NL5xHazexSour Bubble x random ditchweed is delusional garbage that should be thrown away. Neither should anyone else.

A little more on non-MJ CBD products if that's OK - there's been no mention at this site that GW Pharma is at the beginning stages of an FDA-approved CBD trial in the US. This itself is interesting as Schedule I drugs by definition have no medical usage and this has been a big problem for MMJ in the FDA in the past. The first two paragraphs of a longer article:

Comes Now Epidiolex™ (FDA approves IND studies of CBD)
By Fred Gardner October 22, 2013

In response to urgent need expressed by parents of children with intractable epilepsy, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is allowing Investigational New Drug studies of purified CBD (cannabidiol) as an anti-seizure medication. The “new drug” is being provided to physician-investigators by GW Pharmaceuticals, which has named its CBD product “Epidiolex™.”

To date FDA has approved intermediate-sized INDs sponsored by Orrin Devinsky, MD, at the NYU School of Medicine, and Roberta Cilio, MD, PhD, at UCSF —each set up to follow 25 patients using Epidiolex™ as a treatment for pediatric epilepsy— plus two individual INDs by Cilio. More INDs await FDA approval. [Style note: the jargon calls for dropping the word "study" after IND, just as the word "proposal" gets dropped when researchers speak of "writing a grant.”] Devinsky and Cilio both made presentations at a conference on “Cannabidiols: potential use in epilepsy and other neurological disorders,” held at NYU October 4.

If you go to that page you might see the link to the "FDA Confirms: CBD is a Schedule 1 Drug" page, it's an email that it is what it is. For all we know someone at the FDA just checked the Sigma-Aldrich or other chemical supplier page for cannabidiol and noted that they say it's controlled. GW Pharma don't seem interested in selling their products through Amazon at this time, even though they have this huge infrastructure, relationship with the FDA and DEA, everything needed to make Epidiolex available in the US right now, but for some reason they aren't able to tap into this market.

Cannavest Corp./Medical Marijuana Inc./HempMedsPX is eager to also jump in this and also state that all their products are totally legal in all 50 states. GW Pharma's stock (London, NASDAQ) is doing much better though, it shot up like a rocket on (the Monday after that Oct. 4) Oct. 7, and is still rated in the financial news as a strong buy. Hopefully there is room for both MMJ and big cannapharma if it really is about helping sick people. The FDA should be expected to eventually come down hard on people selling things that allegedly contain CBD for human consumption without its permission - they would want it to be at least as highly regulated as any other drug business.

Thanks for the article Joe. I'm not overly cynical but my opinion is the money interests are too deeply entrenched and the politicians and enforcement too deeply entrenched for there to be any consistent application of laws to both rich and poor, natural person and corporate persons. It's clear to me that there has been a double standard, will be a double standard, and when the hypocrisy is pointed out too loudly in the public, there will be an adjustment in law such that the biopharmas can monopolize what should be cheaply available medication-- seeds thrown in the soil.

CBD is in the perfect grey area for hypocritical application of law. Whatever objective case may be made from a chemist's viewpoint or a pharmacological viewpoint, it can be argued legally either way with the right legal team. Thus Dixie and crew are taking a risk in interpreting the law liberally, and it is a bit of a gamble, but at the same time they are small and will be blown out of the water when GW/Bayer invest more heavily post-trials, ramping into production.

The canna-community cannot let this happen, but it is not David vs Goliath but ant vs goliath really. Most in the 'canna-community' don't even have accurate information about CBD, nor any appreciation for it.

If 'CBD for all' wants to talk to me about CBD genetics I'm open to talking about their cause. I ddin't like the form submission format of their site. They should know people value security and would rather have an email, not a form for submission.