What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

Frosy

Hello to all good people out there! I have been smoking this wonderful herb for 40 years now, but I am getting some health issues that indicate I should protect my lungs a bit more. I never had a vaporizer, and I will admit that the many makes and models are confusing to me. And the prices on the high end models are not low, though maybe they are worth it. If anyone can chime in and give some advice, I am thanking you in advance. Take care, happy vaping!:tumbleweed:

TheArchitect

Veteran
Arizer extreme Q.

Mine has been on for 18 months, still runs like a champ.

I literally just leave it on 24/7. At temp. Plug in the bag and she is ready to go instantly.

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
The Evolutions V7 is my favorite.
Go to gotvape.com and you will find a great selection and can learn about different models and types of vaporizers.

Peace,
KF

milkman1

Da Buddah has never let me down after 3 years of SOLID medicating. I use it for flowers as well as various forms of concentrates without fail. It all depends on what style vape fits your needs (e.g. hands free, bagged, etc.)

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Well none of those can beat the VOLCANO IMO. The extreme Q tube smell bad pvc plastic ! And the glass part can be broken so fast. Also u can't cork the tube or the bag, and the bag is a none adjustable size !

Really and truly, the best it's the VOLCANO. I have been using it everyday for 7 years and it works just fine.
VOLCANO = BMW
Extreme Q = Ford
:)

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
my friend has a vapexhale cloud it is unbelievable, especially if you're into bongs. vriptech hw would be good too, or life saber or herborizer

I would definitely recommend an ExtremeQ as your first vape. does bags and whip both very well, can be had for like $165 on ebay last time I looked. couple elbow pack in the whip is all I need. I agree the stock tubing is not the best. get some 7th floor (SSV) tubing

volcano is good at bags. but bags are boring after a while

P

PermaBuzz

Going on 3 mos here with the Arizer solo - great unit and one of the best portables.
Has great taste and is very efficient. But there are other units out there that can give a bigger hit such as the volcano.

Many do agree that the volcano is the rolls royce of vaprizers - however it is also dogged by an image that I dont particularly care for - that image is a "I'll pay any price for the best no matter how much" kind of snobbiness. It is for this reason that many folks forego the volcano and find other vapes just as good.

JAY LENWEED

the volcano is the best one iI have used, but the buddha and silver surfer type models work very well. the biggest difference is how much product is used. The whip style can pack individual hits where as the volcano your filling a bag and it almost takes half gram to pack it. Hope this helps.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Vrip Heat Wand provides the thickest most proper vape hits of any on the market imo, though I have not tried the vape xhale cloud yet and I hear its the only one that can keep up. Just be sure to buy the stand too - its essential for getting all the glass properly hot.

Best all around vape imo is the Super Silver Vape or its cheaper sister vape, Da Buddha. They provide very proper dense vape hits, and can be run over by a car with minimal damage.

If you like bags, I second the Extreme Q recommendations.

StinkyGreen

I recently made a decision to buy an Arizer Solo after researching a ton of different vapes. I couldn't be happier with with it. I chose this model for several reasons:

- discreet, compact, battery powered portable. Can use it at altitude in the mountains.
- long-lasting battery
- can run directly off of AC power (with a separate power supply) for times of heavy use
- adjustable temperature control
- excellent selection of after-market accessories (high-flow stems, GonG adapters)
- high-quality design and workmanship
- consistent rave reviews from owners
- on sale for $160 at several reputable online vape shops

In terms of price/quality/reviews, I was also drawn to the Silver Surfer and Extreme Q, but ultimately the portability of the Solo won me over. I'm a very happy customer.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also recommend the extreme Q. Been using mine for 3 years. The one I have is he older model the newer one is even better. They upgraded some of the components and gave it a more modern look. I use this for bud

I have a vap pen for oil love this thing even more :)

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'm a Buddha guy...Sturdy as a slant six, relatively inexpensive and Oh So Effective.

I'd buy a Da Buddah as well,if I was in the market for a vape.

+1 for mentioning a slant six Mayan...not too many even remember what a great motor that was.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I still love my Volcano, but my Arizer Solo that i bought for a portable unit has been getting a lot of use at home as well. To me it seems to deliver the cleanest and freshest hit---tasting all of the aromatics with none of the tar.