What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion - Mekong High - Smoke/Grow Notes

creativesmoke

I haven't revisited this thread for a long time, thanks for the comments since my last post. I still have a few seeds left and have been very tempted to pop them but there always seems to be an amazing hybrid to grow instead so they have been on the back list for a while.

That's a shame about them not performing right Max Headroom. Sounds like they grew too fast for what nutrients were available, I had mine in 11L pots so perhaps that helped? They turned out like trees without any deficiency with Canna nutes. The high wasn't profound or strong until 7 - 8 weeks cure, by 10 weeks it was getting really nice. Wish I could have kept some for 5-6 months because it changed in the cure more than anything I've experienced so far.

i've grown mekong high recently but my run has been a big disappointment.
first they grew like crazy and put out huuuge fan leaves. then, after a few weeks in flower, a (suspected) magnesium deficiency started, which i was unable to get under control. it quickly progressed. i harvested at around 9-10 weeks - by that time all the lower leaves had crisped up and died and most of the ones up top were heavily affected. despite all these problems, the yield was surprisingly good, but the high unfortunately wasn't.
the (first) high is long lasting but very weak. you barely notice you have smoked something. increasing the dosage by a factor of 4 barely makes a difference. (which i find strange)
but here is the kicker - after 2 or 3 rounds this stuff totally puts me to sleep. i fight to stay awake - like a heavy indica (but without the strong high) it makes me pass out in front of the tv.

i grew 4 plants in soil under 400W HPS. (maybe they need much more light?)
i had to apply major bondage to keep them in check. i had some temp issues for a week or two, but nothing extreme. all 4 showed the same problems. all 4 have the same weak high.
2 other plants growning alongside (spoetnik) were completely unaffected and turned out well.

after this grow i've decided that i will not grow any more strains that haven't been on the market for at least 10 years. i'm glad your run turned out ok, creativesmoke, but fuck those new and untested genetics! (yes, yes, i know - it's always the breeder's fault, never the grower's) :D

I know what your saying mate, to be honest I haven't done anything as remotely risky since those Mekongs. They were fem seeds too, I've been growing proper stabilized regular seeds since then.

Max Headroom

Veteran
since many here had good results, i really think that 400W were not enough. these seem to be needing a bit more.
(btw, i had 11L pots as well)

gethigh

With how vigorous and good the high is with this plant it's just asking for a good indica or indica dominant cross, I need to get some seeds and try it

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
just rec: cut of and sampled indoor under 400w............no ceiling high that puts a shit eatin' grin on ones face and exceptional upbeat party mode......great for anxiety probs............brings back the 70's high that was more commonplace with all the unadulterated parental sat lines that first came about......

highly recommend..........

W

Water-

I cultivated this variety outdoor in Hawaii in 2012 and it got me very high

Satyros

I cultivated this variety outdoors last year and someone else told us it must have been grown indoors in a pro rig (meaning they thought it was as good as most commercial hydro).