What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

205w LED vs 400w HID Let the battle begin!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
100%

Hey Blazeoneup, thanks that someone is finally making a real battle grow with these two system in a respectable fashion.

But i also have another question about "The best damn grow show" , i was trying to find out how your air pumps and everything work together, but i just couldnt get it , so it would be very cool of you if you could break it down a little bit. since you are the first person with the setup i wanted to create who really has it in a kickass way ^^
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/280IMGP4215.JPG

thanks alot anyway for the work you have accomplished and the information you gave people. :smokeit:

Check this link in my signature for more information on that system and how it works!

Recirculating Dwc Tutorial!

This grow is up and running, I'll post pics tommorow I just finished watching ufc tonight and feeling lazy :)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
awsome thing your doing here blaze, haha i get the same way after watching ufc, tire myself out thinking i can kick ass like that! haha, gonna watch the st.pierre and hardy fight next weekend? that one should be good.

Check this link in my signature for more information on that system and how it works!

Recirculating Dwc Tutorial!

This grow is up and running, I'll post pics tommorow I just finished watching ufc tonight and feeling lazy :)
Some good action. That new kid looks like hes going to be a star soon

S

SexInTheCity

Here we go! I remember blaze from many years back glad to be back on IC, still going strong I see :) hopefully I come back and check this out, very interesting side by side

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
What's up ic, Time for an update!

The clones are not in the best of shape, the temps are slightly off from each side, the 400w mh side is setting at 84f and the led side is setting at 81f, not exact but close enough, The clones might not look the best right now but they have healthy root systems and should take off with no problems. They are in 3 gallon bags using the soil mix from my 2k perpetual growthread.

The lights are currently 24" above the plants I will lower them over the next couple days, Gonna give them time to adjust before pushing the light in on them.

That's all for now, Until next time be safe and take care!:tiphat:

D

Disguised

Looking forward to this one. The definitive test. 'nuff said after this.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long are you gonna veg them for?

This is gonna be interesting for sure. It seems like all the LED threads I've seen that aren't micro grows, the people veg out a larger starting plant under hid/cfl before throwing them under the leds.

Can't wait to see how this turns out with this smaller starting size.

How much does Urkle stretch under flowering?

Yeah, I'm probably gonna run l 4 per light, I may do 6 and keep them smaller.
So from your growing experience you should pull 268 grs or there abouts from these lights. Since you said yourself that you average 1.3-1.4 p's /1000watt what is it your going to do to the LED plants to get double the harvest?

This test looks horrible, the plants are sick and it's not fair to the LED test to veg under a warm LED. The cost factor of LED's is that I don't want a mixed spectrum, I want pure cool for veg and pure warm for flower without the price.

I don't see why these are so expensive, something about a microchip and why aren't these cheaper. I think it has to do with that people want to make good money off of a 'advanced' technology and they aren't selling nearly many enough to secure their investments.

When LED's are common in homes and businesses for lighting, they will be much cheaper for growers. For some reason the Green LED night light is tiny at 12 Watts and the Blue LED light is huge.

These are also to direct at their lighting patterns with current designs for the average home owner. They do last a long time, they do not require as much electricity but do not compete on an economic level with CFL's. I am sad to say that, I would honestly love to see LED's to go down about two dollars a Watt and that still doesn't compete.

How much electricity they save, isn't as much as which is cheaper. It's their highly focused beam, that doesn't do very well at indoor lighting. I'd rather have my blue LED be designed to point up into it's own reflector that disperses the light over a several foot area (great for night lighting).

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
This test looks horrible, the plants are sick and it's not fair to the LED test to veg under a warm LED. The cost factor of LED's is that I don't want a mixed spectrum, I want pure cool for veg and pure warm for flower without the price.

I don't see why these are so expensive, something about a microchip and why aren't these cheaper. I think it has to do with that people want to make good money off of a 'advanced' technology and they aren't selling nearly many enough to secure their investments.

When LED's are common in homes and businesses for lighting, they will be much cheaper for growers. For some reason the Green LED night light is tiny at 12 Watts and the Blue LED light is huge.

These are also to direct at their lighting patterns with current designs for the average home owner. They do last a long time, they do not require as much electricity but do not compete on an economic level with CFL's. I am sad to say that, I would honestly love to see LED's to go down about two dollars a Watt and that still doesn't compete.

How much electricity they save, isn't as much as which is cheaper. It's their highly focused beam, that doesn't do very well at indoor lighting. I'd rather have my blue LED be designed to point up into it's own reflector that disperses the light over a several foot area (great for night lighting).

Why you telling me what you want from a led light? I don't manufacture led lights, I dont have anything to do with leds other then this test. Coming into my thread and asking for a cool led only veg light and a warm led only flower light is not going get you either of the two. Perhaps take your wants/needs/ideas to a led manufacture and see what you can come up with.

I always enjoy when the plants look horrible at the start and people drop in to spew how horrible they look lol, Makes that lovely healthy finish that much more satisfying.

The thing is, I am a grower been doing this for years, I do not have to start with 100% healthy clones which are solid green in order to produce a crop.

I can turn crap clones into beautiful bushes in no time, So stick around there and watch how these horrible clones become beautiful little bushes.

Fair? I have vegged plants under hps, warm floro's, cool floro's, mh, you name it, If these leds cant veg a plant then whats the point in using them?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
So from your growing experience you should pull 268 grs or there abouts from these lights. Since you said yourself that you average 1.3-1.4 p's /1000watt what is it your going to do to the LED plants to get double the harvest?

I'm not out to hit 1 gpw, I am out to do a grow using a 205w led light vs a 400w hid light, I dont care about the outcome I am simply gonna post the end results as they are, doesnt matter to me if it yields 0.5 gpw or 1.0gpw lol. I'm going to run everything as per my usual methods and whatever the outcome is it is.

Yes I said I average 1.3-1.4 steady per 1k "with urkle", I can hit 2+ with 50+ other strains.