What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

205w LED vs 400w HID Let the battle begin!

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day Blazeoneup, I knew you would rock this test grow the setup look sweeet

That sucked about the faulty light but good you were able to fix the problem with a little common sense
That sucks about the workmanship but you cant blame LEDGirl for that, i bet the test product's she was shown were never like that
And Once they get the contract for the work the workmanship Quality drops Typical... But glad LEDGirl is ontop of the problem and trying to resolve it or look for new manufactures Keep up the good work LEDGirl

Cant wait to see the action bro

I have my seat for the show

Good luck bro
Stay Safe
Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She picked the right guy...faulty light and you save the day. You are a pro, so the grow should really settle things, barring any strange things happening...mold, pests, the man! etc.

I am using your no nutes soil mix btw, thanks.

nugbuckets

sweet bro...props to fixing your unit, cool story. I tell ya, some Ganja growers are off the charts brilliant! If I ever get stranded on a deserted island, I hope it is with a fellow grower!....And she's a hot young woman of course, and........I'll be watching.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
G'day Blazeoneup, I knew you would rock this test grow the setup look sweeet

That sucked about the faulty light but good you were able to fix the problem with a little common sense
That sucks about the workmanship but you cant blame LEDGirl for that, i bet the test product's she was shown were never like that
And Once they get the contract for the work the workmanship Quality drops Typical... But glad LEDGirl is ontop of the problem and trying to resolve it or look for new manufactures Keep up the good work LEDGirl

Cant wait to see the action bro

I have my seat for the show

Good luck bro
Stay Safe
Peace

I bet you hit the nail on the head with that statement :tiphat:

I agree, You can't blame LEDGirl for this problem. I thought it was all relevant to post it though, I tell ya what, name one other company who you can contact of an issue, have them nail the problem, and have a replacement part in the mail inside 4 hrs from the time you initially contacted them. That's exellent service couldn't get any better IMHO.

That whole post was relevant for multiple reasons, 1 for those who may experience this problem. 2 to show the haters I am real, nothing fake about this test. 3 also shows people they can be worry free when purchasing one of these lights, knowing if trouble accurs, its gonna be tooken care of promptly. either way I intend to hide nothing from the members here.

I didn't sign up for this to get a free light, Or save 700$ I'll whipe my ass with 700$ and throw a light in the trash, lord knows I got more lights then I need as is. (not to sound rich, I'm just a poor fellow trying to survive)

I signed up for this test, to test these things out and give the community here a valid test run illustrating what these units can or cannot do, you can rely on that....

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
n/m, blind

I see you poppin up out the forest around and about. Keep that paisley talk up and someone's gonna catch a soquick bud upside the head lol.:moon:

lol seriously though, hows it? Been a while, hope all is well, Until next time be safe and take care!!!

LEDGirl

Veteran
I am certainly looking forward to this test Blaze! I love following everyone's progress week to week, and will definitely be checking in often. Thank you for being so handy with the power supply issue, and hopefully we will find a new manufacturer for them very soon. It's a problem I've been trying to resolve for about a month now. I'm glad you got it fixed though ;)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I am certainly looking forward to this test Blaze! I love following everyone's progress week to week, and will definitely be checking in often. Thank you for being so handy with the power supply issue, and hopefully we will find a new manufacturer for them very soon. It's a problem I've been trying to resolve for about a month now. I'm glad you got it fixed though ;)

Thanks for stopping in LEDGirl, and thanks for the speedy service :) Its nice that I was able to fix the power supply, but even nicer knowing that if I couldn't have I would easily be able to stick the replacement in :)

I guess that's another perk to the design easy removal and replacement of power supplies, So if something goes wrong only takes a few minutes to install :)

Until next time be safe and take care!!!

Woody

I'm in on this one too. Very interested in how the LED's go. As an electrical hobbiest I would like to see some good clean un-adulterated data on the performance of these LED's and I might attempt to make a home jobbie for some fun :)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it would cost you more to build a LED of this quality then to just buy one from them. Some of the parts are not cheap. Some of those LEDS are like 80$ ea.

Hay Blaze how's the grow doing today?

LEDGirl

Veteran
Blaze - I forwarded this thread to our manufacturer for them to see the issue from the customer's perspective. I received a response very quickly that the manager was stepping in, calling a meeting with all of the workers who build our lights, and implementing some new quality control techniques to cut back on the number of problems we see related to power supplies. We have also requested that they locate a new supplier for higher quality power supplies, so that we can hopefully eliminate all of the issues surrounding them all together. Feedback like yours is extremely important to us, as it helps us build a better product for all of you. Thanks for taking the time to bring the in-depth nature of the power supply issue to our attention! :)

outdoe

good. I always felt it would be better comparison to put 200w LED vs 400w HPS instead of 70w LED vs 400w HPS

P

Paranoid one

:bump:

I REALLLLY want to see the results on this.... :jump:
Added to Subscription folder.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice looking thread ...its bee na while since i tagged a thread.but count me in!
read the powersuppley prob....good thing you fixed it :)
Nway looking forward to u using them led's...should be very intresting :)