What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CPC (Chronic Pain Club)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good, thanks for your effort. Couldn't find a headpat emoticon, so this will have to make do! :tiphat:

GryphN

You can count me in... T7 compression fracture <among other things> ... 15 years and counting.. Just moved to Washington from WI for the MMJ laws... Will be getting my recommendation on Monday. :)

--GryphN

it's the weekend

everybody must be feeling better?

I can remember always looking forward to the weekends

that meant I could stay in bed

flat on my back, all day/night

trying to deal with the pain and muscle spasms

Senior I wish I could just lay flat on my back, the spasms I get doing that outways my enjoyment of just laying flat. simple little things like that I wouldn't ever think about now I wish I could if only for 15 minutes.

M

Marywanna

DR,I know this will sound dumb,but we got a Temper-pedic bed 2 years ago. OMG it really helps,I noticed when I was recovering from the last surgery and was in bed most of the time. But nothing really helps when you have to lay for hours,does it. I take the ice pack and wrap it with a towel then pin it so it stays on while I lay on my side,legs bent,knee propped up on a pillow. I love ice packs.Today my feet are so swollen and sore I can barely walk! When is this GODDAM Humira gonna work???????

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Barometric pressure..ouch...the barometer controls my life. I am officially joining the chronic pain club. When falling or rising the barometer sends me into un-bearable chronic pain, and we have had a active spring of weather..many fronts in off the pacific = a lot of pain for the Doobster. Anyone else in this club feeling it? Some of my doctors agree completely with this and others adimately disagee and claim it has nothing to do with my condition. I have a years worth of evidence to prove the non-believers wrong. DD

G`Morning Everyone, :)

DD I'm not sure if the barometer has anything to do with my severe chronic back pain but the weather sure plays a major role with my back, I can tell days before when it's going to be a damp rainy day and it last right up and a day after it rains and clears up.

When my Attorney had to send out medical reports that had to be filled out by my doctors my Neorusergoens report stated that due to the break in my back and hardware I have in my back severe RA will set in as I get older causeing complications and severe chronic pain, which I suffer now in my knee's and right shoulder.

Also DD You are one remarkable photographer ;)

bigdaddyc9

My pain rise and fall with the barometerWhen a major low comes barrelling in from the west/northwest,I am in agony.My kness never lie when we will have a major cold front and or snow.Environmental aspects are what dictates how severe my pain will get.And just for the record my 480mg of Oxycontin and 90mg Roxicodone have stopped working 6 months ago.So in a nutshell I am in agony on top of finding out my Mom has termianl cancer,which has left me a blubbering sleepless mess.Stop the World I want to get off.Free the weed for those in need.I know I can save my Mom using Rick Simpsons protocal.But will she last until I can get a grow finished?Peace BigD

Last edited:
M

Marywanna

BigD,really sorry for all the woes.I still remember losing my Mom and will never forget it. The only consolation was that she was suffering terribly and death was a blessing. Thinking and praying for your dear Mother....and you. MW:comfort:

E

emerald city

DR,I know this will sound dumb,but we got a Temper-pedic bed 2 years ago. OMG it really helps,I noticed when I was recovering from the last surgery and was in bed most of the time. But nothing really helps when you have to lay for hours,does it. I take the ice pack and wrap it with a towel then pin it so it stays on while I lay on my side,legs bent,knee propped up on a pillow. I love ice packs.Today my feet are so swollen and sore I can barely walk! When is this GODDAM Humira gonna work???????
We got a tempur-pedic years ago,imho the best beds in the world.. ALSO could NOT sleep without my tempur pillow ....Doctors also prescribed a thermospa hot-tub.....I call it my pain free zone,works great,only problem you cant live in a hottub 24/7......When the nerve pain is bad/bad ive tried the hot patches stuck to my neck and was amazed to find it loosed me up enough to unpinch the nerve on occasion.....Tried the neck pump/traction brace[ home decompression]wasnt to impressed with that peice of equipment,made me feel like i was in a midevil torture device..
My neuro says i got nerve damage in my neck,running down my shoulders on both sides into my hands,the surgen says thiers nothing he can do untill I blow my disks completly[what ever that meens]And im stuck living on morphine,hydro's for break threw and V's and M.J for muscle spasm's and nausa....The hard part is being looked at like a drugie when i go to fill my scripts,or the reason i get any meds when it looks like theres nothing wrong..
Sorry got me going,ramble over,tempur pedic-GOOD bed....
Hope your pain rate is a 2 not a 10 ommmmm. E.C/out

Very good Idea Mary, I am going to call my attorney and make the Insurance company have to buy me a queen size bed and have my primary & neurosurgeon Doctors write a prescription for the bed.

Ice packs work wonders for across my back I have a solid lump across my back from the scar tissue from having 4 surgeries.

I have all of you & You to Mary on my Prayer List ;)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DR - I've heard good things about the tempur-pedic, but have never used one. I have a Select Comfort sleep-by-numbers inflatable mattress with a 4" Sensus memory foam topper on it, and it is the best combination that I have found.

Thanks for the Info rives, we have a cali king size bed and believe me when I wake up at any time of the night or in the am I need my walker to help me stand straight up so mmy back can adjust and settle and that is the most painful time for me and my dr's asked me what I was sleeping on and told them and they both had suggested the beds mentioned on this thread by you and Mary :)

I have a very good Eastern-King bed,

purchased just before my '87 laminectomy C4-C7, T-1

I added a memory foam pad to it

About a year, maybe two, ago,

I purchased a 12" Novaform...............

but haven't found a foundation for it

so haven't yet opened it

to watch it go from a heavy lump

to a foam mattress

I should probably spoil myself

and spring for a tempurpedic

I sent for their sample and it felt nice and Impressed me and my wife but if I can get a prescription from both my primary care Dr. & my Neurosurgeon to write me a presription that I need the bed I wonder if I could have the Insurance company pay for the bed, would be something to make a call about and see wouldn't hurt anything to try.

accessndx

&#9835;All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
DR: You should check to see if you have "DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT" (DME) benefits from your insurance carrier. I know Medicare provides HOSPITAL beds for people at home....however TEMPURPEDIC beds I presume will be considered "EXPERIMENTAL" since they haven't existed too long, and more than likely would be perceived as a luxury item.
However ins. regulations change from time to time and it's worthwhile investigating...

P.S.-MW asked about HOMEOPATHY. It's a rather extensive subject. I posted some information previously in the following thread here at IC mag:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=162593&highlight=homeopathy

M

Marywanna

Thanks for the site, accessndx. Homeopathy has always been very interesting to me. Had a horse one time with a cervical injury.Had the vet out,he suggested acupunture. At the time it sounded kinda far out,but the horse was helped within minutes.Now it is pretty much an accepted treatment for other pets especially the large breed dogs that are prone to hip dysplasia.I myself have had treatments for cervical spine stenosis that worked very well.Reflexology is another treatment I have found to give me some relief. The physical therapy my Dr always rxed for me never really did anything. I have also found that riding will help relieve the stiffness. Just walking and relaxing on a horse does wonders. You just let yourself relax,and your hips follow the movement of the horse.We used to volunteer with my mare for kids that could barely spread their legs and could not walk. The effect was stunning,the kids would relax and enjoy the feeling of being able to walk. It was a wonderful thing,the horse seemed to know she had precious cargo and was so gentle and loving to the children. She was used to wheelchairs and all the other contraptions that sometimes spook horses.........when each child would be placed on her back,she would turn her head aroung and give their feet and legs a little sniff,the kids always liked that.It was amazing and so satisfying to participate in. Animals are awesome for therapy.

G`Eveneing Everyone,

Ive been out all day & some of the night at my Wife's relatives get together so I'm home now and enjoying a hot cup of coffee, every time I poured a cup I was shaking more hands meeting new people so it always went cold but now I can settle and enjoy a hot cup of java :D