What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get High and Go Hiking!

DAT

hell yeah , the Ape Canyon trail is a killer trail . Its also a mt bike trail but you can find a lot of solitude deep into that trail.

This past March I spent a week AT Zion National Park in Utah. It was just simply breathtaking. Our first backbacking trek was on the LaVern Creek Trail on to get to the infamous KOLob ARCh hidden deep back in the canyon. what a gem! one of the largest free standing ARCHes in the world. About 7 miles back to the ARcH. its hidden off a very wild overgrown rocky scramble up a creek to a magical votex where the wind howls and the cliffs surround you in a bowl . I always bring lots of weed with me on my trips blazing the trail non stop. Lots of solitude on this trail, its at the North end of the park. highly recommend this one!

Former Guest

there is a beautiful hike called Eagle Creek by Mt Hood OR (1 hr drive from Vancouver/Portland) that is 12 miles out and then 12 miles back no bikes as a good chunk of it is only a 2-3 ft if that wide trail with a 1000 ft drop no fence. there is also a billy goat bridge that is half a foot wide with a steel cable to hold on to while you ropel the way across. waterfalls all over, just beautiful as long as you don't look down (which had most of the beauty)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Awesome, awesome! Mt St Helens must be a trip. Wish I could get out west for some backpacking.
Such a different terrain in those young mountains than these ancient vertebrae.

Always blazing trails. I bring a 1/2 oz for a 5 day trip.

DAT

cool, I dig those types of hikes. On the other side of zion at the main park there is trail called Angels Landing. Its a crazy scary trial up a spine to a small flat stone with a 360 degree view in the very center of the park. u have to use the chains to hang on for dear life. and 5000 ft vertical drops just a couple feet on both sides then straight down.. what a rush! . Peeps were terrified attempting that awesome hike. but there was a very cool respect and determination as we supported each other, strangers, in a very special connection to get to the landing at the top.

Attachments

• zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 030.jpg
    zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 030.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 72
  • zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 052.jpg
    zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 052.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77
  • zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 066.jpg
    zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 066.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 73
  • zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 074.jpg
    zion Angles Landing Observation Peak 074.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 80

Former Guest

I had nightmares for a week afterwards. everytime I closed my eyes I would envision it as it wouldn't leave my head and my stomach would turn like a rollercoaster. nauseating :puke: all I could see was the drop down and your balance get shaken even though nothing happened. I think the body naturally does this as an evolutionary reaction so you don't die. at least that is what I tell myself :D

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
some sweet pics yall...I will be adding some soon ...now that I have quit smoking my lungs are slowly clearing and hiking season starts soon....yeehaw

DAT

What are everyone's favorite strains for hiking? I find it has to be just the right strain. Green Crack comes to mind.
Im not too picky. I dont want a heavy Indica though with that lazy body high. I like to go the distance.
My terrain has changed quite a bit since I visited this thread last.
Now I photographing the Oregon Coast. :biggrin: This is about a 5 mile Loop hike beween Blackrock beach and Cape Blanco. It starts off by the Hughes House, follows the River to the Beach.hIKe the beach to Cape Blanco, hike up the cliff and into the coastal forest, through a sheep farm and back to the Hughes house.

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I smoke whatever it is that Ive got. Only extreme heat and rain or the desire to soak in a spot can keep me from moving.

I find that a heavy buzz is really good for zen-ning into a pace - optimizing the relationship between step and breath.

I dig the coastline shot. It brings up images of the Lost Coast. Isnt that in Oregon?

DAT

Lost Coast is in Mendocino Ca. very remote and difficult to get to. I wouldnt mind doing the hike out there one day. There is an Oregon Trail called the O.C.T, the Oregon Coastal Trail. It spans the entire coast of Oregon.. from Astoria (in the North) to Brookings (Southern end)

In the past 3 months We have covered the majority of the coast, having just Brookings and Astoria left, the longest distance away. When my father visits next month, Maybe head to Crater Lake.:woohoo:

This hike yesterday was real pretty.. called Sweet Creek Trail.
Could not finish it due to a very aggressive dog growing his very sharp white teeth at me and his dumb owner who didn't have the strength to hold him back.
It was super hot and humid and although the water and the pools looked inviting, the rocks were to slippery for my comfort.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Is the OCT part of the PCT?

Crater Lake... that's a place I would go to if I had the chance.
Sweet Creek - fitting name.

There are some really nice streams much like that here. The best that Ive seen are at/near Grafton Notch SP. One in particular is very popular and theres no place to hide away. But, if you hike 20-30 minutes up the stream there are no more people and the pools are the size of pools.

Only problem is that all the streams are skin-numbing cold. Jump in - jump out - get warm. Repeat.

Latest posts

Latest posts