What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FEDS JUST BUSTED ANOTHER CALIFORNIA DISPENSARY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Veteran
A San Francisco Medical Marijuana dispensary was just raided by the Feds. Emma Lynn's Collective Cooperative dispensary was raided despite the supposed new attitude towards medical marijuana by the Obama Administration.

A spokesperson claims that the dispensary was operating illegally according to both Federal and State law. According to Attorney General Holder that is still a reason to shut down any medical marijuana operation.

There is a crowd of protesters outside the dispensary at this moment who are unhappy with this action.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuggin fucks!
mabey someday they will quit... I hope I see that day!

bub.

Didn't they hear, what Obama said and did..... LOL Fucking pigs wont listen.

Really, he said not much. He said the feds would honor state law. But that they would still be willing to step in to enforce federal law. So in a sense, he left it wide open.
So when it said the dispensary was still operating outside of federal law, means no bueno for them really....So IMO-someone needs to clarify-maybe on here?-where the state law leaves off, and the federal steps in, since obviously they will be enforcing it...Also IMO, a good example of this would be plant limits. The feds have a stated amount they feel gives them the green light to step in-100-so the state has set it lower(90)...but state law allows caretakers, which would cover obviously more than 100 plants...but the feds say 100-so I kind of figured crap like this was soon to come.....i wonder-did this dispensary offer cuts? I wouldn't see the feds stopping raids of clubs still dealing with street vendors, or stock lots of cuts....but who knows...

Rollin Face

Well if they were actually breaking state law then i can understand the shut down but then again why would they use the fed? IF state regs were broken the state police should have been the ones to intervene.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

LMAO! But Obama said.....

This won't be the last raid. They said they had been "investigating" them, and that they were in violation of state law. So I would assume that they had already been convicted of that violation correct? Eh? No? Then how could they even make that claim.
So now the standard is, if there is an "alleged" violation of state law? Hmmm.
So if the DEA can continue to do surveillance and catch some employees littering, then that's a violation too right? That gives the DEA the green light according to what Holder said.
Holder's statement was intentionally vague, just like prop 215. Anyone that is surprised this happened, or doesn't think it won't continue to happen, you must really be on your dope. Can't wait to see the kool aid drinkers jump to defend their Lord Obama, somehow, I am sure they will lay the blame squarely at the feet of Bush! Just keep telling yourselves that, for the next 4 years LMFAO!
At least w/ previous administrations, (Clinton, Bush), they had enough respect to not LIE TO YOUR FACE! Whether or not you agreed w/ their policies regarding MMJ, they didn't LIE to you, and take you for idiots, which is what Obama and his goons are doing.
"But Obama said....."

BTW, those still facing federal prosecution, can probably tell you that Obama is full of shit. Hence the fact that federal tax dollars are STILL being spent PROSECUTING operators that were operating as per prop 215. Wake up folks.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Well if they were actually breaking state law then i can understand the shut down but then again why would they use the fed? IF state regs were broken the state police should have been the ones to intervene.

Fact of the matter is, they were not convicted of violating any state laws period. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. But apparently the DEA is now the judge, jury, and executioner. From here on out, every time someone is raided, the DEA is just going to claim that they were in violation of state law, one way or the motherfucking other. That's why Holder's statement was very carefully worded, I would go as far to say scripted. And if you ask me, the question in that news conference was planted. It was completely way off topic and out of the blue. Really read, word for word that statement, slowly and out loud. Any dispensary that deals w/ any vendors for meds, is in jeopardy. Think about it. For that matter, technically, state law, does not allow for dispensaries, so technically, they can raid whoever the hell they want.
For example, here in SoCAl, they were talking to an operator currently awaiting trial, about the fact that the vendors he bought from paid no taxes. Nevermind they were not EMPLOYED by the operator, and that they were independent contractors, they were still trying to pin that on him! This was BEFORE Obama took office. Folks, do you see how these people think yet? The policy has not change one bit, and if you believe that it has, and are going to say, "uh well they were violating state law..."
Then I say to you,
"How's the kool aid?"
I bet it tastes like salty brown balls! LOL:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

IKILL3RI

Fact of the matter is, they were not convicted of violating any state laws period. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. But apparently the DEA is now the judge, jury, and executioner. From here on out, every time someone is raided, the DEA is just going to claim that they were in violation of state law, one way or the motherfucking other. That's why Holder's statement was very carefully worded, I would go as far to say scripted. And if you ask me, the question in that news conference was planted. It was completely way off topic and out of the blue. Really read, word for word that statement, slowly and out loud. Any dispensary that deals w/ any vendors for meds, is in jeopardy. Think about it. For that matter, technically, state law, does not allow for dispensaries, so technically, they can raid whoever the hell they want.
For example, here in SoCAl, they were talking to an operator currently awaiting trial, about the fact that the vendors he bought from paid no taxes. Nevermind they were not EMPLOYED by the operator, and that they were independent contractors, they were still trying to pin that on him! This was BEFORE Obama took office. Folks, do you see how these people think yet? The policy has not change one bit, and if you believe that it has, and are going to say, "uh well they were violating state law..."
Then I say to you,
"How's the kool aid?"
I bet it tastes like salty brown balls! LOL:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Your absolutely Right... :yeahthats

outdoe

This won't be the last raid. They said they had been "investigating" them, and that they were in violation of state law. So I would assume that they had already been convicted of that violation correct? Eh? No? Then how could they even make that claim.
So now the standard is, if there is an "alleged" violation of state law? Hmmm.
So if the DEA can continue to do surveillance and catch some employees littering, then that's a violation too right? That gives the DEA the green light according to what Holder said.
Holder's statement was intentionally vague, just like prop 215. Anyone that is surprised this happened, or doesn't think it won't continue to happen, you must really be on your dope. Can't wait to see the kool aid drinkers jump to defend their Lord Obama, somehow, I am sure they will lay the blame squarely at the feet of Bush! Just keep telling yourselves that, for the next 4 years LMFAO!
At least w/ previous administrations, (Clinton, Bush), they had enough respect to not LIE TO YOUR FACE! Whether or not you agreed w/ their policies regarding MMJ, they didn't LIE to you, and take you for idiots, which is what Obama and his goons are doing.
"But Obama said....."

BTW, those still facing federal prosecution, can probably tell you that Obama is full of shit. Hence the fact that federal tax dollars are STILL being spent PROSECUTING operators that were operating as per prop 215. Wake up folks.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Do you think they wouldnt have got busted if Bush was President?

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Do you think they wouldnt have got busted if Bush was President?

Here we go.
First, you need to read the post again, or have someone else read it for you.
Second, if you want to go there, Bush was president, and they did not get busted.
Third, that's not at all what I was saying. You missed the point entirely.:wallbash:
Put the fucking kool aid down, and listen.
Bush stated his position, right or wrong.
Obama, is intentionally being deceptive on the issue and misleading you. He made a very vague statement (actually his AG did) that "could" have been interpreted in many ways, he did this because he doesn't want to upset the pro-cannabis contingency within his grass roots support, while allowing for nothing to actually change. If you really comprehend what the position of the administration said, then you would realize that they are going to continue raids, while using various half assed scape goats. All the while telling ignorant turds that aren't capable of formulating their own thoughts, that they are very accepting of MMJ, and will let by gones be by gones.
Crystal clear enough for you now.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Your absolutely Right... :yeahthats
I hope that you aren't referring to the flavor of the drink LOL!:yoinks:
Just kidding man. I just fail to understand how people could not see this coming a mile away you know! Fucking nutz!:fsu:

One Love 731

Veteran

At least w/ previous administrations, (Clinton, Bush), they had enough respect to not LIE TO YOUR FACE!

I was behind you until this part, then I noticed there wasn't any room back there. I cant even see you past bush with his drawers down:moon:
and to think when reading I thought I would be using this symbol :yeahthats
Karma, One Love

Barack Obama is looking more and more like his buddy Rod Blagojevich every day.

Until cannabis is re-scheduled and FEDERAL laws are changed, Obama and Holder can talk all they want but it won't change those laws. Sure, they could try to fire DEA agents and supervisors etc. that go ahead and do these raids, but good luck making those firings stand up with their union protection and the law to back them up. Shades of the Bush AG department right there too, firing based on political opinions instead of what the laws say.

Getting fired for enforcing laws on the books? Not gonna happen in any obvious way. The entire "atmosphere" and culture at these agencies will need to change, and that will not happen over night, or even within a year. Those are professionals in their jobs for decades sometimes, and they aren't going to lay off just because some rookie politician thinks he's above federal law. Their main job, like all government jobs, is to protect their own job and create more jobs so they can do less. We have thousands of fervent drug warriors on the government payrolls and it is almost impossible to get rid of them. It is impossible when you never cut their budgets.

How many ticky tacky state laws can be violated? A person could spend their entire lives reading all the California and federal laws and not get through them. If you are looking for sanity from Obama, he doesn't have it.

I think it's pretty obvious that Obama is getting a stark reminder about the rule of law, and that he is not above it, from the DEA. What is he going to do, fire them? The law is on the DEA's side in this one, I'm sorry to say. Barack Obama is ignoring the rule of law, much like Bush and most of the idiots before him, by thinking he has the authority to over-rule Congress and the courts.

Let this piss you off and remind you that federal laws must be changed and that believing politicians is insane.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

At least w/ previous administrations, (Clinton, Bush), they had enough respect to not LIE TO YOUR FACE!

I was behind you until this part, then I noticed there wasn't any room back there. I cant even see you past bush with his drawers down:moon:
and to think when reading I thought I would be using this symbol :yeahthats
Karma, One Love

Point is, I can respect people that "HONESTLY" disagree w/ me. I have 0 respect for anyone that is going to lie to my face, no matter how attractive the lie, or how much it sounds like something I want to hear. Which apparently the vast majority of folks here have no problem with. IMO. If someone honestly disagrees w/ you, that person will still listen to you. The liar will not, and is only concerned about their own agenda. I was not saying that I supported Bush or Clinton anti-MMJ policies, obviously none of us would. But my beef, is w/ the folks that have some blind devotion to Obama, no matter how blatant the lie is. For example, Holder's statement on the administrations policy. They are simply taking advantage of stupid people.:2cents: Even though Bush AND Clinton both disagreed w/ us, they had respect for us. When someone LIES to you, they have no respect for you whatsoever.

AppleFarmer

they had a giant grow in the basement of the building...they were having patients sign away their right to grow their own and in return giving them 3-4 ounces free a couple of times a year, when in fact, the amount of weed harvested off that one patients plants was much much more. These guys really liked to make money...but then again most of us do too.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Barack Obama is looking more and more like his buddy Rod Blagojevich every day.

Until cannabis is re-scheduled and FEDERAL laws are changed, Obama and Holder can talk all they want but it won't change those laws. Sure, they could try to fire DEA agents and supervisors etc. that go ahead and do these raids, but good luck making those firings stand up with their union protection and the law to back them up. Shades of the Bush AG department right there too, firing based on political opinions instead of what the laws say.

Getting fired for enforcing laws on the books? Not gonna happen in any obvious way. The entire "atmosphere" and culture at these agencies will need to change, and that will not happen over night, or even within a year. Those are professionals in their jobs for decades sometimes, and they aren't going to lay off just because some rookie politician thinks he's above federal law. Their main job, like all government jobs, is to protect their own job and create more jobs so they can do less. We have thousands of fervent drug warriors on the government payrolls and it is almost impossible to get rid of them. It is impossible when you never cut their budgets.

How many ticky tacky state laws can be violated? A person could spend their entire lives reading all the California and federal laws and not get through them. If you are looking for sanity from Obama, he doesn't have it.

I think it's pretty obvious that Obama is getting a stark reminder about the rule of law, and that he is not above it, from the DEA. What is he going to do, fire them? The law is on the DEA's side in this one, I'm sorry to say. Barack Obama is ignoring the rule of law, much like Bush and most of the idiots before him, by thinking he has the authority to over-rule Congress and the courts.

Let this piss you off and remind you that federal laws must be changed and that believing politicians is insane.

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

You could probably say this 50 different ways until you are blue in the face, and most people will not get it. You are 100% correct. Too many are too quick to find any reason to justify supporting a completely intolerable leader IMO. Just go back and read the thread about Holder's statement and see if you don't believe me! TRUE BELIEVERS EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE SURROUNDING US BOBBLEHEADJED! :1help:
And people wonder why cannabis as a political issue has not advanced since it's prohibition, just look at those carrying the torch. They will shout down people like you and I, all the while continuing to successfully squander and waste energy, effort, and time, running backwards uphill.
Too bad.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

they had a giant grow in the basement of the building...they were having patients sign away their right to grow their own and in return giving them 3-4 ounces free a couple of times a year, when in fact, the amount of weed harvested off that one patients plants was much much more. These guys really liked to make money...but then again most of us do too.

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but this is the type of thing they certainly can use. Any ticky tacky state laws they can find a violation of, and voila, they get their adrenaline rush for the day and bonus on their taxpayer paycheck at the end of the month.

You must starve the best. Take their money away, not give them a buttload more of it like Obama just did.

Did you know Obama was responsible for the legislation that made Illinois the first state to outlaw ephedrine and the ephedra plant? Barack Obama introduced and championed that bill. (Not a ephedrine endorsement, but putting people in cages for only harming themsleves and not others is against my "religion".) Obama's name was on most of the drug war expansion legislation passed in Illinois since 1998, especially the laws requiring cold medicine to be locked up. Barack Obama is a drug warrior. Always has been, always will be. He never lifted a finger from 1998-2004 for medical marijauan in Illinois and he was personally asked to, and his Democrats haven't needed a single Republican vote to pass it since 2002. Judge him by what he has done and is doing, not by what he says, cause he is a liar just like a politician needs to be get the idiots votes. And don't be an idiot.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
My Rant !!

Obama is a master at deception for sure. He tells us what we want to hear and does the complete opposite every time. He's been doing that for years as a senator. We tried to tell those damn supporters he brainwashed but they just wouldn't listen.

Obama is just trying to appease the "druggies" with his bullshit lies just long enough to gain total dictatorship control. Check the laws he's passing, Its a massive power grab happening at lightning speed and all this crap is nothing but a diversion. I can just hear him with his goons saying...... "Let them worry about the raids on clubs and AIG bonuses while we fuck em in the ass".

If ya don't believe that............your a fool !! It's all over the news. Just open your eyes.

Obama IS NOT on our side. He's been fuckin us since day 1 and the sooner we all realize this the better off we're all gonna be. He is easily the biggest mistake this country has ever made and he will go down in history as the man who brought us down.

America voted for a dictator..................(Search for HB 1388 on google)

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

You could probably say this 50 different ways until you are blue in the face, and most people will not get it. You are 100% correct. Too many are too quick to find any reason to justify supporting a completely intolerable leader IMO. Just go back and read the thread about Holder's statement and see if you don't believe me! TRUE BELIEVERS EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE SURROUNDING US BOBBLEHEADJED! :1help:
And people wonder why cannabis as a political issue has not advanced since it's prohibition, just look at those carrying the torch. They will shout down people like you and I, all the while continuing to successfully squander and waste energy, effort, and time, running backwards uphill.
Too bad.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I know, I get too worked up when I see people fall for the political speak and lies of politicians that have created more poverty in this country and the world than we have seen in 75 years. We've gone backwards and the drug war is a large reason why.

Barack Obama taught Constitutional Law at the U of Chicago. He is actually right and could justify firing DEA agents, but he would then be taking on the Congress and SCOTUS. They needed an amendment to outlaw alcohol. The same could (and should) hold true for cannabis. Obama could claim federal law in unconsitutional and it is a 10th Amendment issue and he would be right in the framer's idea of how things were suppose to worked. But Obama hasn't done that, he has taken the slimey Bush route of undermining laws with his Presidential "authority" instead of changing them.

My Rant !!

Obama is a master at deception for sure. He tells us what we want to hear and does the complete opposite every time. He's been doing that for years as a senator. We tried to tell those damn supporters he brainwashed but they just wouldn't listen.

Obama is just trying to appease the "druggies" with his bullshit lies just long enough to gain total dictatorship control. Check the laws he's passing, Its a massive power grab happening at lightning speed and all this crap is nothing but a diversion. I can just hear him with his goons saying...... "Let them worry about the raids on clubs and AIG bonuses while we fuck em in the ass".

If ya don't believe that............your a fool !! It's all over the news. Just open your eyes.

Obama IS NOT on our side. He's been fuckin us since day 1 and the sooner we all realize this the better off we're all gonna be. He is easily the biggest mistake this country has ever made and he will go down in history as the man who brought us down.

America voted for a dictator..................(Search for HB 1388 on google)

Right on Pirate.

Obama is from Chicago. He knows all about dictators, and endorses them every chance he gets. (Daley, Stroger, Madigan, Blagojevich) Obama's old St. Senate district is one of the highest taxed places on earth, with some of the highest poverty rates. They pay 15% tax on electricity in his district, the highest sales tax in the US, the highest tobacco tax in the US, the highest phone tax in the US, the highest cable tax in the US, and less than 50% of students entering high school graduate. He DID NOTHING to help them or change anything in his district, it only got worse while he was in office. So they gave him a promotion to President cause he didn't complain when nothing was being done for the people in his district or in Illinois? Sad, sad, sad, that people buy into his crap without even lifting a finger to learn anything about him. I just don't get how people can fall for the hype when the reality proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.