Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 PM #31
Passenger101

Passenger101 is on a distinguished road
One last thing:
Passenger101 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 02:57 PM #32
Passenger101

So I recently asked Ace Seeds and World of Seeds about some of their THCV strains. They both responded very quickly.

Ace said that their testing company only recently became able to test for THCV. They did say, “Our Bangi Haze x Ethiopian hybrid produces close to 0,3 % of THCV.”
And also that
“Tikal and Zamaldelica also contain a bit of THCV.”
I told them that I would check back with the into next year as they get data on other strains.
They were very pleasant and helpful in their corespondence.

World of Seeds mentioned that they believe their Kilimanjaro and Kwazulu have higher THCV levels. I’m still waiting for a response on percentages, if they currently have them. World of Seeds was also very friendly and pleasant to deal with.
I’m reaching out to other breeders also and I’ll keep you posted.

Roy

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:52 PM #33
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Hi Passenger101,

The reply you got from us via email is correct. It has been only 1-2 years since our local lab can detect THCV in their analysis, and so far we haven't found parental plants from our genepool with remarkable THCV content, only in traces or small amounts (0.5 % or lesser). Maybe doing cannabinoid analysis to very big populations will show specific individuals with more remarkable THCV content, but since we don't have a lab in our facilities yet (hopefully this will change in the future) we must pay to external labs for the analyses, which is expensive, so we mainly analyze the main parental plants we use to breed or to produce our seeds.

I'm far to be an expert on the rarer cannabinoids, but as far as i know there are higher chances to find higher quantities of THCV and from other rarer cannabinoids in hemp or wild cannabis populations rather than in the mainstream marijuana genepool that 99 % of the western people grows and smokes. Recent scientific studies state that modern western marijuana genepool has been strongly bred towards pure THC chemotypes, being almost deactivated for the production of CBD and other cannabinoids. The introduction of CBD rich strains in mainstream western marijuana genepool is relatively recent (less than 15 years).

I'm very interested to learn more about the properties of THCV and how it interacts on the overall effect and with the other cannabinoids and terpenes. But we must approach this from a scientific point of view based on proofs and well done statistical studies, and not in assumptions, prejudices or personal desires. I'm really tired of reading people saying 'THCV is the ultimate cannabinoid' or that 'THCV is the element that produces the trippy effects in the best sativas', and 99.99 % of this people has never tried pure THCV, neither a THCV rich marijuana (with a cannabinoid analysis that proves it), so please don't count with me to keep spreading this kind of non sense rumours without any scientific proof. I'm not saying THCV is useless .... but as far as i have discussed with other very knowledgeable people about it seems THCV has a delayed effect and some of its effects are antagonists of THC effects (like munchies, THC increases it, THCV decreases it).

So let's be honest about it, let's forget our own prejudices/philias and what others have said about THCV with out any scientifical proof, so our minds can be clear and open to see the truth (based on science) on it.
dubi is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:38 PM #34
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passenger101 View Post
So I recently asked Ace Seeds and World of Seeds about some of their THCV strains. They both responded very quickly.

Ace said that their testing company only recently became able to test for THCV. They did say, “Our Bangi Haze x Ethiopian hybrid produces close to 0,3 % of THCV.”
And also that
“Tikal and Zamaldelica also contain a bit of THCV.”
I told them that I would check back with the into next year as they get data on other strains.
They were very pleasant and helpful in their corespondence.

World of Seeds mentioned that they believe their Kilimanjaro and Kwazulu have higher THCV levels. I’m still waiting for a response on percentages, if they currently have them. World of Seeds was also very friendly and pleasant to deal with.
I’m reaching out to other breeders also and I’ll keep you posted.

Roy
Next time you talk to WOS ask them about the authenticity of their landrace strains. I have almost ordered some a few times but I find more negative reviews than good ones. Most of which claim they are most likely hybrids.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2018, 07:44 AM #35
Passenger101

Exclamation More THCV

I would like to thank Dubi for the reply.

I too agree that we should not jump to any conclusions regarding how any one, or the synergy of cannabinoids effects an individual. One can obtain fairly isolated THC and CBD products and then experiment on oneself with various combinations of the two and document the effects. Also CBN is becoming more readily available, so individuals can add that to see how it changes their over all experience and hopefully find a combination that works best for their individual needs or moods. This is why I am interested in finding a fairly concentrated source of THCV, just to study how it’s inclusion changes the effects of the other cannibinoids. It just seems to be an exciting time in history where we are getting a better understanding of the interaction of these substances and having the ability to tailor them to our own individual preferences.

I may have another lead on a THCV rich strain, and I will keep you all abreast if it pans out.

Roy

2 members found this post helpful.