What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with nutes

Hot-Rod

Hi everyone. The only nutes I can get hold here in my country are peters. Are they suitable for hydro? The guy who sold them to me said yes but some fellow growers say they are not for hydro, as in unsuitable. Any light on this subject? Thanks.

BudLove

Welp, if the nute is not specifically designed for hydro then it's best not to bother with it. Example, at some hardware stores you can buy liquid fertilizers... these are NOT suitable for hydro and if Peter's falls into this category than ya have your answer.

Check around the web, there are a ton of sites that will ship almost anywhere!

OR... go with soil and use stuff from your local stores.

BL

Wait...What?

Veteran
Peters 20-20-20 with micronutrients will work just fine in dwc.

You don't want that much N in flower, nor do you need that much P in veg. Its a general fertilizer for flowers and vegetables in soil. That isn't to say that you cannot grow with it, because you can. You'll just not get the best results.

Last edited:

Hot-Rod

OK People, thanks for the input, I´ll wait a bit more and import some specific nutes for hydro, so I will get the best results. The problem is, right now I don´t have the $$$ as the import taxes here are around 70%. Say if i but some U$ 20,00 in nutes plus shipping around U$30,00 totalling U$ 50,00 when it arrives here, I will have to pay about U$ 35 more, as the import tax includes shipping, can you believe? 85 bucks final price for just one nutrient is a bit too stiff, but I will save money and go ahead! Soil is fine but I am done with it.