What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sleep problems

sherlockk

i end up stayin up till like atleast 4 in the mornin on a daily basis.. and smokin dont do a thing anymore.. i just end up sitting up thinkin if i dont sleep.. anyone have any ideas on how to get to sleep?.. anyone do any meditation stuff or anything like that.. thankssssss bros.

sherlockk

im not into that pill stuff.. u do anything like u kno.. natural that doesnt include medicine.. i just find anything will well.. build a dependance

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
you have to go to bed at a good hour

To facilitate that I get up early every day, between 530 and 6 am, I am ready for bed by 10 pm again

You have to break the cycle you are stuck in

As for your mind racing, you are probably feeling guilty about something, keeps popping back into you head

R

Raistlin Majere

what do you do during the day ?
i find a day filled with activities helps me to sleep at night
if i just bum around i'll sleep when ever i crawl into bed
make yourself tired
and like DD said get up early a couple days (no naps)
you will want to go to bed earlier after a day or two of that
then just keep it up skip sleep for a day if you have to

good luck

willostat

I had insomnia for a couple months. what a nightmare. the keys ive found:
-there is something unresolved sitting there nagging you especially jobs, or lack of, and financial issues
-scheduled daily routine(structure) is essential, preferably on a 1st shift schedule
-cut out as many drugs as possible, restore brain chemistry
yes even weed I know this wont be popular here but your screwing with your brain chemistry when you puff all the time, I was chronic and when weed/hash only lasts 20 minutes on the best shit its time to take a break. the first month EVERYTHING will be boring.
-regular exercise, no over exercise
-healthy diet, raw unprocessed foods, no eating before bed
-cut/reduce caffeine alcohol and nicotine

you could have GAD generalized anxiety disorder. or an adrenaline addiction
-to get my mind to shut up, I use body scan meditation while laying in bed. there are audio clips for free on the net after a few listens wont need em anymore.

just imagine you are a farmer in the 1800's go natural, sleep when the sun is down rise with it. they didnt have ambien,or tv in the bedroom or some computer with highspeed net access or junk foods and they managed. Although opioid tinctures were available to them (soothing syrups,narcotics etc) The prescriptions can be a nice temporary fix but thats what they should remain, just temporary to get back on track.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Have you checked your bloodpressure ? I have hypertension..very high bloodpressure. I am up late most nights and my mind races like hell.

Working out helps..sex helps..or maybe a ''hit you with a brick!'' indica would do the job ?

vavwl

Is it that your not sleeping? Or is it that you have just shifted your sleeping hours to the morning? When I worked afternoons I was stuck in the pattern of sleeping in the mornings. One day you just have to skip sleeping, or only get a couple hours. By the end of the day don't fight sleeping just go to bed. Your body will adjust.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
sherlockk said:
i end up stayin up till like atleast 4 in the mornin on a daily basis.. and smokin dont do a thing anymore.. i just end up sitting up thinkin if i dont sleep.. anyone have any ideas on how to get to sleep?.. anyone do any meditation stuff or anything like that.. thankssssss bros.

Melatonin, 5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine, is a naturally occurring hormone found in most animals and some of other living organisms, including algae and humans, at levels that vary in a daily cycle. It plays a role in the regulation of the circadian rhythm of several biological functions.

Products containing either or both of isolated or synthesized melatonin have been available as a health supplement in the United States since 1993, and met with good consumer acceptance and enthusiasm. However, over-the-counter sales remain illegal in many other countries including some members of the European Union and New Zealand, and the U.S. Postal Service lists melatonin among items prohibited by Germany.

Melatonin is available without prescription in most cases in the United States and Canada, while it is available only by prescription or not at all in some other countries. The hormone is available as oral supplements (capsules, tablets or liquid) and transdermal, the "melatonin sleep patch".

Sold as a dietary supplement in the USA, not as a drug, often in health food and other grocery stores and some drug stores, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations that apply to medications currently are not applicable to melatonin.

Melatonin is practically nontoxic and, so far, appears to exhibit almost no short-term side effects when healthy people take it at very low doses. No studies have as yet been conducted to determine whether there are any long-term side effects. There are, however, case reports about patients who have taken the supplement for years.

A new study by MIT scientists and colleagues confirms that melatonin is an effective sleep aid.

In earlier research, scientists led by Professor Richard Wurtman, principal investigator for the current study, showed that only a small dose of melatonin (about 0.3 milligrams) is necessary for a restful effect. Taken in that quantity, it not only helps people fall asleep, but also makes it easier for them to return to sleep after waking up during the night.

Hope that helps. P.S.-it's a naturally occurring hormone in the body. Sometimes our biochemistry is screwed up, there were some studies that showed hallucinogens and other drugs can mess up the natural balance of these hormones in the body (desensitize us to them). Occasional use of this product has helpful benefits. You should never HAVE to take anything long term...especially something like Ambien.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
fuk taking sleeping pills... ambien is not good for you. you can become addicted to sleepin pills and reliant on them to sleep... thats not what you want
make sure you don't eat any sweets or anything with caffine or sugar in it before bed. a healthy diet might solve your sleeping disorder. in fact i wouldn't eat 2 hours before i plan on sleeping. i had problems sleeping and it was mostly dietary.
try exercising or doing some sort of physical activity every day
get on a sleep schedule
dont worry about things that are going to stress you out before bed
warm milk always helped me. it contains almino acids to help ya sleep. or you can drink some chamomile tea but dont add any sugar
take a warm shower

Last edited:
G

I have to take Rozerem and be blasted then its still hard to sleep then I just make myself get up early and do it all again the next night?

ambien can cause severe hallucinaoutions and sleep walking episodes not fun when your wife or husband does this in the middle of the night.

there are lots of supplements out there which will help.
One product in particular that's incredibly strong is called 'Liquid Relaxation' by german/american technologies. It's liquid and a tiny bit can be intense.

It will put you in a deep rem sleep and you will have crazy dreams and most likely not wake up until the next morning.

If you don't over due it you will feel great and refreshed.
If you take too much y ou will feel like a zombie.

The most natural thing is to wake up earlier.
Cut out stimulants

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I used to stay up that late, if not later for about 3 years... then I stayed up 36 hours and crashed at a decent hour...kept with it and now I get up between 8 and 11...I feel a hell of a lot better too. try it..

sherlockk

yeah i really dont feel like takin sleepin pills.. i did a LOT of mushrooms over the summer.. and yeah i got a ton of shit on my mind. i do sleep.. but usually not till like 8 in the mornin.. ill try to sleep about 2-3 times a night.. for like 30-45 minutes.. but it dont work.. so im commin clean for a while.. no weed.. no alc.. i just quit smokin cigs.. thanks for all the replys..all the info really helps.. and it helps to kno u arent the only one who cant sleep. im def. givin the clean thing a try.. i mean i still love bud.. but.. it used to put me to sleep.. so id smokke it before bed every night.. or just drink some beers.. or both.. and now they just keep me up. habits are bad so im workin on it.

thanks for all the replys tho.. take care.

G

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

That's a wiki article about the sleep problem you are describing. I've had it my entire life, far back as I can remember. I'm just wide awake from 9pm to 4-5am, no matter what I do during the day or when I got up. I sleep like a baby after that, so it isn't insomnia, my body just won't goddamn let me sleep until 4-5 am.

I use ambien 2-3 times a week, just to catch some good down time. I use 50-75mg of benadryl other days, makes me really sleepy but sometimes doesn't kick in for 2 hours, if at all. I use weed when I have it, and it is good sleepy weed. I have an afghani line I've played with for a few years that I specifically selected for it's ability to put me down.. It's very hard for me to grow though, not the plants, but because of my situation.

I hope you get yourself reset, It's like having a serious fucking handicap, that nobody takes seriously, you are just constantly in dead ass zombie mode, getting to sleep at 4am, and getting up at 7am, and having to be "ON" for work/family/etc..

My blood pressure goes nuts as well with these bad sleep patterns, 3 days of taking ambien can drop it by 20-40%. Sleep works wonders, I start to get terrible heart palpitations after a week of being 'clean' and just roughing it. The lack of sleep will kill me long before any of these meds will.

Sorry for you man, I hope you get it sorted out better than I. I wasted so much time thinking I was just lazy and could will my way through, or wasn't meditating or relaxing enough. Nope. It's some kinda fucked up brain chemistry issue, and the only way around it, for me anyway, is help from drugs like ambien, pot, and benadryl (rozerem did nothing for me, never tried lunesta).

Good luck mang!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wake up at 5 in the morning every day and dont go to sleep until nightime. Do this enough and you'll be able to sleep. Also dont eat to much before bed. Good luck yo.

Kirby

sherlockk said:

of course meditating before going to sleep will help calm your mind. I suggest trying L-Tryptophan & Melatonin. Valerian Root helps, too...you can make herbal tea and drink 20 mins before you hit the sack...Valerian root, catnip, kava, chamomile, linden.

T

twisted treez

i wonder if your really up or your constantly being woke up , ive had that problem alot and i think its stuff on my mind but i dont like blazin right before bed with KB , because its to strong to go to bed on for me anyways , alot of people have this problem even if they dont blaze

E

EatCannabisRaw

cut back on stimulants...

that would include:
caffeine
tobacco
and probably weed (although i'm not super sure)

try to establish consistent wake and bed time. first thing u do when you wake up, go out and gaze in direction of sun if you can... to reset the clock.

make sure you exercise during the day and really get the adrenaline out of your body from stress...

i'd second the fact that when you are worrying about financial stuff its hard to sleep...for sure

Latest posts

Latest posts