What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Avoiding Sorbates? Found an interesting link today from 2010

X

xavier7995

I wonder if thats whats wrong with everyones butts at work. Holy shit that is some foul smelling poo when i go in there.

I dont intentionally try to avoid foods really, but over the years i have gotten to the point that yeah...i just dont eat much in the way of processed stuff. Nearly everything gets made from scratch, not for health reasons but because i think it tastes better. Im just a hedonist, not a nutritionist.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I have pretty rare blood, O negative universal donor blood. The negative or positive in blood type references similarity to monkey blood, I joke that im an alien lol. If an RH positive man gets an RH negative woman pregnant her immune system will attack and destroy the fetus like its a virus without medical aide. I also avoid people like the plague lol.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I wonder if thats whats wrong with everyones butts at work. Holy shit that is some foul smelling poo when i go in there.
Yep, that's what it is. When it's the right food, it digests fine and doesn't smell bad at all.

I dont intentionally try to avoid foods really, but over the years i have gotten to the point that yeah...i just dont eat much in the way of processed stuff. Nearly everything gets made from scratch, not for health reasons but because i think it tastes better. Im just a hedonist, not a nutritionist.
Well, in my opinion it definitely tastes better as well. The main issue people have is the 'crack' their tastebuds are on. It can take a week for people to start appreciating the taste of real food. Their bodies/minds are programmed around it.

I have the rarest blood combination possible ~7% of the population. O negative universal donor blood and im RH negative (rhesus negative meaning i have no primate dna), I joke that im an alien constantly lol. If i get a normal person pregnant my immune system will attack and destroy the fetus like its a virus...I also avoid people like the plague lol
Wow! that's rather rare. :) Question... does your stomach hurt or do you have other issues if you eat a LOT of pure honey? What about pure maple syrup?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Wow! that's rather rare. :) Question... does your stomach hurt or do you have other issues if you eat a LOT of pure honey? What about pure maple syrup?

Found this reading more today, So AB Negative is the rarest at ~1%, B negative at ~2% and AB postive at ~3%. AB postive is the universal receiver, it can take any blood type opposite of the O negative universal donor to any type. (I edited my above post):

picture.php

Im not sure to be honest I have a really healthy digestive system though, Id have to try (dont like the idea haha). Ive had peculiar eating habits since young and avoid sweet/salty things by nature especially meat (related heavily to introversion anatomy, Im really sensitive to sugar, caffeine, adrenaline. testosterone, serotonin and dopamine IE: intense effect rapid onset...). My mom has told me its not surprising because when she was pregnant with me all she craved was mixed vegetable trays all the time lol (my mom eats like crap usually lol).

My senses are definitely heightened over most people, the thought of the intense sweetness of honey/syrup makes my face muscles naturally make the yuck/sour face. Im the first person to smell stale/bad bread or fruit/vegetables in the kitchen/fridge every time or ph change in soil haha. I hate artificial smells/flavors and especially touching people (have no problem getting hands dirty with animal shit and compost though). Aerosol sprays/perfumes are disgusting (because it covers the natural smells/pheromones people put off eliminating one of our best senses for awareness). I dont use soap when i shower and shampoo my hair like twice a week. People have told me my sweat smells like green tea lol (from eating clean and exercising regularly), I still use deodorant and toothpaste regularly though.

Have you heard about how most of physical attraction is smell related to do with immune system compatibility? Check this crazy shit out...

My mom O negative.
I have an older sister and younger brother same blood type, we all 3 have different dads.
All 3 of our dads were also the same blood type!
Even trippier the next person my dad married and had a kid with was the same blood type and my third sibling half sister is the same blood type...

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran
I dont use soap when i shower and shampoo my hair like twice a week. People have told me my sweat smells like green tea lol (from eating clean and exercising regularly), I still use deodorant and toothpaste regularly though.

Interesting read. I gave up showering about a year ago because of all the poisons in tap water. Our skin has a microbiome just like our gut, and chems in the water, especially chlorine, wipe it out every time we shower, which can have negative health consequences, and the body absorbs more of these chemicals when showering in hot water. After a few weeks of not showering the microbiome becomes healthy again and you just don't smell anymore, or more to the point, you smell awesome. A friend told me I smell like fresh air, green trees and pixies. I live a really physical outdoor life and my sweat smells so good. I suspect we've been brainwashed into spending money on harsh soaps that strip the natural oils from our bodies and then some people even buy moisturisers to replace them. My skin has never felt so smooth or looked healthier. Your hair reacts the same way.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Our skin has a microbiome just like our gut, and chems in the water, especially chlorine, wipe it out every time we shower, which can have negative health consequences, and the body absorbs more of these chemicals when showering in hot water. After a few weeks of not showering the microbiome becomes healthy again and you just don't smell anymore, or more to the point, you smell awesome. A friend told me I smell like fresh air, green trees and pixies. I live a really physical outdoor life and my sweat smells so good. I suspect we've been brainwashed into spending money on harsh soaps that strip the natural oils from our bodies

Being too clean can weaken the immune system's overall resistance and increases your chances of getting sick. Drinking the chlorine/chloramine in tap water has been linked to digestive problems/cancers as well as alcohol (no surprise as they are eradicating the gut micro life). I grew up mostly on well water, there are alot of wells around Wa it seems.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Every single solitary, young and weirdly, strongly sick person I've ever met has been the AB blood type. Many of them are turned off of red meat, because of growing up on the poor quality beef so readily available. They need good quality lamb and goat and wild red meat, it makes their seizures go away for a while. ;)

Ibechillin, you sound a LOT like me in the sensitivities department. It's disgusting to be able to feel and taste the fabric softener from some kid's shirt, an aisle away in a store. Because mom used 2 sheets in the dryer or double fabric softener in the wash.

The skin is the largest absorbing organ in your body. WHY would you coat it in the oils fabric softener is made from? The daily trip to the local laundry is just disgusting. I can literally taste it on my exhale for 15 to 30 minutes after leaving. I can feel it, but nobody else but my kid can. Amazingly disgusting chemicals. I'd rather smell good ole fashioned horse manure over 99% of the 'fragrances' available today in foods and whatever.

Do glade plug-in and similar product chemicals bind to sorbates? I'm thinking I should start using every known detox method, going through them one by one. lol

I'd like to try the no-shower think Mick. :) I've read about this before. Currently I don't have any issues there as long as I keep my food choices correct. I have a rather nice and pleasant musky aroma. lol :)

Mick

Veteran
I'd like to try the no-shower think Mick. :) I've read about this before. Currently I don't have any issues there as long as I keep my food choices correct. I have a rather nice and pleasant musky aroma. lol :)
Getting your lifestyle and diet right is the difference between surviving and thriving imo. You seem like an open minded guy, so why not give it a go.
I eat an organic high fat, low carb Paleo diet and I feel like I'm on fire, in a good way. So no grains, dairy or processed foods. My body feels awesome with heaps of energy and my moods are super stable. It turned out to be the missing piece of the puzzle. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a spring in their step and a smile on their dial.

St. Phatty

The skin is the largest absorbing organ in your body. WHY would you coat it in the oils fabric softener is made from?

And it is a Permeable membrane.

e.g. if you've ever had a relative in a Hospice, living with pain ... Morphine patch, absorbed through the skin.

Some cannabis folks have to have researched, topical preparations to allow skin absorption of Cannabinoids.

I know some people rub Cann. extracts on their skin.

Latest posts

Latest posts