What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the earliest OGs???

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just hit a couple bowls of what was supposed to be the "True OG", whatever that is. Good tasting stuff.

I have "Humbolt OG" running now and it structures nothing like any of the hybrids I have done so far. Stretchy, long leaf stems.

​​​​​​​Did you ever straighten out those beans Mr.Jetlife175?

soopy

Veteran
JetLife175 I've always wondered, or had a suspicion that, if the Oaksterdam “OG Kush” ended up being renamed “True OG” ....cause in the catalogue, I have it somewhere....just need to track it down, they list their OG as “true OG from SoCal...”, or something to that effect. I remember it being an awesome OG, it had that unmistakable OG nose, pure gas/Kush/funk with a tiny bit of “lemon/citrus” that was as close to a recognizable “pure OG” nose around in readily available clone form at the time, and had that equally unmistakable “uppy/coke-esque” high with the “thousand yard stare” that set in within 30 min of toking, that then set into a heavy, floaty, “OG” high that lasted for a good 1.5-2 hours..... everyone at the time hated on it cause it was a “readily available clone” and therefore must not be any good (as the reasoning goes), but to this day, it is still one of the best “OG” cuts I’ve ever grown....and I’ve worked in the Sac area clubs/outfits since ‘09 till today.....did the “true OG” moniker, as we know it now, pop up before then (‘08-‘10)?
I know for a fact that one of the more popular clubs in the area renamed the Oaksterdam OG many different names and sold clones for UNREAL prices....with lines out the door....oh “the days”.....lol.

quiescent

JetLife175 I've always wondered, or had a suspicion that, if the Oaksterdam “OG Kush” ended up being renamed “True OG” ....cause in the catalogue, I have it somewhere....just need to track it down, they list their OG as “true OG from SoCal...”, or something to that effect. I remember it being an awesome OG, it had that unmistakable OG nose, pure gas/Kush/funk with a tiny bit of “lemon/citrus” that was as close to a recognizable “pure OG” nose around in readily available clone form at the time, and had that equally unmistakable “uppy/coke-esque” high with the “thousand yard stare” that set in within 30 min of toking, that then set into a heavy, floaty, “OG” high that lasted for a good 1.5-2 hours..... everyone at the time hated on it cause it was a “readily available clone” and therefore must not be any good (as the reasoning goes), but to this day, it is still one of the best “OG” cuts I’ve ever grown....and I’ve worked in the Sac area clubs/outfits since ‘09 till today.....did the “true OG” moniker, as we know it now, pop up before then (‘08-‘10)?
I know for a fact that one of the more popular clubs in the area renamed the Oaksterdam OG many different names and sold clones for UNREAL prices....with lines out the door....oh “the days”.....lol.

was that the dispensary that sold the "planet" cuts?

Dankwolf

All OG strains that I have seen / had were early to show yet flowered longer then one would expect. Maybe due to temps .some strains just don’t mature properly at my latitude outdoors.

if I wanted a earlier og I would pick a simi auto flower strain that is easily identified ( no smell , sativa structure , and is pm /mold resistant ) and look for the og dom plant in the f1 stock and run her . .

just a thought .

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How does the Loompa Headband fit into the picture .. ? Reason I’m asking because it has that gas fuel funk with a touch of lemon… that’s a perfect description

JetLife175

Veteran
How does the Loompa Headband fit into the picture .. ? Reason I’m asking because it has that gas fuel funk with a touch of lemon… that’s a perfect description

It’s a OG cut that made its way to NY very early on and loompa sourced it from a crew there. He used to call it Underdog OG

George

Just some OG info. “Oaksterdam OG” got renamed to “No-Cross OG” at Green Dragon. They list it as “Josh D” but if you read the comments they call it that cause they said he helped spread it? They no longer sell it. Idk if that means the original cut cause he did help spread it, or if they mean a completely different cut but I don’t see why he would be known for a hybrid…

Attachments

• photo2077489.png
    photo2077489.png
    593.2 KB · Views: 110

George

Click image for larger version  Name:	0A8E7CBC-8FC7-481E-AB93-4833CF68673F.png Views:	1 Size:	723.8 KB ID:	17961879

Probably just another s1. 90% of these cuts are 100% for sure S1s or just random pollination bag seeds. If you grow enough og you can see the truth. The loompa headband almost looks like a hybrid to me. Like the nugs get the og look for sure, but there are a few tops that will have a more cookie like look with real round bracts but then also has a diesel look with smaller green leaves in the buds. It looks a lot like the XXX OG in this thread tbh with the real blown out bracts. Edit: sorry was looking at a different og thread when I was thinking about the Xxx

ive read archive say it’s from Laytonville, CA but loompa says the cut is from New York. It was supposedly lifted out of a grow but that’s unconfirmed by loompa for obvious reasons lol.

heres a terrible pic from this run but you can see what I mean with this top. They don’t all look like this but she consistently throws a tiny bit different nug structure then pure pure og IMO. It’s a damn fire og cut, though as I kind of mentioned above, if you grow enough og you start to realize they have to be S1s and it becomes kind of lame when you finally realize you’ve just been chasing names and s1s. Og isn’t hype, but the image we come up with in our heads is usually a lot more interesting than the real world example. When talking about ogk we always have to remember the time in history. There are s1s better than the originals, the originals simply got the legend status because of the time period they came up and how rare they were at the time. You didn’t see cuts like that.

it was a hard pill to swallow when you’ve spent years to get the best original ogs just to have $15 seed find ogs just as good or better with more flavor. Lol. Rude awakening but that’s what happens when shit becomes so much more readily available. Surprise! Who would of thought people would make a better og than a seed find in the early 90s lol. Today to me these og cuts are more like collecting a rare baseball card but also a little genetic dna capsule more than anything. It’s a piece of history from a not too distant past that was incredibly embarrassing for the nation and the world.

Last edited:

Stash

I still have my orig Oger Kush Seeds in my fridge. I've had the strain many, many years but kept them pure but up dated and have both male and female. I have gotten old and hands are now numb and can't feel seeds. I held on to a lot of old strains , kept them all pure. but can no longer grow or even pickup a seed. Stash

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have my orig Over Kush Seeds in my fridge. I've had the strain many, many years but kept them pure but up dated and have both male and female. I have gotten old and hands are now numb and can't feel seeds. I held on to a lot of old strains , kept them all pure. but can no longer grow or even pickup a seed. Stash

I’ll grow them out for you … ? :flowers2:

midwestkid

Veteran
I still have my orig Oger Kush Seeds in my fridge. I've had the strain many, many years but kept them pure but up dated and have both male and female. I have gotten old and hands are now numb and can't feel seeds. I held on to a lot of old strains , kept them all pure. but can no longer grow or even pickup a seed. Stash

Stash and Star crash. Make it happen! STASH/CRASH COLLAB!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Having cleared my head of crap from the internet, I recently realised the obviousness of where OG came from. 1991.
In 1991 everything was the OG. My T-shirt was claiming that even I was. It has nothing to do with a particular set of plant genetics. Everything to do with the scene.

Heard Original Gangster? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scILa5iPBcg He has an OG hat on. The songs about not copying, not changing, being the OG. The whole album was OG. The whole scene was being the OG

You won't get an OG earlier than 91.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Having cleared my head of crap from the internet, I recently realised the obviousness of where OG came from. 1991.
In 1991 everything was the OG. My T-shirt was claiming that even I was. It has nothing to do with a particular set of plant genetics. Everything to do with the scene.

Heard Original Gangster? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scILa5iPBcg He has an OG hat on. The songs about not copying, not changing, being the OG. The whole album was OG. The whole scene was being the OG

You won't get an OG earlier than 91.

Bang on. That’s how I thought it was. I lived through all that OG scene marketing crap. I also had an og baseball cap ffs.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Looks like that's the prequel. The story of how Josh came to call it the OG, and why so many others share the same name, but are not necessarily related.
Who should play him? I'm thinking Samuel Jackson. He can tie all the pretenders in a chair, and give it some "say that one more time mother fucker. I dare ya. I double dare ya. Hell, I triple dare ya" Before smoking some punks too young to remember.

I could watch that lol