What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doob

Hi IC, just wondering who uses these awesome little Android boxes? All my mates use them, and I got myself one this week.

You can watch/stream anything! With the right software installed..

They are getting pretty popular, and channels are always changing, so thought we can have a thread to share what works and what don't?

doob :joint:

Meraxes

Veteran
Wow no takers, I'll bite....Kodi's saved me so much money (well over 1K in the last year) in cable bills. I've completely killed cable, neflix, kinda need amazon for shipping, but dont need prime tv. Its essentially television heaven. Imagine a movie? poof there it is in HD. Addons for live tv are getting better as well with just about any channel. It's all on there. It's the gods gift to the lazy stoner...:dance013:

Last edited:

Meraxes

Veteran
You tried the new Nemesis wizard build? its got Dexter, latest sportsdevil, genesis (which is dying), 123movies is new (has lots of hd theater)

doob

no haven't seen it, I got the latest sport devil tho which is amazing haha. You sound like the typical android box user I know, a salesman as they so good! :)

I dropped sky tv. Which was £50 a month so saving loads and not missing anything so far, odd stream drops out and annoys me, but overall very happy!

Yeah be great to see more cannabis stuff on there, there is nug something or other which shows dispensary info and tests some buds, not great.

Thanks for the reply, will check out nemesis.

G

ganjygav

I use kodi to my tv through chromecast. I'm getting it on a firestick because I'm told it's more reliable and plays smoother than the boxes. I've only been using kodi for a month but so far I've got my neighbour,my sister and cousin all on it and they are dropping sky now lol.

doob

Another Kodi salesman haha! Fair play, well let us know how the stick goes!

I was looking at a small Acer pc box same size, with full windows on it as well, bit more pricey mind but be a lot faster I would of thought.

Meraxes

Veteran
haha well the british have way better tv than us. Even the history channel is now all reality shows. If I want history, I go to either dexter or BBTS, and watch the british Discovery History. A lot of the sport links for sportsdevil are either Sky or BT, and that includes USA sports.

Last edited:

doob

Yeah for football (soccer) it is great as I support Arsenal and they always on in the US and Canada, the games aren't even shown over here and I am watching it live for free :) sports devil is a must

I haven't used Dexter either, mainly on Phoenix and Genesis for shows

Meraxes

Veteran
not a salesman, but crossed the mind since they make a killing loading up all the good addons for people and selling them lol.

Edit 3/15/2016: Dont do this. Kodi released a statement saying that people trying to sell loaded boxes on Ebay and Amazon are causing chaos in the Kodi community, and is compromising Kodi itself. Don't mess with a good thing, and buy raw brand new boxes. They're cheaper anyway. Loading your addons yourself is very easy, and there is plenty of help on youtube. I give instructions on page...shit I don't know..:biggrin:

Last edited:
G

ganjygav

I've also heard you can put ps2 and other old game console emulators on the box. Then you just pick up one of them Bluetooth controllers.

Meraxes

Veteran
go to settings- file manager- add source- http://kodiuk.tv/wizard/ is your Nemesis build, then back to addons- install from zip - click on whatever you named it- kodiuk.tv/wizard yhis will give you dexter plus a fuck ton of addons, and the interface is user friendly with nice smooth navigation

Last edited:

Meraxes

Veteran
no haven't seen it, I got the latest sport devil tho which is amazing haha. You sound like the typical android box user I know, a salesman as they so good! :)

I dropped sky tv. Which was £50 a month so saving loads and not missing anything so far, odd stream drops out and annoys me, but overall very happy!

Link ARE going to go down time to time, the cool thing is, is if you have the right addons, theres always 10 or so other places to find the same channel

G

ganjygav

I just put that azeshigh build on my mobile phone and it's cocked it up. Its just frozen and can't do nothing with it fml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts