What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Indoors, Outside.

furrywall11

AY, why'd you delete your last two posts? They were both very helpful. :)

Anyways, looking really good in there. I have the same problem with touchy neighbors who think the entire neighborhood is their vipasana retreat. I remember I actually had one of them walk onto my property. Prompted me to get some V series super quiet vortex fans--expensive but worth it. I have 4 x 16" 4515 CFM fans in one of my greenhouses...they work really well. Saw you had some too. We dug some 3' deep trenches and ran draining pipe so that the intake is actually a few degrees cooler for being run through pipe that is naturally cooled by the earth...it works! kind of like natural air conditioning.

Airpots at transplant... Not endorsing these pots for a lot of reasons.. Although Im open to discussing the pros and cons of using them if anyone wants to talk about it...

View Image

View Image

Tensionometer
easy to calibrate thus most reliable for the money...

View Image
Would love to hear what up have to say on the 'air pots' both pros and cons. Just bought 100 one gal and 100 ten gal. Doing a couple GH and want to know what to expect, or anticipate. Thanks for sharing your grow, looks great! We are running a couple of the same strains, so that is neat.

ubi

im about to do my ventilation, and was considering that type of fan. maybe a 24 or 36". my gh is 16' tall 20' wide,do ya think 3 x 36" would be over kill.
i also saw a vortex type inline fan. is that for temp? or something else?
really like ur GH controller. i think im gonna low tech it at first with home made power relay boxes with titan gh controller.
sorry to ask so many ?'s, my first gh and want to do it right :)

blaze blase blase

blaze blase blase

picture.php

O

Oakhills

Looking excellent! Thanks for the heads up on Chryso.... Always good to have another beneficial in the garden

bammurdead

EG,

I am about to erect my 96' x 20' Conleys CF 1100. I am planning to do a very similar setup to yours. Raised beds, gavitas or nanolux DE for supplemental lighting (supplemental starting end of this year). But i plan on having three 5' ft wide x 90' long beds which i planned to have 54 rows of 3 plants in each bed. I plan to go straight from clone into the ground, 3 week veg time, then light dep. If my plants will grow as fast and as big as yours, it looks like i need to do something more like 35 rows of 2. Your plants got huge fast.
Do you agree with my reconfiguration?
How many plants do you have in each 8 ft. wide bed?
And how long was your total veg time?

looked like you threw them in the ground after they had vegged for a while somewhere else and then according to the timeline of your posts you let them continue to veg from 11/25/15 to 12/09/15.

thanks in advance for your reply

My thing is to pay attention to the canopy as it fills in and know when to flip. Plants in balanced soil IME stretch far less than usual. That seems to especially ring true when you have enough Ca, B, and Si.

Also to get plants large quickly you can't stall out your clones, ever. Which means never make them wait on you, keep the roots running to maintain hormonal balance. Give them plenty of soil and keep the GH HOT with plenty of fresh air exchange. Also start warming the soil about a week before you plant. It seems a lot of folks think air temps in the 70's are ideal, I disagree. I run my GH up to 95 during veg and 85 in flower(winter temps, summer can get a bit higher).
I've noticed a much greater tolerance to intense lighting (i.e. No light bleaching or burn) as long as you have adequate air exchange. In sealed environments with limited fresh air exchange, I notice an increased sensitivity to light intensity. I have nothing but anecdotal evidence to support that claim but it's something I've seen enough to adhere to.

When considering plant numbers I always consider what my target yield is and how big each plant must be to reach that target. It takes a pretty large plant to get a unit per plant. So planting 4 per light makes it very easy IMO to get 2lbs a light without utilizing any sunlight whatsoever. I can hit 8oz plants easily with as little as 3-7 days veg provided you have adequate soil balance and volume. More plants less veg time to fill in the canopy. . . Multiply that by your hours of available sunlight x intensity and I believe you can hit 4lbs per light without much effort. .. My plant count is limited by state laws so I had to adhere accordingly.. Ideally to limbo the federal number I would have shot for 3 plants per light but I planted far below that number to play it safe.

EG

Keep in mind those figures are basically for indoor lighting schemes. Most folks just use lighting in the GH as supplemental. I'm trying to use sunlight as a compliment to my lighting. I have very limited winter sunlight exposure. So I made the choice to go with the same lighting spacing as I would indoor, with the exception of the outer most edges of the beds which I hope to fill in with sunlight.

EG

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
looking sweet my man...I miss my big greenhouses..downsizing sucks ass...I once had more greenhouse space then the entire property I am now on...yeehaw...rock on

bammurdead

EG,
Thank you for your response. It seriously changed the game for me. I pretty much had an epiphany moment that solved my huge plant count and spacing problem. Ill spare you the details because your thread is not the place.

thanks for your thread. seriously inspirational and i really appreciate the advice. Don't be surprised if my GH looks a lot like yours when i start my thread.

Peace be with you