What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topping and Scrog question

Pacavelli

Hi all, I'm new here. I've been reading the boards for weeks now and reading countless tutorials.

I have a question to do with understanding what i've read.

In this image: http://gyazo.com/62f91588b8a0dc9cacea6463d3a635d5 you can see in the bottom photo he says to pull all the new sprouts, but I don't know what and where he is referring to! thanks in advance.

P

PinkFan

hey pacavelli he means top the 4 tops again then hold them down so you get 8 heads instead of 4 heads...

Croptober

I assume he is talking about LST which is used to train plants into nice big bushes. But first off are you starting with a seed or clone? A seed will grow symmetrical and will be easier to train. A clone can still be trained just takes a little more effort.

Do you see the green pipe cleaners wrapped below the nodes? This is what he means to tie them down. I did it so the 2 bottom shoots would catch up and train for an even canopy.

attachment.php

A couple days later you can see that the lowers have caught up.

attachment.php

Then a couple weeks later.
picture.php

Here is an example of a clone I started to train.

attachment.php

I always try to keep an even canopy. Hope this helps you

Pacavelli

Ah, the next step is just to top the 4 and just above the node (can i snip them with trimming scissors instead of a razor?) and they will sprout into 8, right? Thanks all!

Croptober

Yes, topping will give you two shoots instead of the one. You can use the trimming scissors too.

DrFever

Veteran
If i were you i wouldn't worry to much about topping you can get better results with just cropping a plant with some LST

Attachments

• DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11

Pacavelli

Thanks a lot man. I have various other questions, too many to make individual threads over in each sub forum.

I'd like it if an experienced grower could read my whole plan for this grow,(with my equipment specs) to make sure I'm not going to go badly wrong. Croptober would you be willing to take a look if I emailed you or posted here?

thanks all

Croptober

I would suggest posting it on here and you will find all the help you need plus more, I don't mind taking a look at it either.

gardener60

How high should the should the two scrogs be between each other and should all the topping be done before you put on the scrog.

H

hunter77

I assume he is talking about LST which is used to train plants into nice big bushes. But first off are you starting with a seed or clone? A seed will grow symmetrical and will be easier to train. A clone can still be trained just takes a little more effort.

Do you see the green pipe cleaners wrapped below the nodes? This is what he means to tie them down. I did it so the 2 bottom shoots would catch up and train for an even canopy.

View Image

A couple days later you can see that the lowers have caught up.

View Image

Then a couple weeks later.
View Image

Here is an example of a clone I started to train.

View Image

I always try to keep an even canopy. Hope this helps you
good job Croptober:)