What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalization in Canada, how are things there?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Canada’s new Marijuana for Medical Purposes (MMRP) regulations will replace an existing out-of-date system and potentially open the door to publicly traded cannabis producers.
The new law will let doctors, nurses, dentists, and other medical professionals write medical declarations for patients to use marijuana for many types of ailments without the lengthy questionnaires and red tape associated with the prior system.

Starting in April, medical marijuana patients in Canada are barred from growing their own medicine thanks to a law passed last year. All cannabis has to be produced from a licensed supplier.

Under the new law, medicinal cannabis users will not be able to produce their own marijuana but instead must buy through a limited network of production and distribution companies.`

Furthermore, the new system permits licensed producers to set their prices without any government restrictions, raising concerns for patients.

Canada’s medical marijuana market is expected to grow from $179 million to $1.34 billion over the next ten years, according to Health Canada, with the patient population jumping from 41,384 to 308,755. With only 13 licensed producers approved to date, investors in OrganiGram have a unique opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand at a very early stage for the industry.

The company also has first-mover advantage as one of only 13 licensed producers approved by Health Canada to date. Often times, the first entrants into an industry can gain control of resources that followers may not be able to match. Canadian medical marijuana patients are a prime example, since they would likely be hesitant to switch providers after establishing a relationship.

OrganiGram plans to expand its total production square footage from 115,000 in 2015 to 235,000 by 2016, driving revenue from $2.2 million to $88 million and before-tax profits from to $15 million to $42 million, according to Mr. Arsenault. With Canada’s patient population expected to rise from 41,384 to 308,755 over the next ten years, these estimates could move even higher.

If Canada ultimately decides to legalize recreational marijuana, the company would also be well positioned to capitalize on the growing demand with its large production footprint, quality control processes, and existing relationship with the government.

Being the only Licensed Producer east of Ontario and over 700 miles from of any other LP's could also prove beneficial.

Moving forward, management aims to ramp up sales from 2,800 customers generating $10.7 million in revenue and $3.1 million in profit in 2015 to nearly 17,000 customers generating $63.2 million in revenue and $33 million in profit by 2018. These figures appear to be reasonable given that the patient population is expected to bloom to over 300,000 by 2024, according to Health Canada.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"gimme that ol' black market weed,
its the only thing that i really need,
that govt shit aint got no soul,
i want the old timey rock & roll..."
with apologies to Bob Seger & music lovers everywhere...:tiphat:

monsoon

Will this happen here?

Only if the Gov't here can't get their hand far enough into the till.

But that isn't gonna happen...contrary to what the butwangers of the planet believe who think all of this will simply be opened up to all to play from home unrestricted. The Gov't sees the cash to be made, knows there's a lot of $$$ being made they can tap into, (IMO), and will set themselves up well when it comes to weed. As a concession...as they have done with cigarettes, alcohol, etc. we het "legalization".

If folks can't see this is how it will all go, they simply haven't been paying attention.

The more drug money they taste the harder it will be to cleanse their palette. Kinda like a bunch of us. LOL

HatchBrew

Veteran
"Rock N Roll"

[Mos Def]
Make me wanna HOLLA.. aowwWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
"Ah.. ah-ah, ah-ah.. ah-ah, ah-lert the squad.."
Rock and roll
Hehehe, rock and roll
Whoahhhhh-oh, oooh-weee-oooh
Whoahhhhh-oh

(Huh) My grandmomma was raised on a reservation
(Huh) My great-grandmomma was, from a plantation
They sang - songs for inspiration
They sang - songs for relaxation
They sang - songs, to take their minds up off that
fucked up situation
I am... yes I am... the descendant (yes yes)
of those folks whose, backs got broke
who, fell down inside the gunsmoke
(Black people!) Chains on they ankles and feet
I am descendants, of the builders of your street
(Black people!) Tenders to your cotton money
I am.. hip-hop
"It's heavy metal for the black people"
I am.. rock and roll (rock and roll.. rock'n'roll)
BEEN HERE FOREVER!
They just ain't let you know.. (HA!)

I said, Elvis Presley ain't got no soul (huh)
Chuck Berry is rock and roll (damn right)
You may dig on the Rolling Stones
But they ain't come up with that style on they own (uh-uh)
Elvis Presley ain't got no SOULLLL (hell naw)
Little Richard is rock and roll (damn right)
But they ain't come up with that shit on they own (nah-ah)

Guess that's just the way shit goes
You steal my clothes and try to say they yo's (yes they do)
Cause it's a show filled with pimps and hoes
Tryin to take everything that you made or control (there they go)

Elvis Presley ain't got no SOULLLL
Bo Diddley is rock and roll (damn right)
But they ain't the first place the credit belongs

Say whoahhhh-oh (don't take it) oooh-weee-ohhh
(black music) whoahhhh-oh (don't take it) oooh-weee-ohhh
(black music) whoahhhh-oh (Jimi Hendrix say) oooh-weee-ohhh
(black music) whoahhhh-oh (Albert King and) oooh-weee-ohhh
(and Motown)

(huh) I ain't tryin to diss
but I don't be tryin to fuck with Limp Bizkit
"The fuck is on your mind?"
When I get down in my zone
I be rockin Bad Brains and Fishbone
I ain't tryin to slow your groove
But that ain't the way I'm tryin to move
I don't turn on Korn to get it on;
I be playin Jimi Hendrix 'til the dawn
That's my word is bond
Sittin up on my front lawn
Got the volume turned to ten
Playin Albert King the best again (black)
When the mornin in the cooker
Got to turn on some John Lee Hooker
When I want some rock and roll
Go to Otis Redding to get some soul

Say, James Brown got plenty of soul
James Brown like to rock and roll
He can do all the shit fo' sho'
that Elvis Presley could never know (black people)
Said, Kenny G ain't got no SOULLLL
John Coltrane is rock and roll (uh-huh)
but they could never ever rock like Nina Simone

Say whoahhhh-oh (don't take it) oooh-wee-ohh
(black music) whoah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

"ah-lert the squad.."

[MUSIC PICKS UP PACE AND GETS LOUDER]

Who am IIIIiiiiiiiiIiiiII, HUH!
GET YOUR PUNK ASS UP!
ELVIS PRESLEY AIN'T GOT NO SOUL
JIMI HENDRIX IS ROCK AND ROLL
YOU MAY DIG ON THE ROLLING STONES
BUT EVERYTHING THEY DID THEY STOLE
ELVIS PRESLEY AIN'T GOT NO SOUL
BO DIDDLEY IS ROCK AND ROLL
YOU MAY DIG ON THE ROLLING STONES
BUT WE SEND THEY PUNK ASS HOME
Who am IIIiiiiiiiiiii (ROCK AND ROLL)
Who am IIIiiiiiiiiiii (ROCK AND ROLL)
Who am IIIiiiiiiiiiii (ROC

Last edited:

-aka-

well Justin Trudeau is running for the liberals next federal eleection and is talking legalizing cannabis, following colorado washington type rules. He is only party talking legalizing!! so have to get everybody to vote liberals.....at least this once!! Peace

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So many people falling for the Trudeau ruse.

Granted, I'll eat my hat if he actually does legalize, but right now I would give 10-1 it's just a vote ploy.

This whole thread would make more sense in the Canadian forum....

shaggyballs

Veteran
So many people falling for the Trudeau ruse.

Granted, I'll eat my hat if he actually does legalize, but right now I would give 10-1 it's just a vote ploy.

This whole thread would make more sense in the Canadian forum....

Sorry to get under your skin.

I placed it here to consolidate the info on legalization gone bad.
There are many here so I thought it to be an appropriate place.
Please start a similar topic in the Canada forum if you like, but I have no interest there, other than it is a good example of what can happen when Govt. meets cannabis $$$$$$!

shag

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to get under your skin.

I placed it here to consolidate the info on legalization gone bad.
There are many here so I thought it to be an appropriate place.
Please start a similar topic in the Canada forum if you like, but I have no interest there, other than it is a good example of what can happen when Govt. meets cannabis $$$$$$!

shag

Not even close muchacho.

The way I worded it sounded a little asshat-ish, but it wasen't my intention.

I merely suggested it because it might have gotten more response there, and less rambling stoner replies. The thread title at least, seemed to invite opinions on the nature of the goings on up here, such as the injunction...

You can unknit your panties now :)

shaggyballs

Veteran
Not even close muchacho.

The way I worded it sounded a little asshat-ish, but it wasen't my intention.

I merely suggested it because it might have gotten more response there, and less rambling stoner replies. The thread title at least, seemed to invite opinions on the nature of the goings on up here, such as the injunction...

You can unknit your panties now :)

I hear ya thanks for clearing that up....I was cool with it anyhow.
Who told you I wore panties?????
It was a secret....DAMN!:moon:
Panties are no longer in a bunch.....

Hey
Could you tell the world about the injunction ...Please.:tiphat:

Shag

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Takes one to know one? How's that expression go, real men wear lacey underpants.

The injunction was pushed through last year by John Conroy to halt the forced changeover of old users of the MMAR to the MMPR. For now, there is leeway until Feb of 2015. The Federal government appealed unsuccessfully, I believe. Old users are left in ridiculous limbo, HC rejects any paperwork sent to them, restricting anyone with a permit to grow to their given residence as of Oct 2013, although there is a cross appeal slowly moving forward.

New users are restricted to buying schwag (although some of it looks decent) from the new LPs. There's a whole slew of unbelievable nonsense surrounding the LPs from chronic shortages (prompting a potential lawsuit), inferior product, to buying their genetics from BC Bud Depot and having shipments bought from MMAR producers (see: organized crime) seized by the RCMP.

It's a shit show. The best end game, short of general legalization (unlikely) or a return to the old system (highly unlikely), is a grandfather system for MMAR growers.

Which would make me happier than Pickton on a pig farm.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Thanks bro
You went out of your way for me!!!:tiphat:
Time is valuable!

And yet some would say.....Sorry sir that is just impossible and it can not possibly happen here, we have protection from that sort of thing?????

It is best heard from the people that area actually experiencing the real deal....right in their face so to speak!

Thanks again for your valuable time!
Hope things get better in Canada.
It sounds rough!

shag

-aka-

well I still think Trudeau is our only shot next election, we for sure have to get rid of Harper, as he has totally went absolutly backwards on marijuana in every aspect. I think Trudeau will go ahead with legalization just for the simple fact of pissing off the conservatives. But Justin has stated he would leave the medicinal users alone let them grow, and set up rules similiar to washington colorado. PEACE

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People say a lot of things on the election circuit.

Push come to shove, I'd rather have a conservative around to deal with the reprecussions of the Russian bear-baiting game Harper is playing. Trudeau would go Chamberlain all over the situation and we'd have a new border skirting the tops of the provinces.

People say a lot of things on the election circuit.

Push come to shove, I'd rather have a conservative around to deal with the reprecussions of the Russian bear-baiting game Harper is playing. Trudeau would go Chamberlain all over the situation and we'd have a new border skirting the tops of the provinces.

No matter how the Canadian government responds to Russia there will not be a border along the top of the provinces without world war 3 and the states having a large say in it. If those two come to pass legalization is the least of my worries.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't really say that in all seriousness, it's more of a comment on Harpers actions lately, and Trudeau's character.

Like this: I wonder if Harper showered or just wiped after the Russians started circling our warships.

Do I think he literally shat his pants? Nein

Didn't really say that in all seriousness, it's more of a comment on Harpers actions lately, and Trudeau's character.

Like this: I wonder if Harper showered or just wiped after the Russians started circling our warships.

Do I think he literally shat his pants? Nein

Good call, tough to tell sarcasm through the typed word.

shaggyballs

Veteran
@ Mikell I love your pic, seems to match your personality, you seem like a NO B.S. Guy!
Really just a fancy way for me to bump the thread.

Peace Mikell
:smoke out:
Shag

Latest posts

Latest posts