What's new

How Do I Get My Buds Frosty?

I Used To Grow

I've grown out a lot of plants and used the right kind of lighting but I've noticed my buds aren't all that frosty. I used to use Miracle Gro potting soil and Fox Farm products but my buds seem to lack that gooey resin I see in most people's grow pics.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get my buds frosty and resinous?

G

High PK levels...maybe a carb boost before/during stretch....I don know that misting leaves converts N to carbs so I do this during stretch for a carb boost and a lower N metebolism that reduces stretch.

Hot-Rod

There is no way to " make " trichomes appear, must be genetics, get a "white" strain next time you grow and see if you get the desired resin.
I suggest White Rhino.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Maybe I'm lucky..but every strain I grow seems to be frosty so far...

^Willy Jack's Tangerine (Chronic X Cali-O)

^^ Dutch Passion Hempstar

^^^ Dutch Passion Passion #1 (Amstel Gold)

Maybe try a Dutch Passion strain. They always seem to be frosty and good

Last edited:
G

I use super soil with pure blend pro + liquid Karma and look at the trics at week 4 !!!

D

dre86

yep, if you want LOTS of crystals pick a white strain. Like Snow White or White Rhino, ...
dscn74201wu.jpg

Snow White

G

I agree with slips on this one. Liqiud Karma by Botanicare has been like night and day for my girls...

G

Equator weather

Equator weather

this person thinks someone is going to get their home 60 degrees, this is supposed to be for indoor grow in the civilized world, try one of the MJ horticulture books and where they tell about UltraViolet light making trichomes. There is more trichomes in warm weather pot growing regions, from more UltraViolet light. You can buy an UltraViolet light, instead of asking people who are guessing. Good Luck. :dueling:

admiralcornport

david zap said:
this person thinks someone is going to get their home 60 degrees, this is supposed to be for indoor grow in the civilized world, try one of the MJ horticulture books and where they tell about UltraViolet light making trichomes. There is more trichomes in warm weather pot growing regions, from more UltraViolet light. You can buy an UltraViolet light, instead of asking people who are guessing. Good Luck. :dueling:

Or we could listen to the guy with 6 posts and 2 pix in his gallery... not

hows that LED + 70 watt hps goin?

If you have full control of your grow envorment, getting to 60* should be attainable.

Last edited:

Texassativa

I have used about 250watts of compact floros on one bud. The trics seemed to really love the extra light. The main light was 400watt hps. The bud really did frost quicker and became a little more dense. It's worth a try. Good luck on your grow.

I've never had any problems getting frosty plants. But I had a freind of mine send me some bag seeds from all over the world. I germed them all out and grew them but one plant in particular is a frosty SOB. Even the fans are covered in a thick layer of tric's. Identical growing conditions / ferts as all the other plants in the mix but absurd amounts of resin. So I must say genetics is a key role in the resin production.

ocanabis

Originally Posted by david zap
this person thinks someone is going to get their home 60 degrees, this is supposed to be for indoor grow in the civilized world, try one of the MJ horticulture books and where they tell about UltraViolet light making trichomes. There is more trichomes in warm weather pot growing regions, from more UltraViolet light. You can buy an UltraViolet light, instead of asking people who are guessing. Good Luck.

Ya,Who are you to critisize.Lets here your IDEAs.We're all ears.It's a provin fact that the buds become more frostier with cooler night temps.

G

To the liquid karma users a few posts back did you know that they changed the recipe?I got the last bottle of the old formula in my growshop the rest is all the new crap which I aint sure about.The old LK had 20% humic acids which made it kickass,the newer formula I think has only 2 % or maybe less humic acids,it is humically challenged!

froth

While extra amounts of crystaliness are pretty to look at and smoke, some of the better nugs I've smoked in the past have at times been nugs with fewer trichs. Unless you're going for bag appeal or something don't worry too much about it.. LIke everyone else said genetics blah blah blah....

Latest posts

Latest posts