What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do dabs smell?

knubs

well, i dab a lot but my sense of smell isnt the greatest and i smell weed all day being a grower, so i am really use to the smell of weed. for this reason i cant tell if dabs smell or not. technically the Ti nail is vaporizing but is the vapor all vapor 100% and no smoke?. i toke my vape in hotel rooms and it doesnt leave a smell at all (so im told). so how about dabs of some well purged extracts?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dabs smell to high heaven like vaporized oil, but not like burning MJ.

R

RustlewoodNW

Oil by itself doesnt smell unless left smelt directly or it was out and warm I guess, but really used bells/collars/domes that are oily fuckin reek and dabs initially blown smell, but oily pieces are literally the smelliest of all.

Kushed_

I hope it smells (good). I have a micro vape pen. I use it is public, everywhere. I have used it in Walmart, the grocery store, the flea mkt., etc. I am not talking about crowded stores, but they were not empty either. No problems, yet.

I think, for the most part, burning flowers really stink.

prune

Veteran
I think, for the most part, burning flowers really stink.

Yes, sulphur conserving plants stink, and stink worse when burned. BHO leaves most of the sulphur behind, and you don't get that heavy lingering odor with most oils.
However, oil does have a scent that can be discerned and identified with experience, so i would still feel cautious around the folks and leo.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
thats crazy man, butane grabs lots of sulfur. anytime sulfur is used in a crop during bloom i can taste it.

as for bho odor, it can smell just almost as strong as pot on your breath, i have had many people inform me that i reeked like herb just after taking a couple dabs. certain strains carrry the smell more, more dank strains usually, like bubba kush for example.

vertigo0007

Hehe, a character here on ic was recently quoted to me as having responded to this question by his son, "whats that smell?", by saying "THATS DADDYS ERRRL".

knubs

well i guess hotel dabbing is out!

and another question to you guys about smell. how is smell transmitted on a person after smoking (whether it be flower or oil)? i know that's something basic that i should have figured out years and years ago, but like i said, i have a very weak sense of smell and it wouldnt hurt to know where these smells i cant smell come from.
Hashmasta-Kut mentioned smelling it on your breath. how long will it stay there? and will your clothes hold the odor for a long time?

i live in a small town where basically everyone is a stoner so i dont worry about the smell ever, but when i go out of town people are constantly sniffing as they pass and some will even comment. usually when this happens i think that i dont smell.
i'm seriously thinking about having a t-shirt made that says "i pet skunks" with a picture of a skunk and a green cross on it. i always hear people around me asking their friends if they smell a skunk so i think it would be perfect. lol

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My theory is that anything that the smoke touches, smells like smoke.

Trichgnomes

hotel dabbing is definitely in!

different kind of smell, dissipates much quicker

Agreed. It does smell quite pungent at first but dissipates so quickly that you can pretty much get away with dabbing anywhere.

I have dabbed pretty hard in hotels that had strict no smoking policy, and watched people at the front desk calling rooms that reeked of ganja telling them they had to leave and pay a $400 fine.

Oil>Flowers

EzExtractions

ive smoked countless cigarettes and blunts in no smoking motels so i think youll be ok with a towel under the door and a window open with the dabs!

last time I was in vegas (march 2011) i was using my oil rig and smoking js in the monte carlo and aria hotel rooms, both were smoking rooms but no one said a damn thing, other rooms smelled like they were smoking in the hallway. I used to play on a hockey team that used to travel across the us and we've been in a lot of hotel rooms, we also smoked a lot of pot as a team so you can imagine the smell from that and we've never ever been even asked about it. One time we were in FL with a hotel where the hall/walkway was outside surrounding the pool and they just told us to take it in the room so others couldn't see us. This was all when I was 17-20 so I like to think I've gotten smarter but I've literally never had an issue smoking down at a hotel, mind you we always had smoking rooms that is the one thing that may make some difference in treatment

knubs

so if i dab in a no smoking room with a smoke detector i wont have any problems? my friend has an apartment and dabs for medicinal reasons. the smoke detectors are wired just like at a hotel and also the apartment cant smell like weed for more than an hour since she has a lot of people that come visit her and she doesn't want anyone to know she uses marijuana (even though it is for a very serious medical condition).
i just want to make sure there will be no problems for her dabbing at her apartment. i would feel horrible if she got in trouble because of me telling her that it wont smell much.