What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEER

anyone out there collect heady beer? i have a beer problem. no, not drinking, but buying. my cellar is at about 50 or so bottles and grows every week.i have some rare older stuff,81' lindemans kriek,88 st. sixtus abt12.,some hard to find belgians and much more. will be making a seperate beer room with some nice shelves in the basement.
any beer items are fine, doesnt have to just be bottles.lets see whatcha got

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
heres what i got. I use beer caps to make art. :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 44
H

Hazyfontazy

anyone out there collect heady beer? i have a beer problem. no, not drinking, but buying. my cellar is at about 50 or so bottles and grows every week.i have some rare older stuff,81' lindemans kriek,88 st. sixtus abt12.,some hard to find belgians and much more. will be making a seperate beer room with some nice shelves in the basement.

nice collection ,,my father frequents belguim a lot and says every bottle on the menu has its own glass ,it would be awesome if u could get the glasses to match your collection :)

ZEROorDIE

probably apporaching 100 or so bottles in the cellar. nothing as old as yours, im only in my mid 20s. lots of belgians, barleywines and other strong ales. bunch of sours from all over ranging from a year to four.

also have a growing collection of glassware. im a sucker for the glass to match the beer. have half the trappist goblets. bunch of stuff from stone and some others.

friend of mine saw my beer stash and called me a hoarder.

theclearspot

Thats interesting never knew you could keep Beer for that long and have vintage bottles etc. I wonder what the oldest stored Beers are?

Cannavore

Veteran
I've got a 2008 Rodenbach Vintage that's the oldest thing I have followed by a 2012 Goose Island Madame Rose.

Backwoods Bastard, Breakfast Stout, Trois Pistoles 4pks in the basement too. Looking to add two bottles of Allagash Interlude as an xmas present to myself.

Edit - Didn't realize this thread is from 2012

gymshoes

All my beer went to fat...

Jungle Jim's (a HUGE grocery store that carries EVERYTHING) has the largest selection of beers and ales on earth. They even carry old brews that are no longer being made, and these are in the hundred dollar per bottle range!

shithawk420

Veteran
Whoa! Hundred dollars a bottle?but surely you can't drink them unless you wanna get the worst case of the shits and die,right?

Sisu

Veteran
All my beer went to fat...

Jungle Jim's (a HUGE grocery store that carries EVERYTHING) has the largest selection of beers and ales on earth. They even carry old brews that are no longer being made, and these are in the hundred dollar per bottle range!

Went to one of those years ago when I was traveling through Porkopolis. It was pretty nice IIRC.

mmmmm Porkopolis Pale

I must be a sissy cuz i prefer ipas. Lagunitas is a damn fine brand from california! cheers!!!!!!!!!!

shithawk420

Veteran
dont remember what red stripe taste like but all solid beer.but guinness extra stout should be on the list.and yeah nobody "collects" beer here unless you count beer cans lol

Green Squall

I used to keep a beer bottle cap from every new beer I tried. I had quite the collection.

I think the worst beer I ever came across was Cave Creek Chili Beer. Words can't describe the awful taste.

shithawk420

Veteran
i used to collect beer caps and cigar rings but then i realized,whats the point? unless you get that really rare and special beer or cigar nobody really cares.i cant remember the brand but i saw it on youtube.this guy smoked a 800$ cigar just to say he did and show everyone.now if you have the money more power to you.but i can assure you.no pure tobacco cigar is worth 800$.just like no beer is worth 300$ a bottle.and ive seen it too.not trying to be a dick.ive been up all night drinking shitty beer.im just glad i realized at a semi young age its just not worth it unless you dont do it all the time.the best beer that i remember having was 10$ a glass at this fancy bar in chicago was goose island aged in oak scotch barrels.badonia i think it was called.and ive drank a lot of beer but this was unreal.better than any west coast micro brew that ive had