What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We The People - Petition the President

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
The White House is setting up a website where citizens can petition the government and, in theory, get a response. All it takes is 5,000 signatures. Any guesses what the most popular petition is going to be? Or what the response will be?

Throughout our history Americans have used petitions to unite around issues they care about. We the People provides you with a new way to petition the federal government to take action on a range of issues. And if your petition attracts enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it is sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.

Creating or signing a petition is just the first step. It’s up to you to build support for a petition and gather even more signatures. Use email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, family and coworkers about the petitions you care about.

If a petition meets the signature threshold, it will be reviewed by the Administration and an official response will be issued. And we’ll make sure that the petition is sent to the appropriate policy makers in the Administration.

The initial threshold to get a response from the Administration is 5,000 signatures.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/wethepeople

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet you they ignore all pot petitions like they weren't even created, just like they did with all the pot questions in the town hall meetings.

G

Guest 18340

If I remember correctly the last time Obama did something like this the most asked question was about legalizing MJ, and that was completely ignored.

Tony you rock! Another great find. And you're right, we will be ignored. Gotta wonder why they even bother when obviously the internet is simply overrun with pot addicts. Or, it could be that anonymity empowers people to share their real feelings about such matters. I'm going with the pot addict theory myself though since that is all a pot smoking lowlife has to do all day is collect unemployment and surf the net while the hardworking people of this country pay their way. fucking potheads! Their all on the dope!

whitehouse.gov said:
Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. To get started you’ll need to create an account and verify your email address. Start thinking about the issues that matter to you, what you would like the Obama Administration to do to address the important challenges facing our country, and who you’ll ask to join you.

They are doing this so they can control the petitions. You won't be able to randomly create a petition whith whatever subject you want. You will pick subjects from their range of topics I bet. They are doing this specifically to avoid pot questions.

mrdizzle

1st should be real wall street reform, those mother fuckers robbed this country blind, and can and will do it again as soon as all of us get our investment values back up

someotherguy

Veteran
1st should be real wall street reform, those mother fuckers robbed this country blind, and can and will do it again as soon as all of us get our investment values back up

It's those motherfuckers in Washington telling us it's the governments job to take care of everybody who sold us down the river!

Wallstreets whole purpose is to make money and as much of it as they can, thats thier JOB! ...if they cheated people it's because the politicians got greased, ...you know, by the professional lobbyists.

No, the politicians WANT you mad at Wallstreet so you don't notice that it's the politicians who are sticking it in our collective ass's!

Peace, SOG

G

guest86120975

Politicians can't quit talking about jobs and the economy long enough for anything else. I get so tired of hearing about joooooobs. What they don't realize is, if personal freedoms and liberties were granted (not just for weed) then everything else would eventually fall into place.

Well I guess they are allowing mj questions! Here is a link to vote on Norml's petition!

This is over 5k sigs already I have no ide a why they are letting this all happen... seems way to legit and honest. I'm sure it will be a huge percentage of MJ petitions!!!

B

BrnCow

There are a few pot and hemp petitions already there for signatures. One already has 5,000 sigs and is still going. That one is for"Legalize and Regulate Marijuana in a Manner Similar to Alcohol." It might be worth signing and may even get an answer if enough sign it...

budlover123

what's with that bogus link Midnight Rudy? I didn't want to get infected so I didn't link to it.

what's that, bt.ly/5435345? that looks real legitimate

Half the petitions on that website are about Marijuana

smokefrogg

Veteran
Well I guess they are allowing mj questions! Here is a link to vote on Norml's petition!

This is over 5k sigs already I have no ide a why they are letting this all happen... seems way to legit and honest. I'm sure it will be a huge percentage of MJ petitions!!!

fixed that for ya'

bad idea using those url shortening services, nobody has an f'ing clue what you could be luring people to link to, virus bait for sure

here is the real full url
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...ate-marijuana-manner-similar-alcohol/y8l45gb1

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
what's with that bogus link Midnight Rudy? I didn't want to get infected so I didn't link to it.

what's that, bt.ly/5435345? that looks real legitimate

Half the petitions on that website are about Marijuana

https://bitly.com/pages/help#i_0_1
"How does bitly work? up
bitly works by issuing a "301 redirect": a technique for making a webpage available under many URLs. When you shorten a link with bitly, you are redirecting a click from bitly to the destination URL. A 301 redirect is the most efficient and search engine-friendly method for webpage redirection, and is what bitly uses. Because bitly doesn’t re-use or modify links, we consider our redirects to be permanent.
How do I use bitly to shorten a link? up
We offer a variety of ways for users to shorten links -

* Use the form on http://bit.ly as you would any other URL shortener
* Use the browser bookmarklet that you can drag (in Firefox) or right-click->Add to Favorites (in Internet Explorer) to your bookmark bar from the right side of the bitly home page
* Use the bitly browser sidebar that is also available on the bitly home page
* Prefix any long URL in your browser's address bar (including the "http://") with "bit.ly/" and be redirected to the main bitly page with the link automatically shortened for you
* Use one of the many desktop and mobile applications that integrate directly with bitly
* Use the bitly API (http:/bit.ly/apidocs) to integrate bitly programmatically into your own applications and workflows

Links shortened with any of these methods will appear in your Userx History if you are logged into bitly when you create or use them. "

i always think of them as virus bait too though...

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Yep...

Or gathering info.... please don't forget to use your proxy

hahahha really???

175 million americans support cannabis legalization and there is 5500 dea agents...

maybe its time to lay off those paranoia inducing sativas....