What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone use blumats?

hi everyone I am currently setting up a vertical grow with probably 5-10 gallon pots on a drip system and I am shooting for as little run off as possible and letting the coco get a little dry on top between waterings. A friend of mine showed me these things called blumats which are sort of like smart drippers they look pretty cool for keeping good moisture and everythign.
I was wondering if anyone has tried these out and what they think of them. it looks like they are meant for soil but I think they could work in coco would love to hear peoples opinions thanks:thank you:

First round with them....can't say enough good things about them!

Here's another thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=188735

Lots of answered questions in there, and a pretty lengthy post by yours truly. But everyone kept asking for updates on my experience and thoughts...so I gave it. You'll love 'em (the blumats, not my thoughts LOL).

Hit me up if you have any questions...I have a lot to pay forward.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
how is the feeding with blumats?

what i mean to say is, you fill a res right? well how high do you guys go on ppm/ec?

My EC is running at 1.4 right now. I've kept it around 1.3 for the most part, but started to add some Sweet so that bumped it to 1.4. Plants look great....fan leaves are flat enough to land a jet plane on, nice green...not too dark, not too light.

Azzazal

My maxi set will arrive this week. Do you use any drip clean to stop crusty pipes and have you had any floods!?

Yep...dripclean. Good stuff. I use .5ml/gal. It's a very small amount, but works great. Haven't had any issues regarding salt, or anything else for that matter.

I do not water to run off, so salts don't get flushed out....the dripclean neutralizes it as opposed to removing it. Haven't had to flush or anything and I'm in my 8th week.

No floods at all yet either. I did install a bleeder loop so I could eliminate any bubbles that could cause problems. This is an idea from SunnyD and is mentioned in the first link provided in this thread.

Check out page mmmmmm 32 I think?

Latest posts

Latest posts