What's new

help please

verdecielo

ok my plants are in straight coco using the GHE flora head recipe 1/2 strength for now
they are 11 days old and started to show this 2 or 3 days ago

i am adjusting the ph 5.8
but in the grow shop they only had ph down from advance hydro which is supposedly for flowering i dont know if that is the problem

anyways i water one a day, and the temperature is around 24C

how you guys can help me

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4

ibjamming

Veteran
Looks like over watered/waterlogged...add some perlite next potting, water when NEEDED...not by a schedule.

verdecielo

thx for the reply but i not growing in soil and i have grown in coco before and as it a hydro stile watering every day with just a minimal runoff shouldn't cause overwatering
can you think of any other cause for this problem

MHHSP

No its over watering, you need to even let coco dry a bit at that growth stage, ground coco like that holds water big time, your roots will suffocate.

Sorry verdecielo...over watered, and possibly too much food for a seedling at that stage.

The ballooning of the leaves is a dead give away. Roots can get logged very easily at that stage. All I've ever grown was in coco, it's all I know. IME...I treat coco like soil the first few weeks, then treat it like hydro after that.

Like MHHSP said, let it dry out...a bit. Not too much though or your nutes turn to salt, then you really have issues.

Your roots need to breath man. I'm assuming there are holes in the bottoms of those cups for drainage?

verdecielo

Your roots need to breath man. I'm assuming there are holes in the bottoms of those cups for drainage?[/quote]

yes they have holes

all of you guys thanks for putting me in the right track

i thought it was something different but now that i think before i was using a 60/40 coco/perlite
i i will let it dry a bit and water only when needed
cheerz

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Wait, what? They have pH-down that's only for flowering? I'm assuming it contains zero nitrates? It's all bullshit marketing.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
no worries at all, just let em dry out a little more between waterings. not to dry though they are young and need to be wetter than dry still on the average.

T

Tr33

looks like you packed the coco a little tight, lack of air, to much water and cool temps will do that. need to let it dry out a bit, warm them up, because of the tight coco.
I run coco and have had the same thing in the past.

24C seems a tad bit cold imo, thats about 74F, I run my girls at 78F

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait, what? They have pH-down that's only for flowering? I'm assuming it contains zero nitrates? It's all bullshit marketing.
ph down only for flower = Phosphoric Acid
ph down only for Vegi = Nitric Acid
where's the marketing issue?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
ph down only for flower = Phosphoric Acid
ph down only for Vegi = Nitric Acid
where's the marketing issue?

I didn't say there was an issue. Giving your flowering plants 10 ppm of nitrogen is harmless, probably even beneficial. Do you really buy separate pH down for veg and flower? If not, why?

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't say there was an issue. Giving your flowering plants 10 ppm of nitrogen is harmless, probably even beneficial. Do you really buy separate pH down for veg and flower? If not, why?
yes I do, once a year one of each bottle ..for a while have used Phosphoric acid for the veg and haven't noticed any probs!
there are lots of ways to regulate the pH and i don't want to battle about which way is better..everyone has his own best way ;)