What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

golden honey like liqiud in my fresh poicke buds!WTF?

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i just finished a strain called wallcloud that i got from silverback when he was still alive(god rest his soul)and i just picked 2 of the plants,i had a pretty bad mite infestation,but now most are gone(just to let anyone know,it might be the reason).1 plant that i picked i trimmed up about an hour ago.the buds are very resinous with lots of foxtails going on.i just looked at the top bud that is trimmed and i noticed a golden thick liquid that looks exactly like honey in a couple spots in my bud.it smells like bud,but my hands are also pretty smelly so maybe that is masking the real smell.i have to wait till my camera arrives till i can take pics,but has anyone had any experience with this?i found like 3 tiny blobs in the top bud,when i say tiny i mean about the third the size of a BB.i have never in my life seen this.im wondering if the bud is so resinous that it is actually leaking out,or if it is some type of residue from the mites.i just checked again and it looks exactly like honey oil,its a little darker than honey.i have made honey oil before and iy looks identical.could it actually be resin coming from the buds?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
ive had this happen on a couple strains.... taste like syrup... very good

I've actually had 2 plants secrete this kind of the thing. Not out of the buds though, out of the main stem. Just like Poopy said, try it...it is yummy. Nice and sweet.

The only time I know of any sweet substance being secreted is by aphids and it is called honeydew, it basically tastes like honey

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
I call them:

Squirters! LOL

And yes, it is flower nectar. To the point that humming birds would give it a lick in the wild.

A little more beauty to the world and sweetness to the tongue.

Ojo

So do you have any information on "Flower Nector" as I have never heard or experienced this in all of my years of growing, except for with aphids. The guy is saying that he has what he thinks were spider mites and a bad infestation... First we should establish if these were actually mites or APHIDS. Mites do not produce honeydew while APHIDS are notorius for this. Honeydew from aphids can also produce sooty molds

chongsbuddy

Veteran
buddy,i know exactly what aphids are,i have had them as well as spider mites on a few occasions.its not aphids.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I would also like to know it is.
No pests during this grow here so that wasnt it.
Didnt taste like much of anything either. :dunno:

(top left corner of bud)

bobman

i just harvested some plants about a month ago that had something similar. i cut them down and hung them without trimming. i checked them the next day and they were soaking wet like someone broke into my house and misted them heavily. i had not watered for a few days prior and they were in need of water before i cut them down. it was a sticky wet substance and i never had it happen before either. they remained very very wet for about 5-7 days. it was the weirdest thing i ever experienced after harvest. i had 2 different phenos in that grow and only one did it but every single plant of that pheno did it.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
its indoor.i took a pic,but you cant see anything because my camera sucks.it basically looks exactly like the pic in trichasourus's post

TheHashAssassin

It is plant sugars being excreted. You are probably giving your plants molasses or something that raise Brix content. Its a good thing if you are getting sugar excretions without bug damage.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
its not aphids its the plant it happens not so rarely ive had 3 strains do this its some of the best tasting shit you can find...

Latest posts

Latest posts