What's new

Penguin's Micro Grow - White Widow & LSD

Penguin59

Hey guys, just starting a new grow in my bedside table stealth cab. Some of you may have seen this cab already cos my mate Darwinsbulldog's just finished out his latest grow in this cab. If you haven't seen it you can check out how he went here:

Darwin's Micro Grow - White Widow

This time around i'll be growing out the same white widow clone but hopefully i'm going to fill the entire screen this time and let the girl veg a bit longer for a bigger harvest. She's already quite a decent size and starting to come through the screen a bit and has 3 main growing tips that i'm going to space out. I'm also adding a new strain, LSD from seed to see how she performs alongside the White Widow. Should be a good show & of course all comments & suggestions are very welcome :)

Here are some pics:

picture.php

White Widow clone on the left, LSD seedling on the right.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just starting to come through the screen now.

Enjoy,
Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
oh man! looking good.. haha that cab looks so familiar! i'm going to miss it :D but i am even more excited to get to watch you unleash on these two mate :D i'm hoping to smash my grow, definitely veg for longer than i did and i'm sure your harvest will go up exponentially :D did you end up repotting the white widow tonight or you doing that another time?

Subscribed. Darwins thread was one of the threads that I really enjoyed following, and it's going to be interesting following the continuation of that.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
this white widow clone penguin's growing out is the same as what i grew so hopefully he betters me here :D he has a bit of an advantage too because this clone is from a revegged mum so it already has 3 tops coming up hehe

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
That is one sweeeet cab penguin59!! Plants look awesome too of course!!!
I made a fake door for the front of my cab too but it was a noob one...it still works great but you( and your wonderful dad!!)have given me inspiration to do something radical!!! thanks!!
happy growing and I'll be watching this for sure

Penguin59

Hey The Evil Weed, glad you enjoyed the first scrog grow. I hope mine can live up to expectations.

@ Darwinsbulldog, yeh seeing as this clone is from a reveg cutting, hopefully she'll pump out a little bit more bud this time around. I'm going to repot hopefully today if i get some time. It's all ready to go.

Hey BC Chronic, thanks for stopping by legend. Also thanks for the props on my cab, glad it inspired someone. I didnt even think about putting grooves on the door as a light trap, dad just thought of that one himself so i was lucky. Happy growing to you too!

Penguin

i'm not 100% sure on the dimensions i'll have to measure it or ask penguin59 if he knows, but i think it's probably 40cm x 40cm x 70cm or so. so a bit bigger than 1ftx1ftx2ft.

So 40cm is 15-3/4 inches. 70cm is roughly 27-1/2 inches. So 15.75" x 15.75" x 27.5" High. So from the pictures, I would say the bottom of your lights are about 26cm (10 inches) from the canopy screen.

Your losing a lot of light because of the distance between the plants and the bulbs. Stack the pots on books or upside down pots, etc. to get them closer or bring the lights down. I mentioned to Darwin about making a screen/frame and attaching that to a larger pot. It would allow you to pull the whole plant out to work on it and also stack stuff under it to get it closer to the lights. I believe it would make working on it easier and increase growth.

What wattages and color temperatures are you running this time around? Is Darwin's Ion light included this time around too?

Now your just teasing me with that cabinet. I thought the door I raved about yesterday was the front and now you show that there is a fake drawer front to it. Too cool. What is your Fiance worried about? It looks like a cabinet. If someone goes opening your cabinet doors, or trying too, you need to kick that muther out of your house! They are looking to steal from you.

In the last photo, the powerstrip on the floor, a marshmellow looking thing is plugged in the strip, them something is plugged into it. Is that a converter from European plugs to American?

Last edited:

Penguin59

Hey Ordinary Joe! Thanks for stopping by this thread too. Unfortunately i still havent gotten my hands on a ruler to measure out the cab properly but i'd say you're right on the 26cm distance between the lights & the screen. I'm running exactly the same wattages & lights this time around as Darwin did. I might buy some higher wattage bulbs wen i get some cashish in the near future. The de-ionizing bulb is still in there to control a bit of smell. There's a little glass vile sitting on top of the cab with yellow string coming out of it in that last picture which is vanilla incense. That seems to be controlling any smell that still gets out and also adds a homey feel to the house haha.

I'll have to figure out a way to attach a screen to the pots cos i agree it's a really good idea to get the plants closer to the light. I'm repotting the White Widow clone today into a 3 litre juice bottle that's lying on its side. I'll upload photos soon so you can take a look and maybe give me a suggestion about how to attach a screen to it so stay tuned.

I thought Darwin put up pics of the whole cab but yeh there r fake drawers on the front of it and no one we'd ever have over would dream of trying to open them so we should be pretty safe. Glad you got a kick out of it :)

Oh and about the power strip, that actually has nothing to do with the cab. Because i'm using the cab as a bedside table, that alarm clock & light that sit on top it are plugged into the power board. I bought a camera in Italy the other month and had to buy a converter for it so i can charge it over here so that explains the power adaptor haha. Good pickup on detail, sir!

Penguin

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
looking good mate :) I would of used much wider pot if doing a micro in a scrog setup like yours but you should still get something nice at the end with this lady as we both know how well she performs :)

Penguin59

Hey Shroomy! Good to see you on this thread champ. I actually just transplanted the White Widow clone as i was chatting with you into a 3 litre juice bottle. I'll post pics in a shortly :)

Penguin

Penguin59

Update: Hey guys just repotted the White Widow clone today. It's now in a 3 litre juice bottle with clay pellets at the bottom for drainage and me & Darwin's own organic soil mix on the top. The bottom leaves are turning yellow so i'm guessing that's because she was running out of nutes. She should be fine now, just gave her a little drizzle of water to get her started in the new soil.

Wen i get my hands on some white paper & sticky tape i'll cover the walls with it to get some good light reflection.

Here are some more pics:

picture.php

Poking through the screen nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LSD Seedling getting bigger.

Penguin

shroomyshroom

Veteran
now that is what i am talking about mate :) when it comes to clones they have no tap root so roots tend to shoot side ways as a posed to downwards :)

Penguin59

Haha yeh she's got a fair bit of room to move and play with now hey haha. Hopefully her roots realise soon that there's space & just shoot sideways all over the shop :)

I spoke to a staff member of the Cannabis Museum in Amsterdam last month & he mentioned to me that when you transplant, you should only give the plant a light drizzle of water for the first couple of days cos otherwise her roots try & suck up too much nutrients from the new soil & can get nute burn. I might start feeding her some nutes in a couple of days after she settles into her new pot.

Penguin

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Haha yeh she's got a fair bit of room to move and play with now hey haha. Hopefully her roots realise soon that there's space & just shoot sideways all over the shop :)

I spoke to a staff member of the Cannabis Museum in Amsterdam last month & he mentioned to me that when you transplant, you should only give the plant a light drizzle of water for the first couple of days cos otherwise her roots try & suck up too much nutrients from the new soil & can get nute burn. I might start feeding her some nutes in a couple of days after she settles into her new pot.

Penguin

not only that but by only giving them a drizzle around the base of the plant it forces the plants to stretch its roots to look for food and water which in turn makes a bigger stronger plant :)

check put the thread in tom hill section about creating monster plants ;) it explains what i just described in much more detail, Id find the link for you mate but I am way to medicated atm to even begin looking through threads LOL

Penguin59

Hey gavin2511, thanks for being onboard! Your thread's looking really good too, cant wait to find out how much your girls yield. That black widow you have should produce some fat, dense buds by the looks of how close together those nodes are.

Stay tuned,
Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
penguin thought he killed his when a light fell on it, left it in the cupboard for 2 weeks in darkness, found it on the weekend and it was still alive but had an epic root system lol