What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

OrganicMeds

Hi ICMag'ers :)

Does anyone know wether this would be worth something........

* Rip Off Press Inc. Presents Underground Classic The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers No. 0 - #.1 - (1985 by Rip Off Press - Printed in USA.)

Any comic collectors on ICMAG?

I dont collect them myself but just stumbled onto a few, I dont think these are worth anything as I think most are reprints (except the one above) but I would not have a clue. Would hate to trash them if they have worth to someone ;)

These are a few I have found & lot's more......

* The Phantom #No.607 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1977)

* The Phantom #No.612 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1977)

* The Phantom #No.758 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1982)

* The Phantom #No.761 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1982)

* The Phantom #No.768 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1983)

* The Phantom #No.775 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1983)

* The Phantom #No.798 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1984)

* The Phantom #No.827 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1985)

* The Phantom #No.853A - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1986)

* The Phantom #No.1001 - (Printed by Rotary Colorprint Co, NSW - King Features Syndicate inc 1992)

* The Phantom #No.1034 - (Printed by Southweb - King Features Syndicate inc 1993)

* The Phantom #No.1138 - (Printed by Southweb - King Features Syndicate inc 1996)

* The Phantom #No.1141 - (Printed by Southweb - King Features Syndicate inc 1996)

* Superman #No.3 - (Printed by Eastern Suburbs Newspapers, NSW. - D.C. COMICS Inc 1983)

* Superman #No.6 - (Printed by ESN The Litho Centre, Waterloo - D.C. COMICS Inc 1983)

* Superman #No.10 - (Printed by Times Printers SDN. BHD., Singapore - DC Comics Inc)

* Superman #No.14 - (Printed by Times Printers SDN. BHD., Singapore - DC Comics Inc)

* Batman #No.3 - (Printed by Eastern Suburbs Newspapers, NSW - D.C. COMICS Inc. 1983)

* Lois Lane Album 96pgs - (Printed by Eastern Suburbs Newspapers, NSW - D.C. COMICS Inc. 1980)

* Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan #No.16 - (Printed by Comprint, NZ - Copyright 1980, 1981, 1982)

* Worlds Finest Comics 96pgs - (Printed by Eastern Suburbs Newspapers, NSW - D.C. COMICS Inc. 1980)

I thought someone here may collect the "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comics and know this ones worth as I cant find much in my searches :(

Thanks for any help Regards OM :)

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a long time Freak Brothers/Fat Freddy's Cat fan and collector of the comix and memorabilia. Though I dont collect other underground comix, I do have a little bit of knowledge about them. You dont really have any "collectors items" there but you might try and sell them on ebay or other such site. You never know. You might get something for a few of the comics you have. It might be worth a try, OrganicMeds. Good luck!

Mr Mojo Risin

you can pick up most of the freak bros comics on auction sites for about 2 or 3 bucks each. i had most of them but bought a couple to finish the collection for my toilet reading material!

(im not some strange comic collector by the way, i just like the freak bros and fat freddies cat) my mate actually spent a day with Gilbert Shelton in Edinburgh and he said hes not the crazy acid head hippy type dude he expected (as ya do think once youve read the comics), he was a quite a quiet fella and very polite and didnt smoke weed when asked if he wanted a puff.

ROJO145

Veteran
The Freak Bros were cool,there is a torrent around with most all there books in it,just gotta dig a little,dig!:smoker:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
did they smoke? the writers of those comics? pretty sure they didn't grow, but seems like most comic book writers were also characters! lmao

hawaiiOG

I have a The best of the rip off Press Volume number 4 freak brothers book that is from when I was a kid and bought it no wait my dad bought it for me,so I am the only one who has ever red it. Copyright 1980.

Last edited:

Neptune

1 kat doesn't want to eat kitty krunchies anymore
2 "administer appetite stimulant!" (freddie blows a bowl onto his cat)
3 next frame is cat devouring his kitty bowl, krunchies flying everywhere

lol forever and ever

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Freak Brothers were the BEST! even my mom read them, & she LOVED Fat Freddies Cat. my useless brother got the best Christmas present EVER two years ago - his daughter bid on & won a collection of everything Gilbert Shelton ever drew. Freak Brothers, Wonder Warthog, all of it!:woohoo: i am SO jealous...

kaochiu

Veteran
I bought and read them all over the years, but i gave them away too. I'm not a collector, but sometimes i've missed them. Luckily a few months ago i came across this one, who is the whole FFBs reprinted together, 624 pages of it. Yeah.

Attachments

• ffbomnibus.jpg
    ffbomnibus.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 86

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I loved his stories about the warring communist and capitalist cockroach empires. Man, Shelton could draw congealed grease floating on old dishwater like no body else. Or Fat Freddy going on an Arctic adventure which ends with him fighting to to the death with his ice axe against an ice monster, only to turn out that he was tripping while defrosting the freezer and ruined the refrigerator attacking a frozen chicken with an ice pick. Or the mutant cockroaches as big as skateboards! And how whenever Freddy's cat got pissed at him he'd crap in Freddy's headphones. Loved reading about those guys.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I still have all the old Freak Bros. and Zap Comix I bought back around 1968 when I was a teenager... I had to hide them from my parents....same as I did with the Playboys....

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My FFB mag stash has also faded to history. That was funny stuff.

Phineas Phreak...Freewheelin Freedie...

Who knows what "freewheeling" is? Hint: I saw it on the dash of an old PU truck as a kid.