What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yellowing reveg at a very fast rate

G

I've got a reveg that's taking a turn for the worse over the last week or so. Its in coir/perlite mix, under 2 CFL's, ~6k lumens. It's a passive hydro setup ,meaning the pot sits in about an inch of bubbling water. I switched to Agro (stuff that comes with emilys garden) and R/O but this plant started showing signs of lockout or -Mg or something because new growth tips that sprout at the internodes (not at the top of the meristem) would be half yellow, some wouldn't form. I started trying to fix the problem with foliar feeding a few various methods but the problem kept getting worse. I changed the Res and went back to a lower dose of PBP and some Maxicrop. I have switched to a blended tap and r/o water until i can get some micro nutes in a bottle, but now I'm wondering if this isn't turning into a Nitrogen def? I failed to consider that the age of this rootball is like 6 months old, when you factor in it's life as a clone that veg'd, flowered and now re-vegging so perhaps it has more nute requirements given that size of it's rootball compared to it's growth. I only did a slight root pruning when I transplanted this from a bubbler to this passive setup.

This is yellowing at a very fast rate. With all the attempts at foliar feeding things like , Fe, Mg, I think I'm making it worse. I've included a pic of what it looked like a couple weeks back. At this point I don't know what to do because all attempts have failed thus far. Any ideas would be appreciated.

G

I think this started out as a Mg- due to my R/O and no supplemented micro nutrients. My attempts to correct it via some Mg and Fe led to some P- in some leaves and creating other lockouts by the excess (and mixing) for the Mg and Fe. Plant respiration is way down, and growth has slowed way down.

I've removed it from it's passive hydro container with the intention to let it dry out some after I flushed. I think my PH is a little high for this medium as well. I will get this plant dialed in one day, but I'm always tinkering.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is a N def, for sure... feed them please... with out N other nutes will be locked out such as P,K and MG.

Also some root stimulator will help the uptake of nutes for the plant.

Growdoc

G

Thanks all. I'm working to try to get this thing to recover. The yellowing slowed/halted but there hasn't been any growth from all the tips, only internodal shoots trying to grow. The tips look pretty bad, with coarse texture to the leaves, etc... Plant respiration appears to be real low still. The last feeding was a stable 5.8PH w/12ml PBP-Grow and 12ml Maxicrop that was in an 75/25 RO/Tap mixture. Wish I would have had some Clearex to flush with.

G

Well, due to embarassement I didn't take any photos when she was at her worse. Things did get a worse before they got better but that was all due to my careless attempts to correct a misdiagnosed problem which cascaded into lockouts from one extreme to the other. The tips nearly died and did nothing for a few days.

Nonetheless I thought I would post an update since the 18th. She appears to have let the clutch out on me.

Thanks again for the forum help.