What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spidermites possibly plz read

LIME-diesel

i have 2 seedlings, 1 has started to overtake the other on speed recently, today i notice the cotyldons are drooping down and the first 2 leafs on my smallest plant then i see a red spidermite take off when i lift the small plant up, it looked like it laid eggs on the surface not sure tho so i got rid of it.. could this be whats slowing my plant down ? any ideas what to do and what about the good 1 should i keep it away or somthing
any info will be greatly appreciated
LIME

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
yes this is very bad but you have caught it early...do you have any neem oil around if not get some, your gonna need it, for seedling treatment you must dilute 50% of normal strength if not more...

Growdoc

My experience is that Spider mite never travel alone - assume its not alone - assume it has laid eggs - Assume that BOTH plants are infected - use Neem (preferably) or whatever else you use - use it as soon as you can - and use it more than once - 'cause they are persistent little buggers

Don't forget to get a good covering on the underside of the leaves (at least if you only have 2 seedlings it will be easy to cover them completely with the spray)

Good Luck

G

A Flora Mister really helps get the undersides of the leafs. Good Luck.

Mo,

R

Ronley

This works fantastically especially if you dont have neem oil.

1) Get the most hottest strongets chili peppers that you can find- (Red or green ones)
2) Blend 5chilies with 2 cups of water,
3) Strain,
4) spray on the underside of leaves and even on the buds, It does not harm anypart of the plants, even young new seedlings can take a spray of this pepper solution.

Repeat a few times and this will solve all spider mite problems.

CARE MUST BE TAKEN NOT TO GET THIS SOLUTION ONTO YOUR HANDS AS IT DOES BURN YOUR SKIN, AND ALSO WATCH OUT FOR YOUR EYES.

This valuable tip comes from Wernand from Positronics seeds.

G

im not so sure there spidermites ,, there not red .. nor do they lay eggs on the top sides of the leaf .. spidernites are kinda white or clearish with red or black dots on there back, or sholders.. but never the less spray with neem oil , for insects..also seedlings are slow to get going .. and the bigger the plants the faster it grows ,, small one have nothing to make food .. like leaves .. their making roots now and then they will start to grow leaves .. when it gets a few sets on it ,, then they start to do there growing

G

......and if you are an inside grower, be sure to apply treatment at the end of the light cycle to be sure not to cause a lense effect and burn the plant.....

G

That's a good point Ms.G that may be what I am seeing on my plants. Sounds like you have seen it before. Got any pics.

Mo,

Sleepy

Veteran
Ms.Grat3ful said:
......and if you are an inside grower, be sure to apply treatment at the end of the light cycle to be sure not to cause a lense effect and burn the plant.....

...this is important!

kill, kill, kill the little f*ckers!!

have a nice day.

shopvac

yes KILL KILL KILL those lil bastards should All DIe lol srry but i cant stand those lil buggers..

if its not them kill em anyway lol pretent they are mites and go at em.. take revenge for all the sufferning they have caused people :)

Best of luck to ya, i know im preying for u and me both buddy ;)

G

At such a young age I probably would have just used my finger's to clean the plant and a little sevin dust.
Neem works great, but seems to always cause leaf damage.