What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone know what this is?

G

Any webs on the underside of the leaves? Looks to me like something is eating them

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
check for bugs...use a loop or eye glass, but make sure not to burn the plants with the sun through the glass

GrowDoc

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Definately bugs. Maybe catepillars, i had a big problem with those lil' bastids last season. Sometimes they are very very small, and like to lodge up and chill in the buds. I wont forget the time i was about to take a hit... and a catepillar crawls up as im bringin the lighter to hit the bowl. :badday:

G

Oh damn, that's nasty bartender! :puppydoge Talk about peeing in your cornflakes....I'd be hard put to smoke the rest of it bleaaahhhhhhhhh!

Hope you never have to smoke potentially caterpillar infested bud again :D

G

Well, I watch alot of CSI and this needs to be looked at with a forensic eye....lol. I'll take a stab at it.

The white/yellow spots are caused by an insect that pierces the leave and sucks the juice out.

The ragged looking munched out spots seem too ragged to me to be caterpillars. Their munch marks are semi-circular and more even looking.

I think you have two culprits there cause we're looking at two different methods of munching.

G

Been spraying them with anything. I have seen young plants do that when they were sprayed with neem or insecticide. The younger leafs can't handle being sprayed and when the grow larger they look like that after they recover. That just looks similar to what happend to me when I sprayed young plants, it kinda stunted some leaf growth.

Mo,

marimbas

maybe fungus, if the humidity is too high, it may be fungus.

So in my opinion, is eather bugs, like all the guys say, or maybe fungus...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Looks like the beginnings of a zinc deficiency or lockout, perhaps iron? I really couldn't tell ya until we were smoking right there and maybe not even then????

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is definately bugs at work here, catapillars and larve...

May also be some insecticide burn as well...

GrowDoc

wow, thanks for all the ideas, well she's been constantly battling with grasshoppers, but there aren't any webs of any sort... i have sprayed it with a habanero/soap/water mixture which seems to work quite well, but i know what that looks like when it buns a plant i've already over done it once, i'll get a pic up of it later. zinc def? possibly, she gets fed quite well organic ferts (age old organic) switched to a bloom/kelp mixture for phosphorus potassium, and micros. i feed once a week with about a half power reccomended dosage. LG also suggested it could be nematodes... i'm not sure but i'll do some investigating. prolly not fungus, live at a higher altitude with about avereage humidity of around 15% - 30% or so... thanks Peace & Love -A

Last edited:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Larvs dont make webs... they secrete a subtance that coats the leafs

Dont not spray plants with insecticide in the full sun, wait til 30 mins before sun down then spray...

my 2 cents...

GrowDoc

anyway to locate the larvae? i've got a 30x loupe, any places on the plant i should be looking in particular? i really would like to know whats up with by beauty, she's kickin' ass other wise. still working on new pix... be up soon. Thanks Growdoc Peace & Love -A

here's a pic of the pepper spray burn...

it got rinsed right away once we noticed it was burning, initially before the rinse it was starting to turn black frightening to say the least... in moderation it keeps 'hoppers and other insects away pretty effectively Peace & Love -A

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Larve will be found on the underside of the leafs and close to the main stem around the internodes...

GrowDoc