What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tobacco against aphids

Truegruwer

Hey,
Yesterday I tried to cook tobacco liquor (15g in 500ml) and I added 4 cloves of garlic.
I sprayed it on my jack herrer (autoflowering) to kill aphids.
Trichomes were still white, growing for 57 days.
Today I woke up and a lot of them browned, but they are still small and unlit.
Do you think it's from tobacco or should I gather now? :ying:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Nicotine as an insecticide has been used for years, especially on food crops. The ratio is the key!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nicotine as an insecticide has been used for years, especially on food crops. The ratio is the key!

Exactly as Switcher said. Dilute recipe....less is more, in most cases.

My dad first told me about nicotine as a pesticide....that was enough for me to know and not smoke cigarettes, although I did smoke (not inhale) Swisher Sweets at times in high school/college. Never liked taste of tobacco after being lit.

Now, cannabis is an entirely different story!

master kusher

lady bugs for future reference will exterminate your problem naturally. I would personally pull when I saw 80 to 100 percent orange pistols. as far as the aphids I personally do not know how bad the infestation is, this might affect your harvest window I guess this is what one would call variable change.

Latest posts

Latest posts