What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keif and pollen boxes

GotChaman

Where can I find a good quality keif/pollen box?
What Micron size screen is recommended for decent quality keif?

Thanks

med4u

Veteran
hey gotcha,have you tried hash bags,i use 220 and 160 micron can get em off e bay bout $30 or so good luck

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Since he asked about boxes I use a little RYOT box that has a 110 micron. I use it mainly for rolling joints though. Does the deed for me personally. Im saving up to buy a bubble box. Its larger with more screens, obvious reasons there. Google Bubbleman's, bubblebox, you will find the screen sizes there.

med4u

Veteran

Thanks
the bags come in 220,160,73,25 put some dry ice in with your trim and shake out piles of keif,can also use to make icewater hash

C

Chamba

Keif and pollen boxes

Thanks

It all depends on what you want to use it for. Some screen boxes are ideal for placing on your desk, filled with a few grams of bud that you can open up and smoke every now and then throughout the day and these can be used for dry sifting with too, but are better suited for passive resin collection that builds up as you grind bud on the screen, pack bowls over or roll jays on the mesh and each time a little resin passes through the mesh(es),

While other boxes are specifically designed more for dry sifting and less so as a smoker's box or table box,

There's lots of different sizes, designs, options and price ranges available.
at Aqualabtechnologies.com. They sell a wide range of good quality screen boxes with single, dual and triple screens as well as sets of dry sifting screens from Bubbleman that has 4 screens and the top screen is stainless steel, so there's bound to be a box there that will suit your requirements.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-equipment/dry-sifting-screens.html

Support ICmag advertisers!!

Last edited:
C

Chamba

also check out the Gypsy Nirvana Stash boxes for sale at seedboutique.com, these are on special right now for only $81 which is excellent value. These have dual screens, side storage for your grinder, scissors, spare screens, papers etc and it's lockable...every smoker should have one of these and they look great!. I've had the ash burl veneer model for many years now and the finish and workmanship are first class.

https://www.seedboutique.com/Produc...h-boxes-Deluxe-Double-Screen-ASH-BURL&Type=PD

C

Chamba

Always wanted to try one of these out. Hard to import them for me unfortunately.

If you are talking about purchasing one of those stash boxes from seedboutique in the UK and getting it sent to the US then it shouldn't be a problem as it's a cigar humidor isn't it and the product should be described that way on the parcel.

C

Chamba

I love my Bubblebox. Got it from freshheadies. Peace GS

Yeah, it's the Rolls Royce of screen boxes, that's for sure.

and it's actually two boxes in one, a big beautiful table box made with African rosewood (and it's lockable) and become a serious dry sifter's kit when you take the screens out and work plant material into high grade blonde resin.

It takes some time and technique to purify it but the effort is well worthwhile as nothing hits your forehead like pure dry sift...everyone should check out Green Supreme's threads about dry sifting with the Bubblebox, he produces resin much cleaner than just about any I've seen online and almost as clean as Sam Skunkman 99.99% dry sift.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A variation of the pollen box, is a harvest box. It has a screen that you do all your trimming and cleaning over, and at the end of the day you lift out the screen and collect the kif that has collected on the bottom.

They come in different sizes, up to 24" X 48" suitcases that open to provide four stations. I made my own, as shown in the attached picture. A simple box with folding lid, and a 150 micron stainless screen, with a mirror underneath.

For dry sieving and refinement, I built individual screens from 150 to 70 micron, and designed them so that they nested for storage and transportation protection.

The first screen on which I was scraping raw plant material, I made out of stainless bolting cloth, and the remainder from silk screen material. The stainless was held in place by retaining strips, and the silk screen was rolled into a groove using a screen door spline, to control tension.

Attachments

• Splined corner.jpg
    Splined corner.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 43
  • Glued frames drying-1-1.jpg
    Glued frames drying-1-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Stretched frame bottom.jpg
    Stretched frame bottom.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Stretched frame top.jpg
    Stretched frame top.jpg