What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

SkillsBot2935

So I've never had problems growing until getting this damn Hydro Hut. Why does new growth yellow on any clone i put in my hydrohut? This one was only planted 7-27 in Ocean Forest soil. I exchange the air in my hut on a short cycle timer so it shouldnt be ventilation. Im running 4 little t5s so it shouldnt be heat or light burn. They shouldnt need to be feed yet so i cant see it being a deficiency.The water in my area has a PH of 9, but its never a problem with plants outside of the damn tent..
It matches the description for sulfur deficiency but its only like a week old and i have never had this problem outside of the tent as well.

Any thoughts? at this point im about to abandon the hydro hut as it has been nothing but hassle. Plants 4 feet away in a sectioned off corner of my garage are fine.

Last edited:

namo420

wow....thats crazy,ive never seen discoloration like that....i dont think its your hydrohut tho...lol,how could it be...

SkillsBot2935

Well possibly an environmental problem such as air circulation or heat.
Seems like Im doing everything right... Im always open to the possibility im wrong though. Maybe somethings glaringly obvious that someone more experienced can see.

stretchpup

Weird!

I can't offer too much advice, but don't get too hung up on the tent brother. There's obviously a problem and it's not the plastic the tent is made up of.

The air isn't constantly being exhausted?

pH of 9? That's not right, for starters. Sounds like you know this.

Can you elaborate on "4 little t5s" - single 24" tubes? how close to tops?

G

I seriously doubt it is the Hydrohut. I just began my grow in a HydroHut. I think it is gonna be a great grow.

If you want to give your hut away, let me know. I'll take it!! :sasmokin:
Obli

D

Darkstarlive

It looks like light bleaching, how close is the light to the tops?? I suggest backing it off a bit and see what that does. They look pretty young still so maybe the light is too strong for them right now.

Peace...

BudZad7

:wave: Hi All ! Nice Info !!! I have the same problem....any plant put into the hut turns yellow in 1 week.....just outside the hut same batch of plants same soil, and they are fine, then move them into hut and BAMM yellow in a week..
my mother OG Kush were dark green last week and put them in hut just to see if they turn yellow BAMM they are yellow also..... 1 week later....the intake air is
coming in from the attic between 70~80, and there's no exhaust fan in the ceiling exhaust hole...inside the hut is a 12" fan on high setting circulating air in hut, and front door is open, lights are 7- 4 foot flouros 2 tubes each of the best
plant tubes IMO "OTTLITE" $10 each 48" T-12 40 watt.....these grow a plant in veg better than a 1000 MH does...and with no s t r e a c h between the nodes
everthing put into the hut has died>>>>>So, I assume it's the VENTALATION...

Have 2 4x8 huts brand new in boxes..maybe should sell them at a discount...
any takers!!!???? :wave: Peace!!!!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Not iron; Iron spreads to the top but this issue you have a sulphur issue going.

Lighting is not enough either for those plants; that why they are tall and steetchy; stretching up to the light and such.......

Iron can stay on the tops but sulphur starts from the petiols and moves towards the leaf tips

Iron tends to be a darker yellow where sulphur tends to be a brighter yellow color

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I would say the soil is not drying out enough between feeds or waterings. Damaging the roots and then the plant is hurt on the uptake. Are you feeding on a schedule same as the ones outside the tent? The environment in the tent is different than the room its in with the others.

I have seen plants do this when not being allowed to dry out enough. When they were allowed to dry out properly between waterings they greened up again. Weird, the lower plant was green, the middle all yellow and all the new growth green again.

OGrider

thats funny i have the same thing going on. i just got the hut and a week later i got sulfer deficiency. i foliar sprayed them with some epsom.can it possibly be residue on the plastic having an effect on the sulfer and changing it into a different compound??? :nono: anybody else having this problem?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a budbox XL and recently just bought a budbox mini, I have no problems in my tents. Sounds to me like poor ventilation and pH causing all sorts of problems.

The only way the tent can be to blame is if it is a ventilation problem. Otherwise it must be down to human error (lighting/timers/watering/feeding) or your water pH or soil problems. :wave:

justagrower

probably a bit late for the thread starter , but i m convinced your pictures show the sysmptoms of "off gassing" from new vinyl which leads to "bad room syndrome" . had the exact same problems when i laid some brand new linoleum in my veg space .

there was a great OG faq on "Bad Room Syndrome" which helped me diagnose the problem. it showed pictures almost exactly like yours . the gases released by new vinyl is toxic to plants , birds , fish etc .. probably not doing us any good neither .

google "off gassing" or bad room syndrome for more info . i v got pictures myself somewhere , see if i can dig em out .

Ditto

Ditto

I've run into the EXACT same problem. I thought it was some sort of deficiency as well, and even made a post on here looking for advice. Nothing would bring them out of their death spiral.

It happened to plants in different medias, with different nutrient regimens and even under different lights. The only common factor was the huts.

Here are a few pics of 2 SSH that were beautiful before they went into the huts. After only a few days this is what they started to look like.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Kiss of Death the pics yo are showing either had an iron deficiency or a magnesium deficiency or both.

Notice how the tops are yellowing the the very lower leaves are not..... some of them are showing magnesium.... yellowing veins..... the top most upper leaves look like iron, so you had both iron and magnesium issues.
Sorry was not able to help ya when you needed help, I prob was not around when you posted.....

Do not know why you had the issue cause I know nothing about your growing... but it looks mostly like it was not enough of it instead of lockout....

The thread starters issue was sulfur, notice how the yellowing started from the petioles and outwards to the leaves tips...... sulfur always starts on the newest leaves and starts from petioles outwards.

Last edited:
Another person running into the exact same issue

Another person running into the exact same issue

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/planting-indoors/106099-most-bizzare-problem-ever.html

Check out the pictures from post #140 on page 14 of the thread. That is exactly how the problem progressed through my plants as well. EXACTLY

Stitch, you did try to help me. I followed your directions to try and save the 2 SSH that were having this problem. They died in exactly the same way as all the other plants before them. Now the G-13 and the OG Kush that I just put in there a little less than a week ago are starting to yellow. Brand new bag of FF LightWarrior, RO water with 2mL of Cal-Mag+/gal and pH'd to 6.0.

Same bizarre yellowing occurring with 2 new clones now as well, one in coco and one in rockwool. There were fine until they went into the hut. Now the exact same yellowing.

I'm telling you, there's something to this hut thing.

Last edited: