What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

G

EXCELLENT thread. This is better than most books Ive read. Pictures rule!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
:D

thank you!
there are a few pictures i am going to remove and show better pictures... like nitrogen and zinc....

like for nitrogen im showing the plant where the part is affected like the lower part... thats where nitrogen deficiencys start....
and for zinc i gotta find a better picture... was the best one i had at the time so when i get ahold of some ne

shopvac

there she is...stitchy

long time no see. good to see your thread stickyd. keep up the good work.

come back on sometime. have fun good luck on the ventures

Bones

Awesome thread stitch!! Looks like iv'e currently got a few things combining, prob due to ph first bein too high, now bein a little low. Many thanks for the great contribution to all growers :) BTW do you recommend bottled (distilled) water or is leaving tap water to stand for 24h just as good??

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hehe bartedner your to funny :D

shoppy!!! my buddy ole pal ;)
its always great to see you!! how have you been lately? i know you must be busy thats for sure :D

Hey bones! distilled water is just fine bottled water sometimes have sodium in them for taste.. stay away from water that has sodium in it.....

some distilled waters you have to avoid sometimes because some store brand names are the ones that most likely will rip you off......

tap water is good as long as you dont get problems.... if ph is in range and your feeding enough and not over feeding and still having problems then look for the water to most likley to be the source of the problem.....

I also have made a guide about water softner problems... people sometimes dont know whats wrong and never look to the water may be the problem......

this goes for any tap water that has sodium in it... even water supply company use a small amount of water softning agent to help stop sediment build up in water mains..... if this is true for anyone then AVOID using your tap water!

I exp this first hand and we lived in a town that did this and our plants had a problem that wouldnt go away.... so once we started buying RO water it went away... we also found out our water from the water company was in fact using a commercial sized water softner!

i should post it here sometime.... its over at Overgrow.....
im going to be experimenting with using air conditioning condensation water
from the central air unit.... ph is a perfect 7.0 neutral.....
of course there is no minerals in it.....

oh also forgot when water softners are being used it works by taking calcium and magneisum out of the water and replacing with ionzed salts

thus taking those nutrients away and adding sodium which cannabis plants will uptake sodium before any other nutrient!
plants first start off by showing spotting like a ph problem.. then locking out calcium mag and nitrogen and lastly phosphorus... then when ya try to correct it by adding nutrients it spins off into a huge lockout problem and then you get a buildup of excessive nutrients because of the sodium locking it out

but anyways if you wanna see it now... you can see it on og but ill make a thread on it here so everyone can see!
it also explains how water softners work with pictures.. also shows the pics of my plants and signs of sodium being the culprit for your problems :)

sorry for babbling but i thought you might want to know that just in case ;)

Bones

Thanks stitch, I'm gonna try a feeding with epsom salts in distilled water and if that doesn't fix the mg problem then it must be getting locked out by sodium. I do seem to have a slight calcium def too so it looks like sodium is the culprit. If so then I'll flush the pots then feed with half strength formulex and work from there. thanks for your help dude :) (gonna check out that OG thread too) BTW babbling is all good - the more info the better :D

G

By the way - this is the best sick plant guide on the internet I have found - a very helpful thread for ANY grower /

thank you & keep building it

Manny blessings

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job stitch ....this is an awesome addition to ICmag. Thank you very much for all your hard work stitch .... we really do appreciate it :) thanks

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
:D

yup im going to keep adding things and such to it to make it better!
trying not to make it so very long...... but with all the info thats not going to go that way lol

something ineed to add very soon are some new pics of zinc deficiency..... i want to remove the 2 i have an find something better.... i havnt found any yet because zinc is a rare deficiency... so the pics are going to be hard to find :) but ill find them soon!

i want to add some more stuff to this which i will be working on soon which is fungus problems... like fudarium powedery mildew mildew and things like that .....
there is alot of problems with molds fungus out there but since this is cannabis specific guide its only going to list problems that the cannabis plant have :)

G

Stitch
I need your help.. I cant figure thisone out.. So maybe you can help.. I know its a blurry pics but thats the best my camera can give me.. sorry.. Please help..peace.. be back in a bit..

Here is another pic

and then a leaf the color is much lighter in this pic.. But the whole plant did lighten up in color.. thanx for any help.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Very cool thread. Great info on very wide range everyone one can benefit from. Thanks.rr

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Heya sack! i sent ya a pm and asked ya some questions on your growing conditions....

this weekend im going to do some editing and it will be in red for the new things i have added...... im going to add more nutrients to how to fix the problems.....
and if anyone wants to add something feel free.... i may need some pest cures... stuff to use to get rid of certin pests.... will definatly add your name and thank you for the info... i just dont have alot of time right now so any help would be appreicated :)

Bonzo

Veteran
Thank you so much for taking the time to put this all together, lord knows i need it!

peace

bonz

Tropical Treats

Nice Thread Stitch, a lot of useful information here. Should help most growers identify their problems easily. Especially with detailed photos and explanation.
Keep up the good work!

TT

guineapig

Veteran
this is my first time viewing your magnificent creation and check your reputation level because i tried to give you one million reputation points.....this is a great resource and should be bookmarked in the Cannabis Infirmary forum....

my vote for "Sick Plant Guru" goes out to mynamestitch.......

i'll get my act together and see what i can find on Neem Oil and botanicals like chrysanthemum oil and other home remedys.....also there are some brand new products out there for spidermite control.....my concern is to find brand new information and not provide redundant info.....-thanks again, gp

Latest posts

Latest posts