What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and Creativity, is there a connection?

When it comes to cannabis and creativity, is there a connection? :biggrin:

From reading around online it seems to help increase cerebral blood flow as well as up's the levels of neurotransmitters such as Dopamine mostly.

Dopamine benefits in themselves have been proven to help inspire creativity as people will have their inhibitions lowered and would be more willing to "step outside the box".

Thoughts? :biggrin:

H

Huckster79

Oh most definetly... at least upto of a certain point, go to for around and can't remember you stuck ur finger in ur nose to pick a booger and walk around with your finger up your nose cuz u forgot it was there, they maybe not.

I write much more eloquently when under the influence. I enjoy drawing, not great at it but OK when under the influence... I think of ideas for things from house projects to marketing ideas for work to ew homeade contraptions for grow room, to new experimental grow techniques.... I was creative before mj I feel it definitely enhances it.

No science of it but definitely anecdotal from me... I think it's because it clears the bullshit problems of life out of my concern for a bit

FireIn.TheSky

Not all strains are created equal. Most weed just makes me stoned, very few plants have ever made me truly enhanced.

Oh most definetly... at least upto of a certain point, go to for around and can't remember you stuck ur finger in ur nose to pick a booger and walk around with your finger up your nose cuz u forgot it was there, they maybe not.

I write much more eloquently when under the influence. I enjoy drawing, not great at it but OK when under the influence... I think of ideas for things from house projects to marketing ideas for work to ew homeade contraptions for grow room, to new experimental grow techniques.... I was creative before mj I feel it definitely enhances it.

No science of it but definitely anecdotal from me... I think it's because it clears the bullshit problems of life out of my concern for a bit

Hahah, thanks for the example.

I feel just like alcohol you have to kind of go into it with the right mind-set. I figure if you were stumped on what to write next would be a good time to light one up, or if you're working on a painting and not sure how to continue to light one up.

Not all strains are created equal. Most weed just makes me stoned, very few plants have ever made me truly enhanced.

I suppose then it's all about the Cannabis strain, really. I feel also as mentioned above that part of it may depend on what you're thinking at the time. If you come into it just to get high, I don't think you'll feel all that inspired to do much. I feel now if you had an idea on your mind that when high, you'll just keep picking and picking at it and really go over your normally limited inhibition levels! :woohoo:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yup. lots of problems get solved by burning one & mulling it over. some folks aint bright enough to mull (or know what it means). lightning bolts of inspiration frequently come out of clouds of smoke...

H

Huckster79

yup. lots of problems get solved by burning one & mulling it over. some folks aint bright enough to mull (or know what it means). lightning bolts of inspiration frequently come out of clouds of smoke...

Great visual that lightning bolts come out of clouds of smoke! I may have to try my hand at cartooning that....

I think mindset has much to do with it. Tho I would argue with alcohol you are along for the ride, the buzz is in control much more than you are. With smoking I find I'm more in control if I wasn't to access my creative side I can, if I wasn't to focus on cleaning house I can w amazing focus. If I just want to sit clear my mind and enjoy a "controlled stupor" n just enjoy the stone feeling I can.

I do not like the buzz from alcohol anymore,I don't like that it has or can have control of me, no matter how baked I'm still "me" never have had to apologise for my behaviour stoned.... And I'm not an angry drunk but still can make ass of myself.

B

Baron Greenback

Definitely, just look at the quality of the music when everyone was smoking non-hybridised NLD varieties :)

H

Huckster79

I tried the melowi cob cure and really heightened the creative focused side...

nattyroots

i think ppl will be a lot more open about the use of weed in cretive professions. Musicians probably paved the way but I think with microdosing etc, the tide could be shifting for acceptance of weed at the work place (for some jobs not others, of course)