What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flouresent light

420Joe

I have a few of them small flouresent light bulbs that u can screw into a normal light socket and noticed that it flashes for a split sec every few mins or less when its turned off.Now my question is if this will effect the grow causing the plants to hermmy?

G

So your saying while your in dark mode it flickers on and off? Well if its in flowering...yes it will hinder your flowering. Doubt go hermie. The light will reset the plants automatic timer which tells it to flower when given around 12/12. If this happens then your plant will be in a low light veg state.

Blatant

420Joe

There energy efficent flouresent bulbs.And all the ones i have flicker when there off.I havent try to grow with them but i have seen many pics of ppl using them.

G

Wow I never heard of anything like that. A flickering bulb when turned off? The only reason I can see a CFL flicker with the power off is if it has a problem with the ingnitor and shut off switch. Strange indeed. Anyone else know?

Blatant

Latest posts

Latest posts