What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRAINWRECK!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
This thread is all about the infamous strain TRAINWRECK....

As far as I know there are TWO original varieties from Nor Cal that are clone only...

One pheno grows very bushy with tons of stems that are weak. Your plant will look like a fat lady sat in the middle of it. Not a big yielder by any means, tons of small buds but the smell and taste are ridiculous. Circa, around 1996 to present...

The other pheno is a much higher yielder, pretty damn big buds. But everything about it is washed down. Not as much smell or flavor, but still Trainwreck. I assume is was crossed with Big Bud, but that's just an assumption...

Please post any pics you have, these are some I found on Google. Its funny, you can TELL by the look what bud is Trainwreck. Im about to do a grow with Trainwreck...

norcal_sourD

MMMmmm, am familiar with this bitch outdoors! 1st pheno (arcata I presume) grows like a yellow Xmas tree, branchy with floppy-ish smaller nugs packed with calyxes that shine like diamonds and smells like bannana, minty menthol-y dank! Very thin branches like a wispy haze. Don't know any other way to describe it, just know it when I see/smell it lol! Have seen the other cut and many of it's crosses go around in the years since I grew her, none stack up to the original IMHO. Seen an indoor Alien TW I really like years ago, but never since. Wish I had pics to share KB, she's a special one! There's a reason she's been around so long!!

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Veteran
It has to be my absolute favorite strain...

CANT WAIT to make extracts with some TW bud...

balls to the walls, nasty menthol funk i used to grow the shit out of this back in the day, born and raised southern humboldt, ,,whitethorn .shelter cove,, trainwreck will hold a special place in my heart forever along with old skool lavender and orange kush peace to those who know wtf i'm talking about

DRorganic

Veteran
Who has the closest in seed form that you can buy today.if you are afraid you will get band
From the site send me a IM. Thanks

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Who has the closest in seed form that you can buy today.if you are afraid you will get band
From the site send me a IM. Thanks

As much as I hate to say it, I think GHS is the only option.

HEAD used to have his Trainwreck BXII but it was a herm factory. For a strain that has such a long standing reputation I wonder how it has escaped exploitation in the seed industry for so long or even in clone trading it's either undesired or just not passed around.
I had always heard TW has herm tendencies, maybe that's why.

I know Tom Hill was working with TW on S1's I would have bought some if he released them.

Edit: it looks like GHS discontinued their trainwreck.

Last edited:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Rocking the same cut that originally came out of the body shop in arcata when it was a grow...last year they put up 6 lbs each and went through a lot of bad weather with no problems. There is big wreck and lots of other TW crosses, but I've found you can get the original cut to throw large spears if you're a pro

krunchbubble

Veteran
Trainwreck has a love/hate relationship with the growing community...

People hate it because the market used to be flooded with the shit for years, just like Blue dream right now...

Now that its been gone for around 10 years, I think people can apprecite how good it was, compared to many of the same boring strains today....

It FUCKING reeks, it tastes really good. I think its about time for a comeback...

Elemental Wellness in San Jose has trays full of TW clones right now, im about to pick up many to run an indoor crop with...

FlaDankster

Veteran
I like the TW myself.Good stank and flav.And i like how she tastes pretty much the way she smells.I love how it crumbles perfectly as i chop it with my scissors to roll a jay.No other weed has ever just "fell apart" the way the wreck does for me.

I'll toss in a few dry bud pics later.

RespectGreen

Veteran
Not a fan of the wreck here something about the smell throws me off :( also like jointed one said very anxiety inducing for me.

norcal_sourD

Do let us know what cut it appears to be KB, would love to see an old school tw grow thread...That bitch is certified w/papers and all lol.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
picture.php

TRAINWRECK all day:dance013:

I can smoke this girl forever, can't wait to see the grow Krunch.:tiphat:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey krunchbubble, I enjoy the TW also. I have smoked it several times when it comes into town (most likely the bud came from seedplants and not the E-32 Arcata cut) and have grown the GH version once (really liked it, strong smelling like something dead and funk and a potent high). I also have H3ads TW II in the stash waiting til they get a chance to shine. I grew CVS Cookie Wreck last year and it was my favorite from that grow. I'll be running it again this year because it was that good. If you get a chance try it out since you like TW and Cooks. Take care 1

aligee

Veteran
Love me some wreck! just did a cross with Arcata TW to sourbubble stud! should add some girth to those floppy stems!

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone grown the S1 offering from Dr.Greenthumb? Curious of the resulting phenotypes.

BadRabbit

Has anyone grown the S1 offering from Dr.Greenthumb? Curious of the resulting phenotypes.

There's a couple of nicely photographed grows of doc's TW on other fourms ... easy search.

I just grew out a single HSO TW freebie seed ... grew it as a test plant and forced it early and kept it small, took two cuts. The tiny little bud I got off the seed plant was a real surprise, much like described here, right to the head/semi-panic attack after 3 hits. The clones took forever to root and the one I put into veg is super slow and struggling to get back into veg state, very confused plant. I'll keep working it and see what I get, but there was enough there to create interest .....

And PS, in reality, I took the clones fairly well into flowering from the original plant, so it's not entirely surprising the cuts are confused/slow ...

Nspecta

Veteran
TrainWreck's alright but a quality hybrid is the real ticket...as long as you can find a killer pheno that don't herm to bad.

Humboldt Purple Wreck

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• UrpleWreck.JPG
    UrpleWreck.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PurpleWreck.JPG
    PurpleWreck.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 18