What's new

just bought new lights...

anasha

Hi everyone,

last january I've harvested my second grow. My set-up is a 30 sq. ft. SCROG. with three modular units (middle and side) for better acsess to plants. I was working with three 400w systems. In veg. I was using those convert. light bulbs MH, cause by balasts are HPS. It worked out ok, but from what I hear, they don't put out as many lumens as they should. So no I want to expend a little :rolleyes: by adding two more switchable systems ( 400w ) that can be used for MH with a normal MH light bulb and HPS light bulb when needed, all I have to do is flip a switch...

Does anyone used system like that before, and if so, how is it worked out for you? I increase wattage but will plant less plants than before. I had 27, but now will not grow more than 20.

Please let me know if you know anything about these switchable systems.

anasha

G

I have a switchable 400w ballast. I'm running a 400w agro sun for veg and a 430w hps son agro for flower. It seems to work fine although I'm on my first grow with it. I'm 24 days into 12/12 with a white widow and she's looking pretty good. So far I'm satisfied but we shall see in the end.

anasha

Thanks for your reply boinkadoink,

i hope your grow will proceed as you would like it too. What about temperature of the balast ? Does it gets real hot or not too bad? I usually place a small fan on top of each balast to cool it down a bit, but some get hotter than others. Please let me know.

Good luck and be safe.

anasha

G

The ballast itself does get pretty warm but it doesn't effect ambient temp to much. The hood is what I had heat problems with until I got a exhaust fan taking hot air away from the bulb. But you have lots more room then I do. Good luck

anasha

I have an exhaust fan right over all four hoods ( 180cfm ), but I think I'll eather change it for a bigger one or just add another one of the same size.

Anyway, thanks for the information and all the best to you.

anasha