What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

N

Neptune

bio vs. dwc seems to be a touchy subject on this board, the bio-cop will come getcha!!! lol lol

I'm definatly building that blaze, i've started assembling parts already, but i have another 2 months ^_^

brooklyn

oh yes this is my upgrade, also started collecting parts to start the build, thanks blaze for a great tute, i have a coupla more questions, when do u switch from 12/12 to 8/16? what kind of res chiller do u use and whats the cost? whats the minmum times ur system should recirculate? i think weather bio or dwc, BB's are a must in our systems, also helps to keep the dreaded root slime at bay, i did things wrong by not using larva rock colonize the BB's but they did eat the slime...so it did work...peace

TripleT

I'll have to read up on the ebb and flow fittings. You say they can't leak? My biggest problem with leaks is the 1/4 barbs in the 1/2" line. Are you doing anything different. This system (Your last) really dose kick ass, thanks for the tutorial over at OG to get me started. I'll post a picture tomorrow of what I got going on now. Quite honestly I've amazed myself so far.

This was 4 1/2 weeks ago, I'll show ya tomorrow whats going on.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well i have been told by another that they also had a leak doing it this way,I guess you have to get them in just right or they will leak i personally have not had any troubles with leaks other than overflows,Which i do believe problem is solved in this version.

If you are getting leaks then you can use some type of sealer not sure what brand but it needs to stick to soft vinyl tubing and needs to be flexible.Other than that all i can say is do it over and take your time you should be able to get it leak tight with little patience...

TripleT

SpoCannabis said:
How bad of leaks are you talking? Have you tried sealing it?

I didn't have the first leak till I moved a bucket a few inches to space the plants a lil better. As I was repairing the one with the leak using silicone the next closest one leaked. I learned you have to be very gentle when moving any parts of the system.

TripleT

It's all Blazes Fault!

It's all Blazes Fault!

I based this grow off of a former tutorial he had posted at OG. I modified it a bit but it was his idea. Credits due to him, thanks man! I've grow outdoors for several years, this is my first attempt at an indoor hydro DWC garden. And honestly so far it is was easier than I expected it to be when I first started researching it. The growth and bud size is phenonimal. I love the huge root ball taking up a hole 5 gallon bucket, very cool! I did some Lst on them without any strings, just bending. This is day 31 of flower.

This is a shot of a Pot of gold Top, I have two plants with roughly 20 really nice colas 8-14" in length and multiple smaller shoots with lil nugs on them.

Super Silver Haze top. Can you see what I think is Calcium defecincy? I'm not sure how I got it. I'm using GH 3 part nutes mixing about 3/4 strength. There's calcuim in the Micro so I don't understand why the plant isn't absorbing it. Any ideas? PPM currently at 940, Water temps have been 68-72 Air temps for 60's lights out to 86 with them on. Ph ranges from 5.2 to 5.9. 20 inch fan blowing on them, 440 cfm can fan, 1000 watt hortilux hydro farm 6" vented hood. I also have 4 40 watt cool white tubes level with the HPS and three 100 watt cfls in there giving some side light. I wasn't sure about using them, but It looks like they are helping to fatten up the outer buds a bit.

Side shot of the SSH plant, she looks so sweet, she has 13 real nice colas 8-16" long and many smaller stems with nugs on them.

This is a partial shot over the tops of the two Pot of gold plants I have. They are just now starting to show early signs of calcium defecincy. Is it too late to try and help these 3 girls out?

I need to learn a bit more about harvesting, I'm not sure exactly how to judge and if you harvest different strains at different times. How long do you think they have to go? What kind of yield do you think I'd get off of these sweethearts?

Blaze your the man! Thanks a bunch! :friends:

Last edited:

pugnacious

Just finished reading the whole tutorial. Everytime Ive seen your recirc dwc setup I was always itimidated and in awe of your setup. Thanks for explaining it in detail. My only question is how does the float valve in the controller bucket control water levels?

Last edited:

TripleT

pugnacious said:
Just finished reading the whole tutorial. Everytime Ive seen your recirc dwc setup I was always itimidated and in awe of your setup. Thanks for explaining it in detail. My only question is how does the float valve in the controller bucket control water levels?

It works just like the float in a toilet. As the water level in the controler drops so does the float which in turn allows water to flow into the controller from a resevoir to keep the water level constant at all times.

Nugs-N-Jugs

Great thread BOU!!!! I too love the 3/4 inch ebb and flow fitting. Great find. But I have to say, personally I like the totally rusted out pliers used to insert the 1/4 inch feed line. :nanana: Where can I find some of dem :wave: When you get a chance could you post your tetanus schedule? Sorry buddy couldn't resist.

Keep up the hard work mate!!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I like goop for a sealant, but I am a coward, no plumbing in my floatilla. It is cheap and available and seems a bit tougher than silicone to this old fool. Sanclem is the one that turned me on to it. Nice tutorial, thanks.
H

eskimopussy

Independant Recirculating Dwc

Independant Recirculating Dwc

There might be some growers out there with 400s or even 600s thinking "yeah well I see a lot of lights too" well these results can be achieved with both the 400 and the 600. All you need to do is cut the number of plants down to 1 for a 400 and 2 for a 600, and also independantly recirculate your bucket(s). By that I mean each bucket have its own resevoiur, preferably 10 gallon water capacity per bucket. I have chose to use a 264gph pump and a 4' air duffser per 10 gallon resevoiur, and 4' air diffusers in the a buckets. One important thing to remember is heat, if your 600 is packed in a 4x2x6 and you are cooling it with a dayton 265, you might want to stick with soil or whatever is working right now.

BOU's advice is correct down to the T as far as PPM/ph ranges and his impecable method/growing etiquettes are a reminder of why he was a mentor at our befallen overgrow.

Keep on Blazin'On.

eskimopussy

Some eye candy all made possible by this insanely easy system.

This is what I have in veg- front right is SSHxPTK cross which bonecarver did, front left BOU's own personal BB, back left Jack Herrer Sativa Pheno, back right Jack Herrer Indica Pheno.

And for anyone wonder if they need rooting hormones check this out. 100% rooting success with water and rapid rooters, dont let people sell you cloning gel, its another way for them to make 25$ from a little bottle with that cool looking logo(growshops :bat: ).

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Eskimopussy thanks for stopping by,Plants are looking great,I am anxious to try the jack herer.None the less plants and shit are looking great hehehe.

NWGREENY

This system was built with leak tight fittings and ect,Built like the one in the tut leaks should not be an issue.

EVERYONE ELSE

Until next time be safe and take care :)

Last edited:

pugnacious

Im thinking about building a 3-4 bucket for 1000w and want to know what size res and controller I should use. Does it matter what height I put the float valve?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Well Blaze, after all the crap I gave you at the beginning, I figured it was only fair of me to stop in and say "Great Tutorial!" since ya finished it :D

Now, gets some plants in it! :wave: